Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 645 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 1455455956356436446456466476556957451145 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 17261
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Who made you the moral arbiter over what should and shouldn't be allowed during a pandemic? You can decide for yourself what risks you want to take, but you don't get to make that decision for other people.
    This is pretty much the point dbroncos and I were making also. 100% agreed with this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be clear, I never blamed the whole of the left for the actions of the Karens and the Hypocrisy in the media, and I personally didn't have a problem with the protests (though I did criticize the riots that often happened alongside them)

While police brutality is a problem, if we're going to be utilitarians about this, only around 250 Black People are killed by Cops every year, (that includes armed and unarmed, and cases of clear self-defense) if we only look at unarmed African Americans, that number drops to like 20 a year.
    And this virus has hit Black communities significantly harder there were likely more black people who died due to the spread of Covid from these events than from police killings this year.

Does this mean that no one should protest...no...it doesn't. These people took the risks, understanding that a moment like this might not come along again.

The last part was a reference to the post I was quoting.
    I didnít say you did but you did attribute it to the left wing Karenís, I was noting the right wing Karenís did their part too is all.

I would agree when just looking at deaths for this year. The issue is what about all other forms of police brutality? What about the many locked up for many minor crimes? What about the many many years multiple decades worth of these people being killed/beaten/locked up due to over the top policing? Now this is where it starts to be an issue that many see as at least comparable.

I donít think anyone has denied the issue with covid or lack of social distancing and even have been calling it out. What a few seem to keep refusing (not you) is to acknowledge the difference in this issue and going to a rally to hear lies/conspiracies. Or they simply think the causes are equal which is yikes.

Who made you the moral arbiter over what should and shouldn't be allowed during a pandemic? You can decide for yourself what risks you want to take, but you don't get to make that decision for other people.
    Well the problem with that thought is people attending those gatherings then disperse to their homes, their places of work, etc where people who did NOT attend those gatherings are then exposed to whatever the people were exposed to AT the gatherings. Therefore those attending gatherings make some decisions FOR those that don't, without their knowledge.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Our government even when it isnít a pandemic makes tons of decisions over what we are allowed to do and what risks are too much. Thatís why tons of laws are in place, canít just drink till your hammered and drive legally for example.

Biden also received Billions in free airtime on Cable News networks pumping him and his ticket up.
    Not the discussion we're having....the discussion was how necessary rallies were vs protests given both created unnecessary risks. Nobody WANTED protests, they just understood the reasons people did. The same is not true with rallies.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Biden also received Billions in free airtime on Cable News networks pumping him and his ticket up.
    Oh boy. Are we ready for this debate?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/u...ree-media.html
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Well the problem with that thought is people attending those gatherings then disperse to their homes, their places of work, etc where people who did NOT attend those gatherings are then exposed to whatever the people were exposed to AT the gatherings. Therefore those attending gatherings make some decisions FOR those that don't, without their knowledge.
    And people who go to these protests are doing the same thing. Whatís the difference? There isnít any. Pick a lane and stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    And people who go to these protests are doing the same thing. Whatís the difference? There isnít any. Pick a lane and stick to it.
    I agree it was a hypocritical to chastise one and not the other.

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

No one. I have no power here. In my opinion neither event should of happened. They both created public risk. One of the two events could have easily been cancelled by President Trump

Last edited by ewing; 03-07-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

He said gatherings. They are both gatherings. Having gatherings created public risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Also, can the body positivity movement die now. It was stupid from day 1 but now it should be back to getting these people to understand how wreckless they have been
    I figured you would ave your yellow and gold super straight flag as an avatar by now.

Please do not tell me you think Trump didnít receive enough airtime.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Have you guys gotten an oxygen tank for your masks yet? Lol, the looks i get are golden
    I hook my penis pump up to my mask

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Guess I should have posted what I just did here instead. I am fully vaccinated, but have had 8 family members (cousins and kids) contract COVID and eventually recover. An uncle and my mother-in-law died from it.

I do have a point here. Pretty much all of them live in rural areas where the virus was initially considered a hoax and mask wearing a joke. Don't think masking up or taking other precautions have really caught on either. This, I believe, is a direct result of being in a deeply Republican state.

Just hope those who have had it don't turn out to be "Long Haulers." Having life long issues with you brain, heart and/or nervous system seems a pretty high price to pay for subscribing to a fantasy filled political agenda.
    Excellent post.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    There's a snowstorm out there, near 0 visibility and subzero windchills.
    2 vehicles head out into it for 2 different reasons, both contain the same amount of risk.
    One vehicle is carrying someone in need of medical care, the other is someone wanting a pack of cigarettes.
    Equal risk, ideally neither is driving in this weather, but one is noticeably more necessary.
    "Oh, so you ignore science and think driving in a snowstorm with 0 visibility is a good idea if it fits your worldview" is basically the response to be expected out of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.