Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 692 of 818 FirstFirst ... 192592642682690691692693694702742792 ... LastLast
Results 10,366 to 10,380 of 12261
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    we're not all as young or uneffected by wearing a mask......I do, when logical....but I have apnea and borderline COPD, so it's not like wearing a mask is no detriment to my breathing
    Well, I cant say, but I feel like youre over exaggerating if you're saying wearing a mask is a detriment to you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Have you ever wondered why this happens so often for you?
    It's not that people don't answer you, it's that you're so often dissatisfied with the answer you get so you just repeat the same question. Disliking the answer to your question is not the same as not answering it.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    so basically Trump's prediction of vaccines by April was right.
    Yes. It was based on nothing and he just so happened to get it right.

When you make a prediction in science you back that prediction up. Trump didnt do that. He said things which he had no clue if they were true or not. Just like he initially said vaccines would start being distributed in october/november.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Since Jan 20 we are averaging 2000 deaths per day, prior it was 1000.

400K on Jan 20th, 560K today in 80 days of office.
    lmaooooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes. It was based on nothing and he just so happened to get it right.

When you make a prediction in science you back that prediction up. Trump didnt do that. He said things which he had no clue if they were true or not. Just like he initially said vaccines would start being distributed in october/november.

right, it's not like Trump or the Trump administration had any science they were using.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Because people understand that once the cat is let out of the bag, there's no putting it back in. Virus rates skyrocketed in the fall and the progression of the virus through the flu season has led to a ton of cases. Maybe if that president you loved so much didn't downplay the virus, we would have seen less cases because people would have been taking it more seriously.

This isn't about who is president despite your yearnings for Trump to come back. The only way to stop the virus now is to continually get people vaccinated. Couple that with the seasons changing and the virus not having the virility and we've already seen deaths trending downward.

Its been a year but you still don't know how any of this works. Kind of amazing.
    And yet worse under Biden who has the great benefit of the Previous administration and yet is doing worse. Congrats!
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    And yet worse under Biden who has the great benefit of the Previous administration and yet is doing worse. Congrats!
    You can try to sell this, but nobody is buying.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    right, it's not like Trump or the Trump administration had any science they were using.
    This is my entire point, any prediction you make should be backed up.

For example, trump isnt an idiot because he was wrong about vaccine distribution in October november. Hes an idiot because he made that claim with no basis. Had he made that claim with a basis and it was wrong, at least he backed up his claim. Some predictions are right some are wrong. But when you have nothing to back up your prediction, it's not a prediction. Its throwing **** against a wall. Sometimes it sticks, sometimes it doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He took the average daily death of entire 2020, where we were locked down for 8 months, and compared it to 2021 where entered the year in the midst of our biggest spike. [emoji23][emoji23]

True savagery at work.

Well, I cant say, but I feel like youre over exaggerating if you're saying wearing a mask is a detriment to you.

Well maybe detriment is too strong a word, but I do notice a difference.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Well maybe detriment is too strong a word, but I do notice a difference.
    I do as well. But it's so worth dealing with that minor difference in order to minimize spread.

He loves Trump just that much though.

I do as well. But it's so worth dealing with that minor difference in order to minimize spread.

well, like I said, it's not as minor a difference for someone whose breathing is already a little labored normally....put it this way, when we were hiking in Honolulu over the holidays, I certainly noticed myself getting winded more easily during those times we masked up on the trail
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Neither is evasive answers to questions. Iíll agree to stop assuming peopleís beliefs if people start answering direct questions. That sounds fair to me.
    It wonít work, I have the exact same issues you are describing and I often try my best to give every opportunity for the other person to answer without giving the answer for them (granted eventually itís tough not to try and guess when they wonít answer).

The issue is many completely ignore questions directed at them (or dance around them) and stop responding (often leading to having the same circles multiple times). I mean even sitewolf you are responding to had ignored the same question from me 2 times (never responded to most recent post) and then you asked him with no response still in Biden thread on voter suppression. How in the world can you have a real conversation when people do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, like I said, it's not as minor a difference for someone whose breathing is already a little labored normally....put it this way, when we were hiking in Honolulu over the holidays, I certainly noticed myself getting winded more easily during those times we masked up on the trail
    Fair enough, you've got a point, maybe not regarding your own studly hiking self, but sure there are def people with current breathing issues who could be affected by masks more than I'm considering.