Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 666 of 818 FirstFirst ... 166566616656664665666667668676716766 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 9,990 of 12261
    Derp....the benefit is to save lives. No, we shouldn't have stayed in the strictest level of lockdown the whole time.

I don't know why I'm continuing to bother with the joker who thinks figuring out when to tighten or loosen SIP restrictions is arbitrary.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    A lockdown has a certain effect. That effect was fully felt roughly 3 weeks after locking down. At that point you might as well take your next step.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I just love it when you spit crap like this and think you sound oh so smart. You seem to be mistaking how long it takes for these changes to show up in the data with how long it takes for the "effect to be fully felt". It's not just "shelter in place for 3 weeks and no matter what, things will magically be restored back to as normal as can be possible".

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I just love it when you spit crap like this and think you sound oh so smart. You seem to be mistaking how long it takes for these changes to show up in the data with how long it takes for the "effect to be fully felt". It's not just "shelter in place for 3 weeks and no matter what, things will magically be restored back to as normal as can be possible".
    Define fully felt.

The covid numbers were rising even during the shelter in place, so what was the benefit of remaining in this phase?

The entire point of the lockdown was to prevent outbreaks, not to lower overall numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Derp....the benefit is to save lives. No, we shouldn't have stayed in the strictest level of lockdown the whole time.

I don't know why I'm continuing to bother with the joker who thinks figuring out when to tighten or loosen SIP restrictions is arbitrary.
    Arbitrary meaning at the end of the day it is going to be an opinion which dictates what threshhold of cases and deaths we find "acceptable".

Some opinions can be backed up, some cant. I can back mine up, I wonder if you can as well.

Some form of lockdown should have stayed into effect until a reasonable treatment and vaccination regiment could be established.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Some form of lockdown should have stayed into effect until a reasonable treatment and vaccination regiment could be established.
    Some form, yes 100% correct, but not shelter in place. That was only necessary because we were sleep walking through the first 2 months, so we had to kill the spread which was on the verge of hitting outbreak territory in many cities.

Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Those lockdowns saved a very high number of lives. Basically a shelter in place type order to get the spread under control, and then could open back up with protocol with proper funding and enforcement in place.

This approach is significantly undermined when significant portions of the population have a virus hoax mentality. In addition, even people who dont think this, many people just don't know basic safety tips regarding covid. There was really minimal to almost no effort to educate people on this. I think say no to drugs and smokey the bear even get more airtime than any sort of covid info.

Posted March 16, 2020.

And, unfortunately, it turned out to be a lot longer (see above)

Add to it, guess what? Thatís how medical knowledge evolves when dealing with a relative unknown.

I don't suppose it's worth pointing out that throughout the entire pandemic we've had people flouting medical advice and spreading the disease. People refusing to wear masks, follow social distancing guidance, or heed government regulation about the percentage of a business that is allowed to operate.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I don't suppose it's worth pointing out that throughout the entire pandemic we've had people flouting medical advice and spreading the disease. People refusing to wear masks, follow social distancing guidance, or heed government regulation about the percentage of a business that is allowed to operate.
    And, to be fair, people who followed all of the rules, got it and spread it anyhow.

Florida, Texas, and Cali all have similar covid numbers. The "evidence" they have when they say they saved all these lives with the lockdown is purely based on assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    And, to be fair, people who followed all of the rules, got it and spread it anyhow.
    Yes, albeit at a much lower rate, but you are right and that is why its such an issue when people move about carelessly. It has major effects on others.

Florida, Texas, and Cali all have similar covid numbers. The "evidence" they have when they say they saved all these lives with the lockdown is purely based on assumption.
    You are incorrect. Here is a graph of new york.

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+...obile&ie=UTF-8

You can see CLEAR correlation between locking down and completely changing the trajectory of the growth rate in april. There is no denying that it had a MAJOR EFFECT on the spread, you can see the numbers right in front of your face.

You can then again see the spikes during thanksgiving and Christmas due to gatherings across the country.

Look at California's graph, you can see again a bump in numbers during July following the reopen, and then numbers dip back down following the re lockdown.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cali...e-gws-wiz-serp

There's no denying it, everything is right there for you to see. Lockdowns have a major effect. There is nothing to gain by lying to yourself.

Yet you claim when to tighten or loosen restrictions is completely arbitrary.