Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 629 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 1295295796196276286296306316396797291129 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,435 of 17307
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    So let's say the vaccine is readily available to all but only like 50% of the people took it. We still have restrictions?
    Finger do you work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It is likely that Covid will be around for a good long time. Society will have to decide how much is acceptable, just like they decide how much Flu is acceptable (once again, I am not equating Covid with the Flu). Vaccinations will be available and updated to cover new strains, once again, just like with the Flu. I would imagine we will be getting boosters to cover the new strains.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    It is likely that Covid will be around for a good long time. Society will have to decide how much is acceptable, just like they decide how much Flu is acceptable (once again, I am not equating Covid with the Flu). Vaccinations will be available and updated to cover new strains, once again, just like with the Flu. I would imagine we will be getting boosters to cover the new strains.
    Considering that the regular flu that comes around year after year is a direct descendant of the Spanish flu it's very likely covid isn't going away any time soon either.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I responded. Top of the page. If that's your new criteria we've now moved the goalposts to the parking lot. Lockdown restrictions are now justifiable FOREVER.
    No you didnt. Read post 9442.

You know covid isnt magic right? It's an actual real thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I dont think we at that point yet because covid still has outbreak potential, flu doesnt. So the approach still has to be in line with that.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Considering that the regular flu that comes around year after year is a direct descendant of the Spanish flu it's very likely covid isn't going away any time soon either.
    No one is predicting it will go away, most predictions have it staying around like the flu.

But once we have immunity to it we dont have to be concerned with outbreaks (assuming covid doesnt throw any curve ball our way).

Military is running about 30% not wanting the vaccine, until it off emergency use they can't require it, once emergency use goes away, Military can require it.

I would be interested in seeing current poll on Blacks not wanting the vaccine as millions are getting stuck.
    I would assume the resistance with a majority vaccinated the resistance would start dropping.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No one is predicting it will go away, most predictions have it staying around like the flu.

But once we have immunity to it we dont have to be concerned with outbreaks (assuming covid doesnt throw any curve ball our way).

That is not certain, just yet. No one can tell how long the antibodies will last. If they last 7 months like mine did after I was sick, boosters will have to be given annually. Flu outbreaks happen yearly, or at least did until this year -- likely due to masking, social distancing and people being more cognizant of their personal health.
    Hopefully, you are right, though.

That is not certain, just yet. No one can tell how long the antibodies will last. If they last 7 months like mine did after I was sick, boosters will have to be given annually. Flu outbreaks happen yearly, or at least did until this year -- likely due to masking, social distancing and people being more cognizant of their personal health.
    Hopefully, you are right, though.
    Yea, not certain, but hopefully.

Itll.probably require annual shots for those who want it, but I think either way the outbreak threat will be gone. At least the economy should be able to operate fully open at some point this year.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually people have said it’s when the vaccines are administered and not when they are shipped.

You’re right it was never supposed to go on this long, but then again, half a million people weren’t supposed to die. Usually plans change when people start dying by the hundreds of thousands.
    The projections were 2 million
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Military is running about 30% not wanting the vaccine, until it off emergency use they can't require it, once emergency use goes away, Military can require it.

I would be interested in seeing current poll on Blacks not wanting the vaccine as millions are getting stuck.
    I would assume the resistance with a majority vaccinated the resistance would start dropping.
    The anti-vax movement is sadly growing. People who say that more speech is the counter to bad speech are oblivious to how the real world works. There is more information than ever before and 99.999999% of it is correct saying that this vaccine and others are safe and effective and yet the anti-vaxxers out there have never been more vocal and effective at convincing people with zero evidence that they are dangerous.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

A year ago when I said it wasn't going away any time soon many said I was crazy. I think you would find that most people feel they have been told that it would go away.

50k+ people die from the "regular" flu (H1N1 and it's variants) in the US every year more than a century after it came around. It's not extreme to think that number may triple going forward when adding in covid.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The anti-vax movement is sadly growing. People who say that more speech is the counter to bad speech are oblivious to how the real world works. There is more information than ever before and 99.999999% of it is correct saying that this vaccine and others are safe and effective and yet the anti-vaxxers out there have never been more vocal and effective at convincing people with zero evidence that they are dangerous.
    The people I know from my days being addict advocates say that a huge number of the poor minorities they deal with are anti-vax not because they don't trust science or vaccines in general, but THIS vaccine because they don't trust the government in general. When someone in their community gets the vaccine and then gets "sick" it just supports their beliefs that the vaccine is a "white people" vaccine and not really made for them.

When people fundamentally mistrust the government more education isn't really going to be a short term solution.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    The projections were 2 million
    What projection was that?

I remember for months and months posters on here talking about how few deaths there were. If you’d have told them that half a million Americans would have died of Covid they would have called you sensationalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    A year ago when I said it wasn't going away any time soon many said I was crazy. I think you would find that most people feel they have been told that it would go away.
    If so, then the “most people” you refer to are ****ing idiots.