Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 644 of 782 FirstFirst ... 144544594634642643644645646654694744 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 11721
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    What an awful comparison lmao

Medical care is life or death situation where that person could die if they donít get the care they need. Protesting police brutality which happens seldom didnít need to happen right during a pandemic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aww.. It really sounds like you're one of those people who only want protesters to make their voices heard in a way that makes you comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    A rally is not comparable to protesting brutality lmao

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Why does it matter? Why canít people protest and rally if they want? Why are you shutting down one but not the other? Personal freedom except for issues that arenít important?

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Why does it matter? Why canít people protest and rally if they want? Why are you shutting down one but not the other? Personal freedom except for issues that arenít important?

This has been explained a million times over.

At this point you are equating trump rallies where he spews lies and conspiracyís to racial justice and stopping police brutality. They are one in the same it seems in your mind. Thatís a pretty disgusting outlook to continually equate the two.

I dont think either should of happened but do you agree one was easier to prevent?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Gatherings generate risks that should be avoided when possible.
    You're suggesting those rallies were worth the risks, most don't believe that to be true.
    It's that simple.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    This has been explained a million times over.

At this point you are equating trump rallies where he spews lies and conspiracyís to racial justice and stopping police brutality. They are one in the same it seems in your mind. Thatís a pretty disgusting outlook to continually equate the two.

The fact that multiple pages of posts are needed to explain this is pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Gatherings generate risks that should be avoided when possible.
    You're suggesting those rallies were worth the risks, most don't believe that to be true.
    It's that simple.
    Why is it for you or any govt oficial to determine if it was worth the risk or not?

Guess I should have posted what I just did here instead. I am fully vaccinated, but have had 8 family members (cousins and kids) contract COVID and eventually recover. An uncle and my mother-in-law died from it.

I do have a point here. Pretty much all of them live in rural areas where the virus was initially considered a hoax and mask wearing a joke. Don't think masking up or taking other precautions have really caught on either. This, I believe, is a direct result of being in a deeply Republican state.

Just hope those who have had it don't turn out to be "Long Haulers." Having life long issues with you brain, heart and/or nervous system seems a pretty high price to pay for subscribing to a fantasy filled political agenda.

Why is it for you or any govt oficial to determine if it was worth the risk or not?

Bc it is a public risk

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Bc it is a public risk

Itís a public risk but protesting police brutality is apparently worth potentially dying for.

Interesting

Itís a public risk but protesting police brutality is apparently worth potentially dying for.

Interesting

I didn't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    People do, that is how society works.

I would agree that the response by many was over the top, I saw Pelosi wasn't wearing a mask too outrage though so let's leave sides out of who can be Karens. I never denied that there was hypocricy from plenty on the topic either but not every poster on here is responsible for the crazies you can associate with them and many (like myself) also called out the protestors for BLM not social distancing etc. or for the ones without masks too. If the defense of one over the other is that one was for a massive issue that keeps reocurring and had just happened again leading to death then police waayyy overresponded to peaceful protestors on the topic and all hell broke loose compared to people riled up over lies/ a conspiracy theory? Then I think that context has a bit of merit, if they openly said you can't spread the virus for good causes that's different but my guess is you won't be quoting anyone on that any time soon.

I disagree, there is a massive issue with police brutality, racial inequality and the police at the time specifically were going way over the top attacking peaceful protestors as well. That part was not absurd but the crazies you specifically seem to be referencing doing those things sure I would agree they were (again you won't quote that here that I remember).

I am not sure what the last line is about but that ain't even that tall lol
    To be clear, I never blamed the whole of the left for the actions of the Karens and the Hypocrisy in the media, and I personally didn't have a problem with the protests (though I did criticize the riots that often happened alongside them)

While police brutality is a problem, if we're going to be utilitarians about this, only around 250 Black People are killed by Cops every year, (that includes armed and unarmed, and cases of clear self-defense) if we only look at unarmed African Americans, that number drops to like 20 a year.
    And this virus has hit Black communities significantly harder there were likely more black people who died due to the spread of Covid from these events than from police killings this year.

Does this mean that no one should protest...no...it doesn't. These people took the risks, understanding that a moment like this might not come along again.

The last part was a reference to the post I was quoting.

Do you believe those rallies were necessary?
    Biden won the election and had virtually none.

Do you believe those protests were necessary?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    A rally is not comparable to protesting brutality lmao

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Who made you the moral arbiter over what should and shouldn't be allowed during a pandemic? You can decide for yourself what risks you want to take, but you don't get to make that decision for other people.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Do you believe those rallies were necessary?
    Biden won the election and had virtually none.

Do you believe those protests were necessary?
    Biden also received Billions in free airtime on Cable News networks pumping him and his ticket up.