Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 633 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 1335335836236316326336346356436837331133 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,495 of 17298
  1. #9481
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,910
    Just saw a CNBC article that a family of four could get about $14000 from this bill and. I love to see it! Something akin to UBI that progressives have been clamoring for.

  2. #9482
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,166
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    There's no doubt about it. The Trumptard propganda machine completely wrecked our covid response before we even had a chance..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm tired of hearing that the president had no sway on his constituency either. There's no way this anti-mask, anti-social distancing, we need to re-open everything to a 100% capacity idealism would have gained the steam it did if there wasn't such a strong counter movement that was led by certain Republican party members and by proxy, the president. Suggesting mask wearing was some sort of weakness or mocking those who chose to wear them was just as much a political statement as if he had chose to embrace the science.

    Yes, people are capable of making their own decisions and could take those stances on their own but they are absolutely influenced by the example their leaders make.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-05-2021 at 08:52 PM.

  3. #9483
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,848
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm tired of hearing that the president had no sway on his constituency either. There's no way this anti-mask, anti-social distancing, idealism would have gained the steam it did if there wasn't such a strong counter movement that was led by certain Republican party members and by proxy, the president. Suggesting mask wearing was some sort of weakness or mocking those who chose to wear them was just as much a political statement as if he had chose to embrace the science.

    Yes, people are capable of making their own decisions and could take those stances on their own but they are absolutely influenced by the example their leaders make.
    That's an odd take when the left spent months upon months supporting and propmting people to gather by the thousands without social distancing and masks.

    I get it...you hate trump. But your hate for trump completely blinds you to the your own hypocrisy.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  4. #9484
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,166
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    That's an odd take when the left spent months upon months supporting and propmting people to gather by the thousands without social distancing and masks.

    I get it...you hate trump. But your hate for trump completely blinds you to the your own hypocrisy.
    Yeah, he did that while he held multiple indoor rallies in various cities where those functions were illegal. Funny how do you don't see the hypocrisy in that. Nothing I said was incorrect despite your desperate attempts to make it sound that way. The president openly mocked mask wearers, downplayed the virus (sound familiar?), hardly ever wore masks whether in the WH (according to his own staff) or while being televised, and eventually caught the virus presumably through the lack of precaution he took against it.

    I get it, you like Trump but don't pretend like the president was setting the example he should have. I'm sure none of those things I mentioned swayed his constituency either.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-05-2021 at 10:27 PM.

  5. #9485
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I believe you've said in the past you live in Wisconsin. So this is particularly relevant (if I'm remembering that correct). Your senator, Ronald Johnson requested the reading of the bill aloud. Do you know what he did as soon as they started reading the bill? He got up and left and started talking to other senators out of earshot of the reading. Don't come in and act like some poor staffer, likely getting paid $30000-40000 reading the bill is going to inform anyone or be heard or viewed by anyone. It's just going to mean that staffer gets stuck reading the bill to a near empty room. The janitor taking out the trash will hear more of the bill than any of the 100 senators.
    Actually he stayed in the chamber the entire time and was taking notes and following along with the script of the bill


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #9486
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,848
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah, he did that while he held multiple indoor rallies in various cities where those functions were illegal. Funny how do you don't see the hypocrisy in that. Nothing I said was incorrect despite your desperate attempts to make it sound that way. The president openly mocked mask wearers, downplayed the virus (sound familiar?), hardly ever wore masks whether in the WH (according to his own staff) or while being televised, and eventually caught the virus presumably through the lack of precaution he took against it.

    I get it, you like Trump but don't pretend like the president was setting the example he should have. I'm sure none of those things I mentioned swayed his constituency either.
    If you actually were able to even come close to looking at things without your 'everything is trumps and the republicans fault' glasses you just might realize that I didn't say trump and republicans didn't have any culpability. And you just might realize that the left absolutely contributed to the massive amount of covid casualties.

    However, I know you don't have that ability to do that, so you just be you and continue to spew your altered view of reality.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  7. #9487
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,166
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    If you actually were able to even come close to looking at things without your 'everything is trumps and the republicans fault' glasses you just might realize that I didn't say trump and republicans didn't have any culpability. And you just might realize that the left absolutely contributed to the massive amount of covid casualties.

    However, I know you don't have that ability to do that, so you just be you and continue to spew your altered view of reality.
    I never said it was all Trump and Republicans fault. Spend less time putting words in my mouth and read. As I said, hundreds of thousands of people die from this virus regardless of who is president but we don't see the same numbers of deaths and cases if leadership does a better job of having a uniformed message. Same if there is more diligent measures taken in states that decided it was more important to keep businesses open at full capacity or not have mask mandates.

    That's not my fault you don't see that. I'm not of the belief that people get this or die at the same rate irrespective of their actions or the actions taken by others to limit spread.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-05-2021 at 11:33 PM.

  8. #9488
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,848
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I never said it was all Trump and Republicans fault. Spend less time putting words in my mouth and read. As I said, hundreds of thousands of people die from this virus regardless of who is president but we don't see the same numbers of deaths and cases if leadership does a better job of having a uniformed message. Same if there is more diligent measures taken in states that decided it was more important to keep businesses at full capacity and not have mask mandates.

    That's not my fault you don't see that. I'm not of the belief that people get this or die at the same rate irrespective of their actions or the actions taken by others to limit spread.
    You're last sentence describes everything that I am saying about you. Lol.

    Trump rallies are super spreaders, but thousands of people walking arm in arm in the streets without masks for months aren't. Literally can't make this hypocrisy up.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  9. #9489
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You're last sentence describes everything that I am saying about you. Lol.

    Trump rallies are super spreaders, but thousands of people walking arm in arm in the streets without masks for months aren't. Literally can't make this hypocrisy up.
    Who made the argument the protests werent spreading covid?

    Of course they did, how can anyone argue against that?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #9490
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,166
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You're last sentence describes everything that I am saying about you. Lol.

    Trump rallies are super spreaders, but thousands of people walking arm in arm in the streets without masks for months aren't. Literally can't make this hypocrisy up.
    You do realize there is a big difference in contracting rates of the coronavirus indoors vs outdoors, right?

    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-...mpossible.html

    https://patient.info/news-and-featur...er-than-inside

    https://www.healio.com/news/infectio...%2C%206%2D57.9).

    Five studies in their analysis determined that less than 10% of reported global SARS-CoV-2 infections have occurred outdoors and that the odds of indoor transmission were 18.7 times higher in comparison to outdoor transmission
    Secondly, I never suggested those protests were entirely safe. That said, there are plenty of studies that suggested there was little evidence to correlate COVID rate increases to protesting cities.

    https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...onavirus-in-us

    https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...ad-coronavirus

    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...pikes-n1232045

    https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...covid-19-cases

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe...h=c4dea7d7dac7

    I can post more but I'm sure its all fake news.

    Whatever the case is, yeah Trump's rhetoric, behavior, etc certainly contributed to the spread of the virus. ****, he even got it as the most ultimate irony.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-05-2021 at 11:56 PM.

  11. #9491
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,848
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You do realize there is a big difference in contracting rates of the coronavirus indoors vs outdoors, right?

    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-...mpossible.html

    https://patient.info/news-and-featur...er-than-inside

    https://www.healio.com/news/infectio...%2C%206%2D57.9).



    Secondly, I never suggested those protests were entirely safe. That said, there are plenty of studies that suggested there was little evidence to correlate COVID rate increases to protesting cities.

    https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...onavirus-in-us

    https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...ad-coronavirus

    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...pikes-n1232045

    https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...covid-19-cases

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe...h=c4dea7d7dac7

    I can post more but I'm sure its all fake news.

    Whatever the case is, yeah Trump's rhetoric, behavior, etc certainly contributed to the spread of the virus. ****, he even got it as the most ultimate irony.
    And where were trumps rallies?

    I know man...Trump/Conservatives bad neanderthals. Liberals beautiful.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  12. #9492
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,848
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Who made the argument the protests werent spreading covid?

    Of course they did, how can anyone argue against that?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    See post below yours.

  13. #9493
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,166
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    And where were trumps rallies?

    I know man...Trump/Conservatives bad neanderthals. Liberals beautiful.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-r...irus-airborne/

    https://www.fayobserver.com/story/ne...ks/5852576002/

    Knowing what we know about how the virus is spread, how is holding at least 6 indoor rallies remotely responsible? Why are a majority of people not wearing a mask at this Trump rally btw? Could it have to do with the president's rhetoric about the virus the whole time, nah.

    Did we see Biden hold any rallies during his campaign?

    You want to pretend like people aren't impressionable or followers, that's your call. I guess all those people who stormed the capitol did it under no influence from Trump either.

    You still haven't made a considerable move on my point. Trump and his actions/words in regards to the virus certainly contributed to more cases and deaths. If you want to make a case that all those protests did the same, at least back it up with some evidence.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-06-2021 at 12:28 AM.

  14. #9494
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,231
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    And where were trumps rallies?
    Some were indoor, some were outdoor.

  15. #9495
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,848
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-r...irus-airborne/

    https://www.fayobserver.com/story/ne...ks/5852576002/

    Knowing what we know about how the virus is spread, how is this remotely responsible? Why are a majority of people not wearing a mask at this Trump rally btw? Could it have to do with the president's rhetoric about the virus the whole time, nah.

    Did we see Biden hold any rallies during his campaign?

    You want to pretend like people aren't impressionable or followers, that's your call. I guess all those people who stormed the capitol did it under no influence from Trump either.

    You still haven't made a considerable move on my point. Trump and his actions/words in regards to the virus certainly contributed to more cases and deaths. If you want to make a case that all those protests did the same, at least back it up with some evidence.
    So, is this when I post 100s of links to thousands of people walking arm in arm in the streets without masks televised in TV every night for 7 months because you refuse to admit that it actually happened? I really hope not, because I really don't have the desire or energy to do so.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •