Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 705 of 781 FirstFirst ... 205605655695703704705706707715755 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,575 of 11714
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You are ignoring context, you specifically didnít include it even after I added in the hint on the reasons around why that happened.

So end of the day you think Biden would do a better job which was the main point. Great. You had to play the special but what about dems game anyways over and over though? You get why people think your stances are more along those lines when it takes many posts for you to admit you agree while spending the first chunk playing but what about dems and dems bad too games when the reality is you agree with everyone right? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm NOT ignoring it. My point was it doesn't matter. The fact that he said it at all was a major issue.

I think Biden probably would, but I'm not certain. I was there at the beginning but maybe I didn't communicate it well.

You are ignoring context, you specifically didnít include it even after I added in the hint on the reasons around why that happened.

So end of the day you think Biden would do a better job which was the main point. Great. You had to play the special but what about dems game anyways over and over though? You get why people think your stances are more along those lines when it takes many posts for you to admit you agree while spending the first chunk playing but what about dems and dems bad too games when the reality is you agree with everyone right? Lol.

Him mentioning Fauci's initial take on the general public wearing masks is 100% a Special/dbroncsinmo/Brewers/fingerbang sort of disingenuous deflection.

Scoots youíve jumped the shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm NOT ignoring it. My point was it doesn't matter. The fact that he said it at all was a major issue.

I think Biden probably would, but I'm not certain. I was there at the beginning but maybe I didn't communicate it well.
    It does matter in talking about how people handle it as a whole. A minor mistake you make and then correct and explain was due to shortage of supply is different than an overall approach denying the need for masks in the first place or making the virus/belief of it political. These are very different approaches and when comparing context it absolutely matters but you purposefully choose to ignore this context to play your games. You thinking this doesnít matter/isnít different might be the real issue then, care to explain how thatís not different/doesnít matter in judging the handling as a whole? A mistake that someone starts correcting is different than an intentional mistake doubled and tripled down on over time.

Based on everything we know I think thatís the common sense take. No one can be certain of a lot of things but I think a pro team can beat a 5th grade team at sports even without dull certainty of the outcome. Thatís been the point is which one would be better based on the info we have is obvious. Catman was arguing differently.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Him mentioning Fauci's initial take on the general public wearing masks is 100% a Special/dbroncsinmo/Brewers/fingerbang sort of disingenuous deflection.
    Ya most of the times this is the stuff I am calling scoots out for. I donít care if someone has different beliefs itís when you start making the disingenuous ďbut what about the other sideĒ arguments. Sometimes dems will be worse and they are almost always bad but often it doesnít actually fit given the context when these people do so.

I know heís capable of understanding itís bad when others do it but for some reason he still keeps repeating this approach to ďbut dems badĒ or ďboth sidesĒ almost every issue he can himself in a similar manner.

It does matter in talking about how people handle it as a whole. A minor mistake you make and then correct and explain was due to shortage of supply is different than an overall approach denying the need for masks in the first place or making the virus/belief of it political. These are very different approaches and when comparing context it absolutely matters but you purposefully choose to ignore this context to play your games. You thinking this doesnít matter/isnít different might be the real issue then, care to explain how thatís not different/doesnít matter in judging the handling as a whole? A mistake that someone starts correcting is different than an intentional mistake doubled and tripled down on over time.

Based on everything we know I think thatís the common sense take. No one can be certain of a lot of things but I think a pro team can beat a 5th grade team at sports even without dull certainty of the outcome. Thatís been the point is which one would be better based on the info we have is obvious. Catman was arguing differently.

He also said it at a time when we werent aware of how many asymptomatic carriers thier were. The fact that he said it ever wouldn't even be an issue but that Trumpers politized masks and used the quote as ammo. Scoots jumped the shark

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He also said it at a time when we werent aware of how many asymptomatic carriers thier were. The fact that he said it ever wouldn't even be an issue but that Trumpers politized masks and used the quote as ammo. Scoots jumped the shark

Agreed that is part of the context too this was said long before we knew a lot of things we do now.

I think itís pretty common sense why it happened even if I disagree with the way it was done. It was completely politicized by some we agree and thatís my point to scoots is he is using that same dumb approach. Itís not an issue really otherwise while thereís a massive difference in that and the actual politicizing against mask wearing/common sense protocol and downplaying the pandemic throughout

All the dems did at the start of corona was ***** about Trump's travel ban on China, call people racist, and say mask a lot.

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    All the dems did at the start of corona was ***** about Trump's travel ban on China, call people racist, and say mask a lot.
    I admit was like ďWHAT!!!! Less tourists from China! **** thatĒ

Last edited by ewing; 04-17-2021 at 05:11 PM.

When I think both sides suck it's not "butwhatabout" when I talk about both sides sucking. If you don't think Fauci's message to not wear a mask resulted in people not wearing masks fine, but I think THAT is disingenuous.

When I think both sides suck it's not "butwhatabout" when I talk about both sides sucking. If you don't think Fauci's message to not wear a mask resulted in people not wearing masks fine, but I think THAT is disingenuous.
    Lol. No one is saying it didn't potentially result in some not wearing one, you even going this route instead of responding directly to what was actually said is only confirming that you aren't having a genuine conversation here. It was pointed out that right wing media such as fox politicized that moment in a disingenuous way (which likely helped contribute to some not wearing one due to this statement Fauci corrected but was politicized).

What people think is that what Fauci did has been politicized into something far worse than what it actually was in order to "butwhatabout". Whether fox news or on this site. You tried using that specific example/approach as a response/comparison to Trump and said "it doesn't matter" which is insane/ridiculous. The differences in what each of them did are drastic and absolutely do matter when considering how each would approach this pandemic as a whole.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 04-17-2021 at 06:12 PM.

Not sure what a necessary covid death is.

I don't know if anyone is arguing that Trump did a good job, more that we don't know how Biden would have done just that it would have been different.
    We know Biden would not have actively campaigned anti mask rhetoric. We know that would have had a MAJOR effect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lol. No one is saying it didn't potentially result in some not wearing one, you even going this route instead of responding directly to what was actually said is only confirming that you aren't having a genuine conversation here. It was pointed out that right wing media such as fox politicized that moment in a disingenuous way (which likely helped contribute to some not wearing one due to this statement Fauci corrected but was politicized).

What people think is that what Fauci did has been politicized into something far worse than what it actually was in order to "butwhatabout". Whether fox news or on this site. You tried using that specific example/approach as a response/comparison to Trump and said "it doesn't matter" which is insane/ridiculous. The differences in what each of them did are drastic and absolutely do matter when considering how each would approach this pandemic as a whole.
    I'm trying to be genuine, I guess I'm just failing to make the point I'm trying to make while also missing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    We know Biden would not have actively campaigned anti mask rhetoric. We know that would have had a MAJOR effect.
    Did Trump campaign on anti-mask rhetoric? I didn't pay attention to him so I don't really know, but that would have been well into the pandemic so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make there.