Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 718 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 218618668708716717718719720728768818 ... LastLast
Results 10,756 to 10,770 of 17307
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is the first Iím hearing that inflation is that big a concern from Covid.
    I've said it ad nauseam since the start.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq_E3HquRJY&t=1128s

I posted that a couple of weeks ago. Not even top economists can agree how the national debt will affect inflation because borrowing has become a lot less expensive than it was in the 1980s. Interest rates are significantly lower.

Not to mention, the ways to fix inflation and debt come from the same thing AOC and others have echoed multiple times. Tax the rich. The fact that capital gains taxes and corporate taxes keep lowering as we increase spending makes zero sense for example. Close the gap.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-27-2021 at 07:10 PM.

This is the first Iím hearing that inflation is that big a concern from Covid.
    Are you saying this is the first you're hearing about inflation above the norm? Or that the level of inflation may be concerning?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I've said it ad nauseam since the start.
    Yeah but youíve also been saying Covid was no big deal ad nauseam...

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Are you saying this is the first you're hearing about inflation above the norm? Or that the level of inflation may be concerning?
    That the level of inflation is that concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

I posted that a couple of weeks ago. Not even top economists can agree how the national debt will affect inflation because borrowing has become a lot less expensive than it was in the 1980s. Interest rates are significantly lower.

Not to mention, the ways to fix inflation and debt come from the same thing AOC and others have echoed multiple times. Tax the rich. The fact that capital gains taxes and corporate taxes keep lowering as we increase spending makes zero sense. Close the gap.
    inflation doesn't come strictly from our national debt
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

I posted that a couple of weeks ago. Not even top economists can agree how the national debt will affect inflation because borrowing has become a lot less expensive than it was in the 1980s. Interest rates are significantly lower and by a huge %.

Not to mention, the ways to fix inflation and debt come from the same thing AOC and others have echoed multiple times. Tax the rich. The fact that capital gains taxes and corporate taxes keep lowering as we increase spending makes zero sense. Close the gap.
    There are rich people with a boatload of money. Too bad in the grand scheme of things they still only represent a drop in the bucket. The middle class always pays.

We've been shelling out unemployment and stimulus checks for over a year and that's not even factoring in all the small businesses that went under.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    inflation doesn't come strictly from our national debt
    No it doesn't but it does play a significant part in it. We're doing antithetical things to solve our inflation problems anyways and that's not all pandemic related.

Yeah but youíve also been saying Covid was no big deal ad nauseam...
    Hey, I've been in Florida for six months and if it wasn't for all the panic on the news most people wouldn't even know there was a bad flu strain going around.

You don't even have a leg to stand on anymore because there's a vaccine. Enough is enough.

There are rich people with a boatload of money. Too bad in the grand scheme of things they still only represent a drop in the bucket. The middle class always pays.

We've been shelling out unemployment and stimulus checks for over a year and that's not even factoring in all the small businesses that went under.
    They control 99% of the wealth for a reason. The government keeps allowing ways for rich people to circumvent the tax system and give them advantages middle class people don't have. They have to close loopholes, increase taxes on the wealthy, etc. And from the business side, these huge companies need to show they are re-investing tax breaks into employment and raising wages instead of using profits to increase dividends and stock prices to shareholders or giving parachutes to board members.

Its crony capitalism that is hurting this country big time.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-27-2021 at 07:15 PM.

Hey, I've been in Florida for six months and if it wasn't for all the panic on the news most people wouldn't even know there was a bad flu strain going around.

You don't even have a leg to stand on anymore because there's a vaccine. Enough is enough.
    You need to do a better job at understanding science. You might as well tell people that claim water turns into steam.when boiled that they dont have a leg to stand on. You sound equally as clueless.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Itís not that you didnít know, itís that you didnít care.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You need to do a better job at understanding science. You might as well tell people that claim water turns into steam.when boiled that they dont have a leg to stand on. You sound equally as clueless.
    ďSure half a million Americans are dead, but history will look back at this and rightly conclude the worst thing that happened was I had to wear a mask to go to Chiliís for the Appetizer sampler...Ē

Itís not that you didnít know, itís that you didnít care.

Iíve never met someone who cares so little about Americans as you during this pandemic.
    Really it's the country as a whole. Most of the world legitimately valued the lives of their citizens, but the US and Europe seemed to prioritize freedom to not wear masks over 5 and 6 digit death tolls.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

We need to start putting Americans first!

*half a million Americans die*

Who cares?

You canít make this stuff up