Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 648 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 1485485986386466476486496506586987481148 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 17298
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I agree, there is no moral or health distinction between political events. The virus doesn't give a ****.
    The distinction is that one could have easily been canceled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

That's not how pandemics work, you're not just accepting the risk for yourself, like bungee jumping, your potentially putting other people at risk WHO DIDN'T agree to take that risk.
    Kind like Drinking and Driving.
    Understood.

Now let's look at this thing from the ground up. To get 100% stop of spread we would need to lock down every person in the country.

This is not feasible as people need food, electricity, water, etc, so as a community we decide that some things we will be open for, although it will lead to spread we deem it as necessary enough to deal with the consequences.

Racial equality and trump self jerk off parade are simply not in the same category in regards to what things the community is willing to deal with spread over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I wonder how many are involved when they say 'people'
    ....but then, it only takes one
    Can you let me know what the number of people who should be threatening to contact immigration services is? What is the acceptable number of racists and racism that Hispanic people should have to endure?

They weren't the one's who politicized it, it was the media, who down played the pandemic and said it wasn't as bad as the flu, and that we shouldn't wear masks because Faucci said so, to doing a full 180* and calling anyone who went outside a grandma killer, and if you didn't wear your mask 100% properly your a COV-IDIOT. And then doing ANOTHER 180* when it came to defending and PROMOTING mass gatherings that they agreed with.

If they had shown any consistency AT ALL this wouldn't have been a thing.
    Also, THEY promoted the idea that it's a cultural divide despite the fact that Rep's and Dem's have pretty similar oppinions on covid and mass gatherings.
    What caused that 180 turn around?

Yes, from january to March the whole country failed in covid response, but after seeing what a failure it was does it not make sense to now alter the approach? Why continue to push with the approach we KNOW is a failure ?

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Oh boy. Are we ready for this debate?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/u...ree-media.html
    I don't deny this at all, it definitely helped him in 2016, that's why the media went so hard to cover for and promote Biden, because it would help him.

Who needs to pay for ad's when "the news" will just advertise for you for free.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I agree it was a hypocritical to chastise one and not the other.
    Thank you, I'm on the opposite end on this, I was fine with both (not the rioting which was separate from the legitimate protests) but the hypocrisy around them was gualing.

They weren't the one's who politicized it, it was the media, who down played the pandemic and said it wasn't as bad as the flu, and that we shouldn't wear masks because Faucci said so, to doing a full 180* and calling anyone who went outside a grandma killer, and if you didn't wear your mask 100% properly your a COV-IDIOT. And then doing ANOTHER 180* when it came to defending and PROMOTING mass gatherings that they agreed with.

If they had shown any consistency AT ALL this wouldn't have been a thing.
    Also, THEY promoted the idea that it's a cultural divide despite the fact that Rep's and Dem's have pretty similar oppinions on covid and mass gatherings.
    Trump politicized it too. Where do you think Fox News and other right wing news networks got their cues from?

The questioning of the science was a big part of the Trump rhetoric whether it was suggesting that COVID cases were artificially inflated, questioning the validity of mask/PPE, suggesting things should have remained open to full capacity, etc. You had a president who was openly defying medical advice while in the Woodward tapes admitting how potentially dangerous this virus was. This while he went on the campaign trail saying it was just the flu.

Trump had bi-polar moments daily on social media in regards to the virus. During his press conferences he would stick to the script then changing his tone 2 or 3 hours later.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-07-2021 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, are you suggesting the trump rallies were higher up on the priority scale?

I don't think either is high on the priority scale.

My opinion then as it is now, is that I supported people going out and protesting, even protesting while armed (be them trump supporters or BLM activists who were armed) neither was necessary, but that's not the point. Also, the hypocracy around the condemnations was abhorant.

What caused that 180 turn around?

Yes, from january to March the whole country failed in covid response, but after seeing what a failure it was does it not make sense to now alter the approach? Why continue to push with the approach we KNOW is a failure ?

Then you need to acknowledge the failure that you pushed, not just turn around and call people grandma killers for not abiding by the advice you had been pushing for months...only to then DEFEND one group for actions that you're demonizing another group for engaging in.

I don't think either is high on the priority scale.

My opinion then as it is now, is that I supported people going out and protesting, even protesting while armed (be them trump supporters or BLM activists who were armed) neither was necessary, but that's not the point. Also, the hypocracy around the condemnations was abhorant.
    If people were claiming one gathering causes spread and the other doesnt, then yes, abhorrent hypocrisy.

If people are saying one of these issues has legit footing while one is just a circle jerk, that's not hypocrisy, that's just describing the difference.

Then you need to acknowledge the failure that you pushed, not just turn around and call people grandma killers for not abiding by the advice you had been pushing for months...only to then DEFEND one group for actions that you're demonizing another group for engaging in.
    Well one continued to move along with those actions even tho we knew better. Of course that group will be ridiculed.

Understood.

Now let's look at this thing from the ground up. To get 100% stop of spread we would need to lock down every person in the country.

This is not feasible as people need food, electricity, water, etc, so as a community we decide that some things we will be open for, although it will lead to spread we deem it as necessary enough to deal with the consequences.

Racial equality and trump self jerk off parade are simply not in the same category in regards to what things the community is willing to deal with spread over.

Which community, who gets to decide what political events are worth risking MY life over. What if I don't want you to risk infecting people over this issue, and I'd rather you wait.
    What about people protesting so they can have their livelyhoods back, people who were closed down without any opportunity to make changes to become *safe enough* like we did for large companies. Is that a good enough reason?

I was fine with people protesting (not the riots, or that weird CHAZ **** in Seattle) but I didn't criticize them for doing it.
    While I didn't like the Trump rallies personally, I didn't criticize those for the same reason I didn't criticize BLM protests.

Well one continued to move along with those actions even tho we knew better. Of course that group will be ridiculed.

They both continued to move along despite knowing better, we watched for months as the media condemned anyone who was outdoors for any reason as a cov-idiot, everyone knew what was going on in the world when the BLM protests started, the protestors didn't give a **** (which is their right).

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Can you let me know what the number of people who should be threatening to contact immigration services is? What is the acceptable number of racists and racism that Hispanic people should have to endure?
    oh get your pious comments outta here, I questioned how many AND still said it only takes one.
    So I answered your loaded question before you ever asked it.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Which community, who gets to decide what political events are worth risking MY life over. What if I don't want you to risk infecting people over this issue, and I'd rather you wait.
    What about people protesting so they can have their livelyhoods back, people who were closed down without any opportunity to make changes to become *safe enough* like we did for large companies. Is that a good enough reason?

I was fine with people protesting (not the riots, or that weird CHAZ **** in Seattle) but I didn't criticize them for doing it.
    While I didn't like the Trump rallies personally, I didn't criticize those for the same reason I didn't criticize BLM protests.
    The fact that you see the two in such a similar light is an issue.