Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 677 of 942 FirstFirst ... 177577627667675676677678679687727777 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,155 of 14125
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I would very much like to have a national mask mandate. But I don't know that there is a more wide ranging way to do it with federal authority.

I believe that OSHA can achieve more than just workers wearing masks. People who enter the business would also be required to do so in order to comply with safety requirements. Sort of like how everyone who walks into an area requiring hard hats is, not just people who work on the floor.
    Supposedly he could do it with section 361 of the PHSA if he wanted. Meanwhile Section 4 of the OSHA act of 1970 says it has no authority over customers, it leaves that to local government.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I didn't at all pretend that, spliffy.
    I'm well aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Doesn't really have any bearing on the idea behind the question.
    actually, yes it does. If Biden decides to mandate masks nationally, states would file suit against it and probably prevail.

Supposedly he could do it with section 361 of the PHSA if he wanted. Meanwhile Section 4 of the OSHA act of 1970 says it has no authority over customers, it leaves that to local government.
    Truth be told, I'm not entirely familiar with it (I know this is likely true of all of us for the OSHA law).
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    actually, yes it does. If Biden decides to mandate masks nationally, states would file suit against it and probably prevail.
    The idea behind the question wasn't what would happen if Biden did it but what did dbroncos78087 want.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Truth be told, I'm not entirely familiar with it (I know this is likely true of all of us for the OSHA law).
    Unfortunately I had to read far far too much of the OSHA books as well as about 20k other pages of federal regs for a past job. That's good stuff to put you to sleep with a headache.

The thing is we want localized control most of the time. If it's common sense to maintain the rule at the higher levels why hasn't Biden done a national mask mandate? The reality is that rural communities with no cases and little mixing with outsider people don't need the mask mandate.
    The mask mandate would still help. No reason not to have it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    The mask mandate would still help. No reason not to have it.
    I think there are a lot of people in the country who disagree with you.

Do you think a county that has had no cases in 6 months should still have mask mandates?
    Last edited by Scoots; 03-27-2021 at 06:00 PM.

I think there are a lot of people in the country who disagree with you.

Do you think a county that has had no cases in 6 months should still have mask mandates?
    Who would disagree with him? On what basis?
    Last edited by Scoots; 03-27-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Who would disagree with him? On what basis?

Depending on the covid numbers across the state and country. As of right now, yes I do.

If it were my call, I would just enact a national mandate. Done. Easy. Enforce on population through fines, enforce on counties through withholding of funds.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Depending on the covid numbers across the state and country. As of right now, yes I do.

If it were my call, I would just enact a national mandate. Done. Easy. Enforce on population through fines, enforce on counties through withholding of funds.
    I can easily justify a county with no cases for 6 months not needing mask mandates ... how do you justify them still mandating masks (keeping in mind that they can still use them and can still require them in individual towns/cities/places of business)?

Also keep in mind that I don't think there are ANY experts saying mask mandates should go 6 months past the last case in an area.

Of course you are also so delusional you think a national mask mandate a year ago would have saved 95% of the people covid killed.

I can easily justify a county with no cases for 6 months not needing mask mandates ... how do you justify them still mandating masks (keeping in mind that they can still use them and can still require them in individual towns/cities/places of business)?

Also keep in mind that I don't think there are ANY experts saying mask mandates should go 6 months past the last case in an area.

Of course you are also so delusional you think a national mask mandate a year ago would have saved 95% of the people covid killed.
    A national mask mandate a year ago would have saved almost that amount compared to if NO ONE wore a mask. Our current numbers are somewhere in between that, closer to the no one wearing a mask side than it should be.

Wearing masks in and of itself will reduce numbers tremendously, possibly up to 90%, regardless of what other protocol is in place. For this reason, coupled with the fact of how small the negative aspects are, it makes no sense to not wear a mask.

Counties effect the counties around it, right now the more everyone is on the same page the better.

Although my feeling is Texas made the right call and we already hit that herd immunity threshhold, meaning this is all almost moot at this point on..

A national mask mandate a year ago would have saved almost that amount compared to if NO ONE wore a mask. Our current numbers are somewhere in between that, closer to the no one wearing a mask side than it should be.
    No, you said it would have saved 95% of the people who died.

No, you said it would have saved 95% of the people who died.
    I dont think I said that, if I did I misspoke, that's definitely not the case as obviously over half the people have been wearing masks already even without a national mask mandate.