Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 624 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 1245245746146226236246256266346747241124 ... LastLast
Results 9,346 to 9,360 of 17085
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The closer the government setting the rules is to the people being ruled the more their decisions reflect the needs of the people.
    For many aspects this makes sense, for masks I dont get it. It doesnt make sense.

What upside is there for a counties to remove mask mandate?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

That's probably a major factor. So that is an upside to more local control. Liberty has value. "No taxation without representation" is about local control ... it wasn't that they didn't want taxes, but they wanted a say in things.
    So? We have federal rules, we have state rules, and we have local rules. That doesn't mean local = good all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 03-03-2021 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    For many aspects this makes sense, for masks I dont get it. It doesnt make sense.

What upside is there for a counties to remove mask mandate?
    Since it hasn't happened yet I don't know. Any thing I can think of is a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    So? We have federal rules, we have state rules, and we have local rules. That doesn't mean local = good all the time.
    True, some things are much better done at a national level. War for example.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think they're jumping the gun tbh. You're finally getting vaccines into people's arms and you're at the precipice of entering a season where the flu and coronavirus strains have shown to weaken. Now that Biden is talking about every adult being able to have access to a vaccine by May, it seems like they are almost at the finish line. It won't kill anyone to keep the mask mandate for another couple of months.
    No one is stopping people from wearing masks. Heís allowing local businesses and cities to set their own rules as well. Heís just not forcing anyone to wear one like other states are

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Any smart Texan will call a business ahead of time and confirm whether they require masks. If they do not require them, they should inform the manager in a respectful manner that they will not be patronizing their business due to a lack of concern for safety of guests.
    Oh no! No masks! What will I ever do???

Give me a break

What is the upside?

More freedom

True, some things are much better done at a national level. War for example.
    What does Leif Erikson have to say about that? I think it's important

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    No one is stopping people from wearing masks. Heís allowing local businesses and cities to set their own rules as well. Heís just not forcing anyone to wear one like other states are

Masks are not worn for the sake of any individual, they are worn for the sake of the community at large.

Someone made a spot on analogy regarding drunk driving. It's not for the sake of the drunk driver as much as it is for the safety of other innocent people around them.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Masks are not worn for the sake of any individual, they are worn for the sake of the community at large.

Someone made a spot on analogy regarding drunk driving. It's not for the sake of the drunk driver as much as it is for the safety of other innocent people around them.

Nicely said.

Keep your distance (6 feet away) and you donít need to worry about masks

Do you believe that?

d e r p

Well if you're going through the grocery check out aisle and unknowingly have it, you could easily contaminate things and now the next 20 or 50 or more (depending how much contamination) people are at risk. Let's say it gets only 1 in 20. If you and 5 other people go through diff check out lanes over the course of an hour, from that single hour now 150 or so people are exposed, and 7 people get it.

Its complicated, but you get the idea here? There is SUCH LITTLE downside to wearing a mask, it's only $5, but it can potentially reduce the spread by 80% or more, just from this one single, simple, mildly annoying action.

You save the economy. You save lives. In conjunction with some simple nationwide protocol such as shutting down arenas, etc, we can maneuver as close to normal as possible. Why would we not do it? There's just no worthy explanation...

Well if you're going through the grocery check out aisle and unknowingly have it, you could easily contaminate things and now the next 20 or 50 or more (depending how much contamination) people are at risk. Let's say it gets only 1 in 20. If you and 5 other people go through diff check out lanes over the course of an hour, from that single hour now 150 or so people are exposed, and 7 people get it.

Its complicated, but you get the idea here? There is SUCH LITTLE downside to wearing a mask, it's only $5, but it can potentially reduce the spread by 80% or more, just from this one single, simple, mildly annoying action.

You save the economy. You save lives. In conjunction with some simple nationwide protocol such as shutting down arenas, etc, we can maneuver as close to normal as possible. Why would we not do it? There's just no worthy explanation...

Thereís no proof that you can get COVID from touching the same surfaces as other people. Thereís actually been studies that show it rarely gets spread through surfaces