Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 671 of 1285 FirstFirst ... 1715716216616696706716726736817217711171 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,065 of 19264
    Excess deaths in Russia suggest COVID-19 death total is closer to 450,000 than the official number of 94,000

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56454701

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Excess deaths in Russia suggest COVID-19 death total is closer to 450,000 than the official number of 94,000

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56454701
    You mean countries lie about official COVID deaths? OMG. Next you're going to tell me China is too. Never!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-ma...211803282.html

Not surprising at all. Goes well with all the college kids and 20 somethings partying in Florida for spring break right now.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You mean countries lie about official COVID deaths? OMG. Next you're going to tell me China is too. Never!!
    China would never do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    China would never do something like that.
    Ironically I never really thought that China was lying about their COVID numbers. But that's only because I fully believe that once they discovered how the disease was spread that they would have the police out killing people who tested positive, thus preventing mass spread of the disease. That's definitely a Chinese government thing to do.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Ironically I never really thought that China was lying about their COVID numbers. But that's only because I fully believe that once they discovered how the disease was spread that they would have the police out killing people who tested positive, thus preventing mass spread of the disease. That's definitely a Chinese government thing to do.
    Covid deaths were very low. "lead poisoning" deaths skyrocketed.

I see you been getting that good, good news from CGTN.

what year do you think this is?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The thing is experts have looked at it from the outside and it's essentially a fact that they have lied a lot about the numbers, unfortunately there is no way to find out what the "real" numbers are.

I dont really see where in that article that russia is necessarily lying, sounds more like they're just not really on top of their covid testing..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The thing is experts have looked at it from the outside and it's essentially a fact that they have lied a lot about the numbers, unfortunately there is no way to find out what the "real" numbers are.
    What are they basing it on? You have any good links?

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dont really see where in that article that russia is necessarily lying, sounds more like they're just not really on top of their covid testing..

But there is very little talk in Russia of the death toll from Covid. The full data revealed by excess mortality is not secret, but it's never highlighted, and the preliminary tally published each day by the government significantly underplays the impact.
    Sounds like they are omitting important details in an attempt not to be honest about the true impact of the virus there. Its kind of hard to explain away 350,000 excess deaths in Russia when a global pandemic is around and suggest it isn't COVID related.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dont really see where in that article that russia is necessarily lying, sounds more like they're just not really on top of their covid testing...
    If you know many people have a disease, but do not test them so that you donít have confirmed cases in order to keep your numbers low, that may not be the strict definition of lying, but itís incredibly dishonest.

Sounds like they are omitting important details in an attempt not to be honest about the true impact of the virus there. Its kind of hard to explain away 350,000 excess deaths in Russia when a global pandemic is around and suggest it isn't COVID related.
    I understand, but if they set a particular standard (for example if a country only counts a covid death as someone who tests positive) and abide by that standard then thats what it is. If people want to define the covid death by excess deaths then they can do that as well. You cant necessarily say one is right and one is wrong, each one has its strength and short comings.

The most accurate counts would most likely come from a combination of diff methods.

It's kinda like the cuomo saga. If the state of New York defined nursing home deaths as people who died IN the nursing home, then that's their definition and that's what the stats are compiled according to. If people want to know the full total including patients transferred to hospitals, then they can track that info down and tally it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If you know many people have a disease, but do not test them so that you donít have confirmed cases in order to keep your numbers low, that may not be the strict definition of lying, but itís incredibly dishonest.
    Sure, I cant really speak on that but if they are purposely stopping doctors from reporting, testing, or confirming cases then yes that's an issue.

They might have a very trump like approach where they just dont care to put the proper effort into tracking and combating this thing, and it could just be due to that. The article certainly made it seem like russia chose economy over health.

I'm not saying that makes it right, but that's diff from knowingly lying (the 2nd paragraph, not first)