Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 690 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692700740790 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 15730
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    But it's a lot less fun.
    But, in this case I think everyone should wear masks. A nation-wide, or state-wide mask mandate (without legislative approval) would likely be overturned by the courts. Mandates should be local, not nation-wide or state-wide.
    They should be nation wide. America is too interconnected, there's like a dozen flights from la to ny every day. That's every corner of america reaching every other corner of america on a daily basis.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    They should be nation wide. America is too interconnected, there's like a dozen flights from la to ny every day. That's every corner of america reaching every other corner of america on a daily basis.

Airlines require masks on flights -- see the 2-year old that got her family kicked off a flight because she wanted a snack. A nation-wide mandate would likely be overturned by the supreme court, as the court would likely rule that it is a state issue, not a federal issue. Some state courts would likely say that it was a local issue, not a state one.
    I do agree that people should wear masks, but the feds cannot force people to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Airlines require masks on flights -- see the 2-year old that got her family kicked off a flight because she wanted a snack. A nation-wide mandate would likely be overturned by the supreme court, as the court would likely rule that it is a state issue, not a federal issue. Some state courts would likely say that it was a local issue, not a state one.
    I do agree that people should wear masks, but the feds cannot force people to do so.
    If someone is infected and flies with a mask on, they still pose the same exact risk to the community to which they are traveling.

I dont know what legal or illegal, nor am I arguing it, I'm just saying according to science there should be a national mask mandate, period. There is no debate about it in the world of science. Masks reduce spread significantly. There is no debate.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Why is no one speaking about folks dying at twice the rate under President Biden with mass vaccine distribution than President Trump?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Bro, I full on work out with a mask on. That's not a reason to not wear one, lol.

we're not all as young or uneffected by wearing a mask......I do, when logical....but I have apnea and borderline COPD, so it's not like wearing a mask is no detriment to my breathing
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: I am forced to state what I think your beliefs are because you don’t answer when I ask why they are. If you did, I’d have no need to guess.
    Have you ever wondered why this happens so often for you?
    It's not that people don't answer you, it's that you're so often dissatisfied with the answer you get so you just repeat the same question. Disliking the answer to your question is not the same as not answering it.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Why is no one speaking about folks dying at twice the rate under President Biden with mass vaccine distribution than President Trump?
    What are you talking about? Not that it's about Biden doing anything at all, but deaths by Covid have been falling off a cliff since January.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    we're not all as young or uneffected by wearing a mask......I do, when logical....but I have apnea and borderline COPD, so it's not like wearing a mask is no detriment to my breathing
    Careful, you are talking to someone who thinks wearing a mask would have saved 95% of the people who died by Covid. Logic and reason are not in play.

Same way health experts predicted spikes. It's called science. It's based on observations and facts, such as vaccine production rate, secured orders, and distribution plan.

Wtf special?

so basically Trump's prediction of vaccines by April was right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Careful, you are talking to someone who thinks wearing a mask would have saved 95% of the people who died by Covid. Logic and reason are not in play.
    I don't have to be careful anymore, I'm fully vaxed
    (he says just waiting for the responses)

What are you talking about? Not that it's about Biden doing anything at all, but deaths by Covid have been falling off a cliff since January.
    It's really best not to ask what he's thinking.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Have you ever wondered why this happens so often for you?
    It's not that people don't answer you, it's that you're so often dissatisfied with the answer you get so you just repeat the same question. Disliking the answer to your question is not the same as not answering it.
    I am dissatisfied because people dance around actually answering the question and do not give a direct answer.

For example answering the question “do you believe masks should be mandated?” With “I wear masks” is an answer but did not answer the question.

The real reason is I ask questions for which everyone already knows the answer but the person I am asking doesn’t want to state their belief outright, hence them dancing around directly answering the question.

As another example, Fingerbang was defending Trump’s doctor about not claiming Trump received oxygen when he contracted Covid despite him and everyone else knowing Trump received oxygen. So I asked directly if Fingerbang believed Trump had received oxygen and he responded with “his doctor did not say he received oxygen”, which is again an answer but not to the question asked.

People advocating for a viewpoint while creating plausible deniability that they believe it happens way too often, and an effective way to keep people from tap dancing around what they think is to ask them outright. The reason I am not given straight answers is because people want to continue arguing a point without fear of disagreement by acknowledging that is their belief.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I am dissatisfied because people dance around actually answering the question and do not give a direct answer.

For example answering the question “do you believe masks should be mandated?” With “I wear masks” is an answer but did not answer the question.

The real reason is I ask questions for which everyone already knows the answer but the person I am asking doesn’t want to state their belief outright, hence them dancing around directly answering the question.

As another example, Fingerbang was defending Trump’s doctor about not claiming Trump received oxygen when he contracted Covid despite him and everyone else knowing Trump received oxygen. So I asked directly if Fingerbang believed Trump had received oxygen and he responded with “his doctor did not say he received oxygen”, which is again an answer but not to the question asked.

People advocating for a viewpoint while creating plausible deniability that they believe it happens way too often, and an effective way to keep people from tap dancing around what they think is to ask them outright. The reason I am not given straight answers is because people want to continue arguing a point without fear of disagreement by acknowledging that is their belief.
    lol, so you admit that some of your questions are, in lawyer speak, leading questions....you haven't in the past

So you KNOW Trump received oxygen? I neither knew nor cared. I assumed but I didn't know. Therefore, given the doctor WOULD know and chose not to say it, that was still a proper answer to your question, you just didn't like it.

You just seem to have a penchant for taking some responses to unfounded logical conclusions while also tending to keep asking the same question over and over until you get the answer YOU want.

We're all just average guys here. WTH difference does it make if someone fully answers your question to your satisfaction, it doesn't actually MEAN anything. We're not solving the world's problems on this forum, we're just a small group of guys discussing them.

Since Jan 20 we are averaging 2000 deaths per day, prior it was 1000.

400K on Jan 20th, 560K today in 80 days of office.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

lol, so you admit that some of your questions are, in lawyer speak, leading questions....you haven't in the past

So you KNOW Trump received oxygen? I neither knew nor cared. I assumed but I didn't know. Therefore, given the doctor WOULD know and chose not to say it, that was still a proper answer to your question, you just didn't like it.

You just seem to have a penchant for taking some responses to unfounded logical conclusions while also tending to keep asking the same question over and over until you get the answer YOU want.

We're all just average guys here. WTH difference does it make if someone fully answers your question to your satisfaction, it doesn't actually MEAN anything. We're not solving the world's problems on this forum, we're just a small group of guys discussing them.
    No it wasn’t a proper answer to my question. Fingerbang fully believed Trump had received oxygen but refused to say so because he was defending Trump and at the time that meant claiming we can’t say Trump used oxygen because his doctor did not say so.

The very next day the Doctor came out and said Trump had used oxygen thus stating what we all knew and proving Fingerbang wrong. What makes that instance stick out especially in my mind is the Doctor did the exact thing I am telling you happens on here: he was asked a direct question and gave a response that was not an answer to the question to tap dance around the point.

And that’s what makes it so funny, is people who do this thing think they are being clever or smart by giving an evasive or non direct answer, when in reality it is the most obvious and transparent thing in the world. Here is a clip of the exchange with the doctor:

https://youtu.be/93u2ohsqa5k

“Has Trump ever been on supplemental oxygen”

“Right now he is not on supplemental oxygen”

When someone answers a direct question in such an indirect way it is the most obvious thing on earth that A. The answer to the question is yes and B. He desperately doesn’t want to admit the answer is yes for whatever reason. I want people to know how ridiculous and transparent non-answers look, and that they aren’t fooling anyone.