Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 683 of 1052 FirstFirst ... 183583633673681682683684685693733783 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,245 of 15778
  1. #10231
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,235
    Talk about corona virus being political: https://youtu.be/zQDAoa748Jg

  2. #10232
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    18,089
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    And why the **** would you choose to avoid DFW as someone that is a native Houstonian?
    Houstonians and Dallasites are not fans of eachother.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Outdoors and in cars masks are less than half for sure. Small towns gets you more variety sure, but rural areas generally have fewer cases too.
    I'm obviously not talking about inside other cars. You're being purposely obtuse
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  3. #10233
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,235
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Houstonians and Dallasites are not fans of eachother.



    I'm obviously not talking about inside other cars. You're being purposely obtuse
    Just trying to be clear ... when I drive through small towns I see a lot of unmasked faces but they are outdoors and in cars.

  4. #10234
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,713
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Defying your governor?
    I truly think some of this is dependent on who is looking sometimes.
    I've run into people who'd been in the same store or location I'd been at the same time I had, yet later had sometimes drastically different views of how many people were masked up. There are people who want to be annoyed at how many people aren't wearing one, so they see more people not masked. And there are people who want to be annoyed at how many are wearing one, so that's what they see. The human animal is strange that way.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  5. #10235
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    18,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Just trying to be clear ... when I drive through small towns I see a lot of unmasked faces but they are outdoors and in cars.
    Then Iím not sure what your point is because that isnt what Iím talking about
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  6. #10236
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,235
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Then Iím not sure what your point is because that isnt what Iím talking about
    Okay. Just talking about what I've seen in the parts of Texas I've been in (mostly central Texas). In my experience indoors the vast majority have had masks on. I did see a live event in Florida where the stands were 100% full and there were almost no masks in evidence. It's just that's not been my experience in person.

    I don't really get why Texas got so much stick for ending the statewide mask mandate when they were the 17th state to do so, and 4 more have done it since then with almost no national reference to them. Supposedly Alabama and Utah are going to rescind their mask mandates in the next week or so. At that point we will only be 2 states from half the states not having a mask mandate.

  7. #10237
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,235
    Based on current data I could find dates of state mask mandates ending:

    Alabama - 4/9
    Colorado - 5/3
    Kentucky - 4/30
    Louisiana - 4/28
    New Hampshire - 4/15
    North Carolina - 4/30
    Utah - 4/10

  8. #10238
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Okay. Just talking about what I've seen in the parts of Texas I've been in (mostly central Texas). In my experience indoors the vast majority have had masks on. I did see a live event in Florida where the stands were 100% full and there were almost no masks in evidence. It's just that's not been my experience in person.

    I don't really get why Texas got so much stick for ending the statewide mask mandate when they were the 17th state to do so, and 4 more have done it since then with almost no national reference to them. Supposedly Alabama and Utah are going to rescind their mask mandates in the next week or so. At that point we will only be 2 states from half the states not having a mask mandate.
    Because Texas is trying to be flipped blue.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  9. #10239
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I truly think some of this is dependent on who is looking sometimes.
    I've run into people who'd been in the same store or location I'd been at the same time I had, yet later had sometimes drastically different views of how many people were masked up. There are people who want to be annoyed at how many people aren't wearing one, so they see more people not masked. And there are people who want to be annoyed at how many are wearing one, so that's what they see. The human animal is strange that way.
    This

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #10240
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Okay. Just talking about what I've seen in the parts of Texas I've been in (mostly central Texas). In my experience indoors the vast majority have had masks on. I did see a live event in Florida where the stands were 100% full and there were almost no masks in evidence. It's just that's not been my experience in person.

    I don't really get why Texas got so much stick for ending the statewide mask mandate when they were the 17th state to do so, and 4 more have done it since then with almost no national reference to them. Supposedly Alabama and Utah are going to rescind their mask mandates in the next week or so. At that point we will only be 2 states from half the states not having a mask mandate.
    Texas gets so much crap because they are probably 100 times larger (obvious exaggeration for the literalista) than all those other states combined.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  11. #10241
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Okay. Just talking about what I've seen in the parts of Texas I've been in (mostly central Texas). In my experience indoors the vast majority have had masks on. I did see a live event in Florida where the stands were 100% full and there were almost no masks in evidence. It's just that's not been my experience in person.

    I don't really get why Texas got so much stick for ending the statewide mask mandate when they were the 17th state to do so, and 4 more have done it since then with almost no national reference to them. Supposedly Alabama and Utah are going to rescind their mask mandates in the next week or so. At that point we will only be 2 states from half the states not having a mask mandate.
    My brother just flew down to Houston from Oregon to help my uncle move, and he said there were a lot more people not wearing masks in Houston than in Portland. Also, while none of my friends or family in Oregon/Washington have contracted covid, pretty much my entire family in Houston did.

    In fact, a study just came out that shows Washington's economy was least affected by covid, and Oregon's was 3rd least affected:

    https://wallethub.com/edu/state-econ...onavirus/72631

    Couple that with the fact Oregon and Washington have the 4th and 5th least amount of covid cases per 1M, as well as the 5th and 7th least amount of deaths from covid per 1M, and we see that however most other states handled covid, Oregon and Washington did an outstanding job.

  12. #10242
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Here in WI no one wears masks anyways. You can walk right into any store and maybe 5% would be wearing them outside of employees


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ....but I thought your freedoms were being so mercilessly trampled on?!?

  13. #10243
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,235
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    My brother just flew down to Houston from Oregon to help my uncle move, and he said there were a lot more people not wearing masks in Houston than in Portland. Also, while none of my friends or family in Oregon/Washington have contracted covid, pretty much my entire family in Houston did.

    In fact, a study just came out that shows Washington's economy was least affected by covid, and Oregon's was 3rd least affected:

    https://wallethub.com/edu/state-econ...onavirus/72631

    Couple that with the fact Oregon and Washington have the 4th and 5th least amount of covid cases per 1M, as well as the 5th and 7th least amount of deaths from covid per 1M, and we see that however most other states handled covid, Oregon and Washington did an outstanding job.
    That chart also implies that Washington and Oregon had less susceptible economies based on the businesses there too though. There is probably also something to the general strength and depth of their economies going into the pandemic.

    That said, no question Washington and Oregon have strong social support systems. Don't know that that has anything in particular to do with corona response though.

  14. #10244
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    That chart also implies that Washington and Oregon had less susceptible economies based on the businesses there too though. There is probably also something to the general strength and depth of their economies going into the pandemic.

    That said, no question Washington and Oregon have strong social support systems. Don't know that that has anything in particular to do with corona response though.
    I donít think we can chalk up their superior Covid numbers to merely a strong social support system. They did a good job handling the pandemic.

  15. #10245
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,374
    Hmm...

    https://twitter.com/davidmdrucker/status/1379532194935414785?s=21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •