Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 710 of 813 FirstFirst ... 210610660700708709710711712720760810 ... LastLast
Results 10,636 to 10,650 of 12192
    This whole conservation came out of you comparing yourself to this guy fighting the ignorance of the masses who believe the earth was flat. Which came out of something so remote from where we are now that I can't remember.

Peter, peter cotton-tail just keeps going down rabbit holes.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Someone, please pull this thread back on track, I am stuck in a rabbit hole.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Well, that is according to some, but anybody who discovers or theorizes that the earth is round before him has to be before 500 bc.

So who was it or are we going to deflect to my intelligence, integrity, or my living status?

We aren't talking about those ancient civilizations who exhibit knowledge before their time but a name recognizes by historians.
    So historians, archeologists, and "ancient civilizations" would agree that somewhere around 740-680 BC was the first published statement about a spherical earth by Isaiah.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    So historians, archeologists, and "ancient civilizations" would agree that somewhere around 740-680 BC was the first published statement about a spherical earth by Isaiah.
    As in the "Book of Isiah". Bible verses confirmed that the world was round? Other ancient civilizations were aware of him? I don't remember any theories or equations in the bible let alone giving Isaiah credit for it.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-22-2021 at 09:01 AM.

Will Rogers

Not even close. The Rig Vedas have your “source” beat by over a thousand years.

I guess we have to restructure our belief about this and give credit to whom? I am just reciting what I was taught in school.

Will Rogers

Someone, please pull this thread back on track, I am stuck in a rabbit hole.
    So, I am officially 2 weeks past the 2nd dose of my Covid vax and had no issues beyond a bit of soreness in my arm especially the second time. How 'bout you?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Not even close. The Rig Vedas have your “source” beat by over a thousand years.
    I mean it's certainly alluded to in Genesis which goes back even farther.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So, I am officially 2 weeks past the 2nd dose of my Covid vax and had no issues beyond a bit of soreness in my arm especially the second time. How 'bout you?
    Good for you. I am having trouble going to get a shot. I was going this month with my daughter and get the JJ vaccine since it is a one-shot deal, but the report coming out on it isn't encouraging.

Sorry folks, I am more in the "not getting it" crowd on this. Please no harassment on this, my wife, elderly mother, and I get enough grief from the kids. They all got it, which I am grateful for since they have their whole lives ahead of them and they live a very active one at that. At my age, it just another thing that can take me out.

One of the contributing factors in my decision is I never had medical check-ups or a doctor until I hit my sixties and needed it. I think a lot of lower middle class and poor people are like this. Couldn't afford the habit of regular health checks.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-22-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Will Rogers

Wes, your choice to take the vaccine or not. I respect that. J&J may not be around to get, although it has been overwhelmingly safe. 6 reported adverse reactions out of over 6 million shots administered. All adverse reactions must be reported to the FDA, and they are all investigated. The vaccine has been suspended pending the outcome of the investigations.

I have no problem with people thinking I am not being logical about this and willing to admit I probably looking for excuses not to get it. I am just not there let.

Will Rogers

I get my second pfizer shot tomorrow morning

I mean it's certainly alluded to in Genesis which goes back even farther.
    So Eve came up with the theory? Abel, Cain, or Moses? Have you ever read the Bible?

Will Rogers

Good for you. I am having trouble going to get a shot. I was going this month with my daughter and get the JJ vaccine since it is a one-shot deal, but the report coming out on it isn't encouraging.

Sorry folks, I am more in the "not getting it" crowd on this. Please no harassment on this, my wife, elderly mother, and I get enough grief from the kids. They all got it, which I am grateful for since they have their whole lives ahead of them and they live a very active one at that. At my age, it just another thing that can take me out.

One of the contributing factors in my decision is I never had medical check-ups or a doctor until I hit my sixties and needed it. I think a lot of lower middle class and poor people are like this. Couldn't afford the habit of regular health checks.
    More like another thing that could prevent you from being taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    More like another thing that could prevent you from being taken out.
    True, but I did state I am not being logical about this any more than maintaining a smoking habit so late in life. Two zigs a day. I am willing to accept the outcome. You see, I don't want to live out my life to the point I have to be fed, losing my cognitive ability or ability to control my bowels, or depending on a zillion pill to live. That is my future. Not marriage, raising a family, or new horizons to conquer. I don't want to be that type of burden on my family. I am tired, old, and accept that death can come in the form of Rona.

I follow all the health safety protocols, shop only in the early morning hours when the stores are nearly empty as a lot of old retirees do, wear masks, and wash my hands when coming into the house. The rest I leave up to the Lord.

I have pissed off my kids royally with this attitude that is shared by my wife, but it is our lives.

Will Rogers