Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768761161665661066 ... LastLast

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Numbers donít lie. Cases continue to go down in GA even after the reopening. FL hasnít seen a spike at all even though they reopened the beach.

Compare FL and NY numbers and you wonder why people are bashing the FL gov while praising Cuomo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am interested. Itís a pretty complex issue and an interesting one to consider. I donít your comparison of NY and FL for example tells people anything about those two leaders and how they have done other then you inherently want to credit one and discredit the other. Still As I told someone in another thread I donít think the majority of people are really very split on this. People for the most part want to reopen in stages and with some precautions. Most people are interested in how this goes despite the political talking heads looking make it another us verse them issues

Last edited by ewing; 05-09-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Arizona has begun antibodies testing and so far 3.5% of the population in AZ has tested positive for it. Similar to the ones done in CA/NYC etc

Would put the fatality rate at .2% which is similar to the flu

This would be great news, especially considering the initial 4% death rate we thought it had.

That was insane!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Numbers donít lie. Cases continue to go down in GA even after the reopening. FL hasnít seen a spike at all even though they reopened the beach.

Compare FL and NY numbers and you wonder why people are bashing the FL gov while praising Cuomo

Well if they lifted the lockdown 15 days ago then this coming week and the week after at going to show what the effects are.

So far seems to be about a 2 to 3 week lag time for behavior to show up in the stats.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 05-09-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    These freedom fighters are selfish. This shouldnít surprise anyone

Ya it is just sad that being selfish like this etc. gets you publicity/$ like with Cruz and our politicians. The Texas governor got involved to help her out. Trump with his liberate tweet.

I am more concerned with how our politicians constantly cater to these types of people.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/money/b...c-35338293a4aa

Like here is an article of an African American woman in Texas who had the Texas Department of Liscensing and Regulations shame her on facebook for an ad that was prepaid.

One gets the treatment of a celebrity for being part of a political cause with politicians aiding etc. and the other is trashed by the state online.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-09-2020 at 02:54 PM.

This seems like a stupid and unsafe idea

https://twitter.com/postopinions/sta...009245184?s=21

Could you imagine wearing a mask when itís 95 degrees and youíre biking?

Bikers should be wearing masks more than anyone. Theyíre huffing and puffing and letting the sweat fly, increasing risk for infection.

If you canít breathe with a mask on and bike at the same time, just donít bike.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Arizona has begun antibodies testing and so far 3.5% of the population in AZ has tested positive for it. Similar to the ones done in CA/NYC etc

Would put the fatality rate at .2% which is similar to the flu
    If it's no more deadly than the flu how come it has killed more people than the flu?

I don't know if I missed iot or not (probably did) but has anything been said as to why the virus was so prevalent in NYC?

It appears you spoke too soon:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...cid=spartanntp

2,500 new cases in Florida since they opened Monday. They have 40,000 cases total. So 6% of their cases have happened in the past 5 days since they re-opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I don't know if I missed iot or not (probably did) but has anything been said as to why the virus was so prevalent in NYC?
    From what I've read it's a combination of lots of travel to and from New York (especially from areas that were epicenters of the virus), New York City's giant population and density, and New York City's Mayor being a complete idiot on the subject and failing to take preventative measures in time.

I suspected travel to and from had something to do with it.

The mayor is an idiot in everything he does.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/da...rest-gofundme/

Someone shared a story about a hairdresser fighting back/arguing with a judge in another forum. Turns out it was a thought out political/PR stunt moreso than just someone trying to go out and provide for their family. Pretty crazy how many people just focused on making a buck (and how our politicians jump on board if it fits their narrative).
    Lmao

Woke patriots?

In Seoul bars were closed again because a recent spike in cases. Today everything might seem great in a week it may be bad again.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    From what I've read it's a combination of lots of travel to and from New York (especially from areas that were epicenters of the virus), New York City's giant population and density, and New York City's Mayor being a complete idiot on the subject and failing to take preventative measures in time.
    Sounds about right to me.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

There have been just shy of 3,000 (2,932) confirmed covid-19 related deaths in Connecticut thus far in 2020.

Here was the last official tally for the flu mortality in Connecticut (2018-2019).

ďGeographically widespread flu activity was observed within Connecticut from December 2018 through April 2019. With 88 flu-associated deaths and 3,506 flu-associated hospitalizations, the severity of the 2018-2019 influenza season was second only to the 2017-18 season, which with 184 deaths and 3895 hospitalizations was the most severe influenza season in Connecticut since these measures were first made reportable during October 2009. In addition, the 2018-2019 season was notable for having three distinct activity waves and little influenza B activity. The high percentage of influenza A (H3N2) viruses in circulation during the second half of the season, including a newly emerging ďcladeĒ (strain), likely contributed to this season's high levels of flu activity, as these viruses are generally associated with more severe illness.Ē

https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DPH/EE...2019.pdf?la=en

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If it's no more deadly than the flu how come it has killed more people than the flu?
    Vaccines and antibodies.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!