Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 636 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 136536586626634635636637638646686736 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 15721
  1. #9526
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,894

    COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Like I said to you in the other thread, context matters. Trump's rallies were just ego stroking for a man in need of adulation. They were inconsequential because those people were voting for him regardless.

    BLM protests, although not always altruistic in nature, are/were fighting to stop racial inequality. Big difference.
    How does context matter when it comes to stopping the spread?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #9527
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    How does context matter when it comes to stopping the spread?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guess nobody should go to the grocery store then... after all we're just spreading the virus right?
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

    -JFK


  3. #9528
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So does the virus care about the issues? Isnít the whole point of stopping the spread was to stay home, avoid crowds, social distance etc

    So, how does gathering and protesting stop the spread of the virus? The protests and stuff could t wait until after the virus was over? Itís all hypocritical. You guys care about stopping the spread but then support something that does the exact opposite of what youíre preaching because itís a good cause/issue? Does the virus automatically stop spreading to people based on the cause or reason?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No the virus wouldn't care, I am not sure where you got the idea the virus has opinions?

    Can you please quote where I said it would stop the spread of the virus? Do you ever actually read what someone responds with or is it always these absurd questions irrelevant to what has been said?

    Many people care about both. I am not sure how me not participating in the protests and pointing out while it happened they should have masks and social distance (like I do with others out in public) is hypocritical. Explain please. Some issues are more important than others, I also am against killing people. If someone is being shot at over and over by another person and uses their gun in self defense I don't just dig into my stance that killing is bad I use the context of the situation to judge it (self defense matters). The point that was made if you had been paying attention is that for many the issue of police brutality/racial inequality is bigger (likely given the long long history). I think even then people needed to take this more seriously but it at least is something worth protesting over etc. in general unlike a made up conspiracy theory and that context matters.

  4. #9529
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,910
    ^^^^^^

  5. #9530
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,894
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    No the virus wouldn't care, I am not sure where you got the idea the virus has opinions?

    Can you please quote where I said it would stop the spread of the virus? Do you ever actually read what someone responds with or is it always these absurd questions irrelevant to what has been said?

    Many people care about both. I am not sure how me not participating in the protests and pointing out while it happened they should have masks and social distance (like I do with others out in public) is hypocritical. Explain please. Some issues are more important than others, I also am against killing people. If someone is being shot at over and over by another person and uses their gun in self defense I don't just dig into my stance that killing is bad I use the context of the situation to judge it (self defense matters). The point that was made if you had been paying attention is that for many the issue of police brutality/racial inequality is bigger (likely given the long long history). I think even then people needed to take this more seriously but it at least is something worth protesting over etc. in general unlike a made up conspiracy theory and that context matters.
    Again youíre being such a hypocrite here. Protesting is ok even though it will potentially spread the virus but not wearing a mask and going out in public is bad! Both causes the same amount of potential spread yet your ok with one but not the other because of the reasoning? Makes no sense. Your either for shutting everything down and getting the virus under control or youíre not. Which one is it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #9531
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    As if the virus truly cares about that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, the people do.

    Having the virus spread because people want equality vs spread because a bunch of dumb ****s want to part like its 1999 are two very diff things for a society to accept.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #9532
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Trump rallies werenít needed but it was needed to protest and burn stuff down. Got it!

    Yíall are pathetic


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Now you get it [emoji846]

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #9533
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    How does context matter when it comes to stopping the spread?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same way we kept grocery stores open but closed Disneyland down.

    Some things are worth dealing with some spread. Some aren't.

    Racial equality. Worth it. Stroke trumps ego. Not worth it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #9534
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Again youíre being such a hypocrite here. Protesting is ok even though it will potentially spread the virus but not wearing a mask and going out in public is bad! Both causes the same amount of potential spread yet your ok with one but not the other because of the reasoning? Makes no sense. Your either for shutting everything down and getting the virus under control or youíre not. Which one is it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Protesting should have been limited to the same restrictions that every where else was. If inside or outside, that isn't hypocrisy at all it is keeping the exact same standards. I specifically called out those that weren't following them as well lol, so no I clearly stated the no mask and out in public ones were in the wrong already. You are just ignoring what is said to whine whine whine about protestors, you want them cancelled or something?

    Why can't I be for common sense restrictions that should apply to everyone including the protestors who I called out for not following them? I am not for literally shutting everything down, opening everything up nor do I go out of my way to constantly whine about ANYONE not following restrictions or I would be here all day every day. I said those that were not wearing masks and not social distancing were wrong and that largely that should have been taken more seriously throughout.

    I don't think we need to cancel all protestors and lock them inside unlike we would to everyone else in the public though. Seems like that is what you are calling for but I don't think it's hypocritical to not want extreme action taken only against protestors.

  10. #9535
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Again youíre being such a hypocrite here. Protesting is ok even though it will potentially spread the virus but not wearing a mask and going out in public is bad! Both causes the same amount of potential spread yet your ok with one but not the other because of the reasoning? Makes no sense. Your either for shutting everything down and getting the virus under control or youíre not. Which one is it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No that's a pretty stupid approach. The best approach is finding the middle ground with the best combination of minimal spread and minimal economic impact.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #9536
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,894
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, the people do.

    Having the virus spread because people want equality vs spread because a bunch of dumb ****s want to part like its 1999 are two very diff things for a society to accept.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Again the virus spreads either way in that situation. It doesnít care the reasoning. Why not open everything back up and let people protest or go outside and go to their kids baseball, soccer or football games?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #9537
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,894
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Protesting should have been limited to the same restrictions that every where else was. If inside or outside, that isn't hypocrisy at all it is keeping the exact same standards. I specifically called out those that weren't following them as well lol, so no I clearly stated the no mask and out in public ones were in the wrong already. You are just ignoring what is said to whine whine whine about protestors, you want them cancelled or something?

    Why can't I be for common sense restrictions that should apply to everyone including the protestors who I called out for not following them? I am not for literally shutting everything down, opening everything up nor do I go out of my way to constantly whine about ANYONE not following restrictions or I would be here all day every day. I said those that were not wearing masks and not social distancing were wrong and that largely that should have been taken more seriously throughout.

    I don't think we need to cancel all protestors and lock them inside unlike we would to everyone else in the public though. Seems like that is what you are calling for but I don't think it's hypocritical to not want extreme action taken only against protestors.
    So why canít Trump hold rallies outside if people wear masks? Rallies or protests should be held if they want though. You guys ***** about rallies but think itís ok for protestors to gather because of the cause. I donít think the cause should matter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #9538
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Again the virus spreads either way in that situation. It doesnít care the reasoning. Why not open everything back up and let people protest or go outside and go to their kids baseball, soccer or football games?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You tell me why we wouldnt do that...

    Did you have the same response to trump rallies? Might as well open up everything?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #9539
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So why canít Trump hold rallies outside if people wear masks? Rallies or protests should be held if they want though. You guys ***** about rallies but think itís ok for protestors to gather because of the cause. I donít think the cause should matter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obviously you dont, because there is no cause for trump rallies. He just wants attention.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #9540
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,894
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You tell me why we wouldnt do that...

    Did you have the same response to trump rallies? Might as well open up everything?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    If you are going to allow protesting to happen I think you might as well let everything open back up outside and that includes rallies as long as people are social distancing or wearing masks. Donít you think that would be fair?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •