Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 691 of 1053 FirstFirst ... 191591641681689690691692693701741791 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 15781
  1. #10351
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,713
    The only way you'd KNOW fingerbang believed Trump had received oxygen is if he said it. He didn't, therefore you made the ASSUMPTION he believed that.

    And that's what makes it so funny. You often claim people believe something you've extrapolated but they've not said and think you're being clever in doing so.

    Even in this situation, if the doctor was asked if he'd EVER been on oxygen, how should he answer? He'd not been Trump's doctor Trump's entire life. He chose to give a present tense answer. Perhaps there were security reasons at the time he was being told to adhere to, I don't know.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  2. #10352
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,961
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The only way you'd KNOW fingerbang believed Trump had received oxygen is if he said it. He didn't, therefore you made the ASSUMPTION he believed that.

    And that's what makes it so funny. You often claim people believe something you've extrapolated but they've not said and think you're being clever in doing so.

    Even in this situation, if the doctor was asked if he'd EVER been on oxygen, how should he answer? He'd not been Trump's doctor Trump's entire life. He chose to give a present tense answer. Perhaps there were security reasons at the time he was being told to adhere to, I don't know.
    First Bolded: No, I KNEW he believed that when he didn’t answer the direct question of “do you believe Trump was on oxygen” with “no”. If he believed that he would have directly answered the question. That’s what you don’t get, that your evasive answer gives your true belief away. Thinking “if I don’t answer that means they can never know” is childish logic.

    People do not give evasive answers to things they actually believe. If you liked The Avengers and someone asked “Did you like Avengers” you say “Yes I did”. In fact, this is literally a common joke/trope when you ask someone if they liked a movie and they respond with “The effects were good” the instant response is “you didn’t like it?” Because we all know by giving such an evasive answer that they didn’t like the movie. It’s common sense.

    Second Bolded: Except the Doctor didn’t need to have known Trump his entire life to know whether he had been on Oxygen because he gave him oxygen earlier. He had direct knowledge that Trump had in fact been on oxygen and chose to not directly answer the question anyway. That is a DEAD GIVEAWAY to what the actual answer is. Again, this is common sense.

  3. #10353
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Careful, you are talking to someone who thinks wearing a mask would have saved 100% of the people who died by Covid. Logic and reason are not in play.
    ftfy

  4. #10354
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,246
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: No, I KNEW he believed that when he didn’t answer the direct question of “do you believe Trump was on oxygen” with “no”. If he believed that he would have directly answered the question. That’s what you don’t get, that your evasive answer gives your true belief away. Thinking “if I don’t answer that means they can never know” is childish logic.

    People do not give evasive answers to things they actually believe. If you liked The Avengers and someone asked “Did you like Avengers” you say “Yes I did”. In fact, this is literally a common joke/trope when you ask someone if they liked a movie and they respond with “The effects were good” the instant response is “you didn’t like it?” Because we all know by giving such an evasive answer that they didn’t like the movie. It’s common sense.

    Second Bolded: Except the Doctor didn’t need to have known Trump his entire life to know whether he had been on Oxygen because he gave him oxygen earlier. He had direct knowledge that Trump had in fact been on oxygen and chose to not directly answer the question anyway. That is a DEAD GIVEAWAY to what the actual answer is. Again, this is common sense.
    You keep telling me what I think too. You do have a habit of doing that.

  5. #10355
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You keep telling me what I think too. You do have a habit of doing that.
    I do. To be fair, I’m not wrong. It’s why everyone else tells you that you think that too.

  6. #10356
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,246
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I do. To be fair, I’m not wrong. It’s why everyone else tells you that you think that too.
    Not everyone, mostly you.

    I admit to "both sides" because I think both parties are ****. But you declare my position on things that I have not expressed and your certainty cannot be swayed.

    I accept it is the way you argue, no point trying to change people online.

  7. #10357
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not everyone, mostly you.

    I admit to "both sides" because I think both parties are ****. But you declare my position on things that I have not expressed and your certainty cannot be swayed.

    I accept it is the way you argue, no point trying to change people online.
    Even you admit I’m right that you do that all the time

    I also accept that’s the way you debate and there’s no point trying to change you. You’re going to post a conservative defense under the guise of both sides while denying you’re defending the conservative position. To quote Geico: it’s what you do.

  8. #10358
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,246
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Even you admit I’m right that you do that all the time

    I also accept that’s the way you debate and there’s no point trying to change you. You’re going to post a conservative defense under the guise of both sides while denying you’re defending the conservative position. To quote Geico: it’s what you do.
    I admit I do think both parties suck. I think we need a party to the left of core of the Dem party. That is not the only thing you profess to "know" about me. You decided that me thinking the government should write and enforce laws makes me think Amazon and Walmart do nothing wrong.

  9. #10359
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,383

  10. #10360
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I admit I do think both parties suck. I think we need a party to the left of core of the Dem party. That is not the only thing you profess to "know" about me. You decided that me thinking the government should write and enforce laws makes me think Amazon and Walmart do nothing wrong.
    It's not that you think both parties suck, it's that you only ever criticize the Democrats whenever someone is criticizing Republicans (or the conservative viewpoint). And while that is both sides, when was the last time someone was criticizing the Democrats (or leftist viewpoint) and you interjected with something negative about Republicans (or the conservative viewpoint)? It doesn't happen.

    And you bringing up the Amazon and Wal-Mart conversation was a perfect example. I was criticizing Wal-Mart and Amazon's business practices and you interjected to defend them and point out how many jobs they created since the pandemic as if they were net job creators.

    Even your examples of not doing the behavior I'm alleging are examples of you doing the exact behavior I'm alleging.

  11. #10361
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,995

    COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

    Last edited by Crovash; 04-09-2021 at 01:49 PM.

  12. #10362
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,713
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I do. To be fair, I’m not wrong. It’s why everyone else tells you that you think that too.
    Because you may be right in some of your assumptions about what people think doesn't mean it's a logical, correct, or pertinent way to go about things on a regular basis.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #10363
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,961
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Because you may be right in some of your assumptions about what people think doesn't mean it's a logical, correct, or pertinent way to go about things on a regular basis.
    Neither is evasive answers to questions. I’ll agree to stop assuming people’s beliefs if people start answering direct questions. That sounds fair to me.

  14. #10364
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,038
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Why is no one speaking about folks dying at twice the rate under President Biden with mass vaccine distribution than President Trump?
    Because people understand that once the cat is let out of the bag, there's no putting it back in. Virus rates skyrocketed in the fall and the progression of the virus through the flu season has led to a ton of cases. Maybe if that president you loved so much didn't downplay the virus, we would have seen less cases because people would have been taking it more seriously.

    This isn't about who is president despite your yearnings for Trump to come back. The only way to stop the virus now is to continually get people vaccinated. Couple that with the seasons changing and the virus not having the virility and we've already seen deaths trending downward.

    Its been a year but you still don't know how any of this works. Kind of amazing.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-09-2021 at 03:09 PM.

  15. #10365
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Why is no one speaking about folks dying at twice the rate under President Biden with mass vaccine distribution than President Trump?
    Probably because thats not true.

    Why arent people talking about trump doing cocaine lines off a stripper's *** in the White House? Probably same reason..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •