Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 631 of 1052 FirstFirst ... 131531581621629630631632633641681731 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,465 of 15776
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Yes reading the bill to make sure you know what your voting for is wasting time.

Every bill should be read out loud before they vote on it and all should have to be on the floor listening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It should be required that every congressman READ the bill, but I don't know what you gain by everyone having it read to them. Most of them should hopefully already be familiar with it by then and listening to someone read the dry contents of a 600 page bill isn't going to keep their attention...making it a waste of time.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    It should be required that every congressman READ the bill, but I don't know what you gain by everyone having it read to them. Most of them should hopefully already be familiar with it by then and listening to someone read the dry contents of a 600 page bill isn't going to keep their attention...making it a waste of time.
    How many legislators on either side actually read the entire bill? I doubt not many. Most probably get cliffnotes from their interns or congressional leaders

Also this sure aged well

https://twitter.com/JerryDunleavy/st...808844289?s=20

Yes reading the bill to make sure you know what your voting for is wasting time.

Every bill should be read out loud before they vote on it and all should have to be on the floor listening

I agree. Was it ok this time?

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/polit...ill/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I agree. Was it ok this time?

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/polit...ill/index.html

Nope. Neither was the Obamacare legislation where Pelosi said that they have to pass it to find out what’s in it

Nope. Neither was the Obamacare legislation where Pelosi said that they have to pass it to find out what’s in it

We agree[emoji1]

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Who said that? Either way, we're actually over half a million dead so even those projections were low.
    Part of the projections is that this would be over. I want to say it was Dr Faucci and Dr Brix said if run well half a million. The Trump Administration was better than that.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Of course you WANT to say that.

Bottom line: It ain’t over till the fat lady sings (which if you go by any science at all means she’ll never even get on stage).

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yes if you could provide quotes and statements about that, it would be most appreciated.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ery-far-apart/

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It is if you are a major Trump supporter. Noticing a theme yet? I'm sure you do.
    Again over 150,000 of these deaths is President Biden's responsibility if you need to keep this TDS going.

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan255 View Post
    yes reading the bill to make sure you know what your voting for is wasting time.

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    I don't care how much money you make. You pay your taxes you deserve some money
    Got another UBI fan here.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Part of the projections is that this would be over. I want to say it was Dr Faucci and Dr Brix said if run well half a million. The Trump Administration was better than that.
    How do?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Your article estimated 256,000 dead of Covid in 2020, we far surpassed that.

In fact, it literally says “best estimates are still below 500,000”.

The Trump administration’s handling was bad, hence comparing it with worst case projections instead of best case.

I believe you've said in the past you live in Wisconsin. So this is particularly relevant (if I'm remembering that correct). Your senator, Ronald Johnson requested the reading of the bill aloud. Do you know what he did as soon as they started reading the bill? He got up and left and started talking to other senators out of earshot of the reading. Don't come in and act like some poor staffer, likely getting paid $30000-40000 reading the bill is going to inform anyone or be heard or viewed by anyone. It's just going to mean that staffer gets stuck reading the bill to a near empty room. The janitor taking out the trash will hear more of the bill than any of the 100 senators.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085