Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 635 of 1052 FirstFirst ... 135535585625633634635636637645685735 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,525 of 15773
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    And where were trumps rallies?

I know man...Trump/Conservatives bad neanderthals. Liberals beautiful.
    If the conversation is why did trump rallies get ridiculed while protests didnt, I mean we have to consider what is fueling these events.

One is a movement for racial equality. People are more likely willing to deal with the negative effects for something like this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    What is happening in Brazil will have dire consequences all over the world.
    What's happening?

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You're last sentence describes everything that I am saying about you. Lol.

Trump rallies are super spreaders, but thousands of people walking arm in arm in the streets without masks for months aren't. Literally can't make this hypocrisy up.
    This is so true lol. But one is for a good cause! As if the virus cares about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If the conversation is why did trump rallies get ridiculed while protests didnt, I mean we have to consider what is fueling these events.

One is a movement for racial equality. People are more likely willing to deal with the negative effects for something like this.

As if the virus truly cares about that.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    First of all, Trump's rallies were not needed (indoor or outdoor), especially in a pandemic. It was a circle jerk that accomplished nothing.

Secondly, where did I say outdoor rallies were any different irrespective of cause? Did I say Trump's outdoor rallies were super spreader events? I've asked you 2 or 3 times to prove that BLM protests caused significant upticks in COVID cases. All the evidence says otherwise and you've yet to counter it with anything factual.

I also said that the rhetoric of the administration contradicted the intervening measures suggested by scientists and doctors. Trump had a chance to be that example but instead to downplay the virus, mock people who wore masks, etc. A more uniformed message would have saved lives.
    Trump rallies werenít needed but it was needed to protest and burn stuff down. Got it!

Yíall are pathetic

The right is brain dead.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

What neither side understands are the second and third order effects of limiting AGI in this latest fashion. Do I qualify for a third stimulus? No. Do I "need" a third stimulus check? No. The previous stimulus check I received, I spent on upper-middle-class items around my home: I contracted a local electrician out to install new landscaping lighting and another locally owned business to do some landscaping work. Money directly into the pockets of local businesses that were affected by COVID. I viewed it as extra money because that it what it was: extra. However, I used it exactly as it was called: to stimulate the economy by using it in a fashion that circulated it back into the economy through local businesses that were seeing a decline in their businesses due to COVID.

So, this is not a "whoa is me" post of an individual (married couple with 5 children) earning more than the AGI threshold. This is a "Time out. There is more than income to consider" type of post. A third stimulus check would have been used in a similar type of fashion: spending it on items for/around a home, to put back into my local community and small businesses. Which is: stimulating the economy. Cutting individuals like myself out of the equation simply because our income is "too high" is a short-sighted decision by out-of-touch politicians who quite frankly, don't know much about this country they have been elected to represent.

If Congress is going to put AGI thresholds on this and give it to "those that need it the most" in lower income families...OK. I am fine with that and wish the best to everyone during these times. But we absolutely need to stop calling it "stimulus" money and call it what it truly is. Please stop branding it as stimulus money to stimulate the economy. If it is now designed to go to primarily the lowest of income individuals and/or families to pay off this, or pay off that, or to "aid in getting through during this pandemic," have the testicular fortitude to call it what it really is: welfare checks.
    Wenn Sie dies lesen durch elektronische ‹bersetzung, Sie sind jetzt noch lahm als Sie waren als Sie zum ersten Mal las und verstand es nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Trump rallies werenít needed but it was needed to protest and burn stuff down. Got it!

Yíall are pathetic

Coming from the guy who thinks the election was stolen from Trump and that black athletes should shut up because they make millions of dollars, that's pretty rich man.

I guess you're okay with police brutality and racial inequality.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-06-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Coming from the guy who thinks the election was stolen from Trump and that black athletes should shut up because they make millions of dollars, that's pretty rich man.

I guess you're okay with police brutality and racial inequality.
    Iím not but telling everyone to stay home and lock down their businesses etc then saying itís ok for people to gather and protest seems counterproductive

Iím not but telling everyone to stay home and lock down their businesses etc then saying itís ok for people to gather and protest seems counterproductive

Like I said to you in the other thread, context matters. Trump's rallies were just ego stroking for a man in need of adulation. They were inconsequential because those people were voting for him regardless.

BLM protests, although not always altruistic in nature, are/were fighting to stop racial inequality. Big difference.

I am not saying that it is alright to go protest without masks and social distancing but I think many just put a higher priority on the police brutality/racial justice than focusing on those not doing so.

It can be true that there should have been better distancing/protocols during those protests and that they are also far different than protesting a made up cause by storming the capital. The reason that the distancing aspects are more focused on in one situation is there is no valid reasoning to be there in the first place. Again if Biden kills all people under 6ft tall and everyone protests I don't think Covid measures will be the top priority either from most it will be the bad action by the government of killing people that's bigger at that moment.

So the difference in the scenarios is that some will differ on which is more important for this country (police brutality being limited/racial equality or immediate covid measures) which can change their focus. As it pertains to the capital, only ones buying into the conspiracy see any real reasoning and it isn't remotely important to most. That matters, again just like if it were based on Biden actually doing something bad others would focus on that here the issue is these protestors are doing something bad for made up conspiracies.

Quote Originally Posted by pentel1980 View Post
    The previous stimulus check I received, I spent on upper-middle-class items around my home: I contracted a local electrician out to install new landscaping lighting and another locally owned business to do some landscaping work. Money directly into the pockets of local businesses that were affected by COVID. I viewed it as extra money because that it what it was: extra. However, I used it exactly as it was called: to stimulate the economy by using it in a fashion that circulated it back into the economy through local businesses that were seeing a decline in their businesses due to COVID...If Congress is going to put AGI thresholds on this and give it to "those that need it the most" in lower income families...OK. I am fine with that and wish the best to everyone during these times. But we absolutely need to stop calling it "stimulus" money and call it what it truly... If it is now designed to go to primarily the lowest of income individuals and/or families to pay off this, or pay off that, or to "aid in getting through during this pandemic," have the testicular fortitude to call it what it really is: welfare checks.
    I am sure those low income folks wonít be using that ďwelfare checkĒ to stimulate the economy; theyíll probably just cash them and hide the cash in their mattresses.

This is so true lol. But one is for a good cause! As if the virus cares about that

As if either of you care about the pandemic at all, outside of a reason to oWn ThE lIbZ.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I am not saying that it is alright to go protest without masks and social distancing but I think many just put a higher priority on the police brutality/racial justice than focusing on those not doing so.

It can be true that there should have been better distancing/protocols during those protests and that they are also far different than protesting a made up cause by storming the capital. The reason that the distancing aspects are more focused on in one situation is there is no valid reasoning to be there in the first place. Again if Biden kills all people under 6ft tall and everyone protests I don't think Covid measures will be the top priority either from most it will be the bad action by the government of killing people that's bigger at that moment.

So the difference in the scenarios is that some will differ on which is more important for this country (police brutality being limited/racial equality or immediate covid measures) which can change their focus. As it pertains to the capital, only ones buying into the conspiracy see any real reasoning and it isn't remotely important to most. That matters, again just like if it were based on Biden actually doing something bad others would focus on that here the issue is these protestors are doing something bad for made up conspiracies.
    So does the virus care about the issues? Isnít the whole point of stopping the spread was to stay home, avoid crowds, social distance etc

So, how does gathering and protesting stop the spread of the virus? The protests and stuff could t wait until after the virus was over? Itís all hypocritical. You guys care about stopping the spread but then support something that does the exact opposite of what youíre preaching because itís a good cause/issue? Does the virus automatically stop spreading to people based on the cause or reason?

Plenty of us made it clearly known that we wouldn't be caught dead at one of those protests during a pandemic and that, even if they were protesting for a good cause, that it wasn't the smartest time to do it.

So who are you referring to exactly? The lamestream media?