Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 625 of 737 FirstFirst ... 125525575615623624625626627635675725 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 11052
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Thereís no proof that you can get COVID from touching the same surfaces as other people. Thereís actually been studies that show it rarely gets spread through surfaces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I *love* how you jump from "no chance" to simply "rarely" within a single sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I *love* how you jump from "no chance" to simply "rarely" within a single sentence.
    The virus spreads mainly from person to person, rather than via contaminated surfaces, according to the C.D.C. For those who were worried about wiping down grocery bags or disinfecting mailed packages, the news headlines highlighting this guidance in recent days might have brought some relief.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...faces.amp.html

Never did I say no chance lol I said thereís no proof that it spreads through surfaces

At the start of the pandemic, stores quickly sold out of disinfectant sprays and wipes. People were advised to wipe down their packages and the cans they bought at the grocery store.

But scientists have learned a lot this year about the coronavirus and how it's transmitted, and it turns out all that scrubbing and disinfecting might not be necessary.

If a person infected with the coronavirus sneezes, coughs or talks loudly, droplets containing particles of the virus can travel through the air and eventually land on nearby surfaces. But the risk of getting infected from touching a surface contaminated by the virus is low, says Emanuel Goldman, a microbiologist at Rutgers University.

"In hospitals, surfaces have been tested near COVID-19 patients, and no infectious virus can be identified," Goldman says.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ot-be-worth-it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    For many aspects this makes sense, for masks I dont get it. It doesnt make sense.

What upside is there for a counties to remove mask mandate?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The level of the mandate needed would be less in a small town than a big city. In a big city it's logical to want people wearing a mask pretty much any time they're out in public space, while that would be silly in a small town. The level of enforcment may also be different.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The level of the mandate needed would be less in a small town than a big city. In a big city it's logical to want people wearing a mask pretty much any time they're out in public space, while that would be silly in a small town. The level of enforcment may also be different.
    It would be silly for a small town to take the single easiest and most effective measure to control the spread of covid?

Regardless, I wouldnt call that an upside.

It would be silly for a small town to take the single easiest and most effective measure to control the spread of covid?

Yeah, I still havenít seen anyone point out a downside of wearing a mask.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

I didn't say NOT wear a mask...I said not as often.
    I live in a small town where I rent a PO Box because mail isn't delivered to my door. It would be ridiculous to be required to wear a mask when I walk out of my house and to the post office because 9 of out 10 times I won't even meet anyone on the street, and when I do my mask is at the ready. And before I enter a building, the mask is on.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    It's harder to breathe especially when doing activities
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

I didn't say NOT wear a mask...I said not as often.
    I live in a small town where I rent a PO Box because mail isn't delivered to my door. It would be ridiculous to be required to wear a mask when I walk out of my house and to the post office because 9 of out 10 times I won't even meet anyone on the street, and when I do my mask is at the ready. And before I enter a building, the mask is on.
    Why would that be ridiculous?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Supposed to be up to 3 million vaccines per day delivered. It's been a couple months already. Only 330 million people in the country to begin with. It's available to the at risk group plain and simple.
    Not here.
    Last edited by Crovash; 03-03-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Why would that be ridiculous?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    to wear a mask when there's not a single person in sight?

to wear a mask when there's not a single person in sight?
    I only wear a mask when I attend a meeting or church service in my little town. I never wear one when I walk my dog. I don't wear one when I go get my mail.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Plenty have pointed out downsides, it's just that the downside doesn't outweigh the upside the majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Plenty have pointed out downsides, it's just that the downside doesn't outweigh the upside the majority of the time.
    No they havenít

And it NEVER outweighs the upside lol
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The virus spreads mainly from person to person, rather than via contaminated surfaces, according to the C.D.C. For those who were worried about wiping down grocery bags or disinfecting mailed packages, the news headlines highlighting this guidance in recent days might have brought some relief.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...faces.amp.html

Never did I say no chance lol I said thereís no proof that it spreads through surfaces
    ....right before you said that it's rare for that to happen. So which one is it? No proof of it happening or it's rare that it happens?