Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 622 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 122522572612620621622623624632672722 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 15735
    Abbott just envious of that other door DeSantis who has gotten praised in fla.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think they're jumping the gun tbh. You're finally getting vaccines into people's arms and you're at the precipice of entering a season where the flu and coronavirus strains have shown to weaken. Now that Biden is talking about every adult being able to have access to a vaccine by May, it seems like they are almost at the finish line. It won't kill anyone to keep the mask mandate for another couple of months.
    Sure, but the reality of this change is that it moves the control to cities rather than the state, so the sparsely populated rural areas can make adjustments, just like in CA where the rural areas refused to follow Newsom's rules and police refused to enforce them.

I didn't hear him say anything encouraging people to not wear masks are denying the virus or acting like it's no longer an issue, it's just moving it back to local municipalities. Last time he did that it went to far and he came out and said people were not taking it seriously enough and tightened the statewide restrictions. He may have to walk it back again, but I still prefer local government setting their rules.

So will the senate be able to pass the COVID legislation by the end of this week?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Any smart Texan will call a business ahead of time and confirm whether they require masks. If they do not require them, they should inform the manager in a respectful manner that they will not be patronizing their business due to a lack of concern for safety of guests.
    They pretty much all have signs in the door. Considering restaurants have allowed people without masks for quite a while now I'm not sure a few people in Home Depot without a mask is going to make a major difference. You can continue to wear your mask as long as you like.

The times I've seen people without masks indoors it's been odd and I wonder what their story is and have occasionally considered it rude, but I haven't considered it a significant threat to my health as I, and I would assume the majority, will continue to wear my mask for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I like the idea of wanting to get things back opened, but he seems to be going a little too fast.

It would make sense to phase back in to an open economy. Maybe that's what hes gonna do, I didnt read details, but he makes it sound like he just wants to go full speed.

Too many variables at this point to do that, imo.
    Texas has been phasing back in, what happened today was that the state released their restrictions on masks and occupancy but he was clear that businesses and municipalities can set their own rules and those rules would be supported by the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Perfect place for your god to bless.
    God bless you too.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    https://www.politico.com/states/cali...racism-1366367

It's a ****ing joke at this point. The teachers still don't want to go back and now they're blaming racism. You can't make it up. It's a parody of itself.
    The entire teachers union has been a parody of itself for quite awhile now.

And keep in mind. The term racism is the new definition of 'I disagree with you'.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 03-02-2021 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Texas has been phasing back in, what happened today was that the state released their restrictions on masks and occupancy but he was clear that businesses and municipalities can set their own rules and those rules would be supported by the state.
    That doesn't sound too good.

I dont see how removing masks helps the economy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

That doesn't sound too good.

I dont see how removing masks helps the economy.
    To repeat, he didn't say people don't have to wear masks, he said that he's leaving the mask requirements to municipalities and businesses.

To repeat, he didn't say people don't have to wear masks, he said that he's leaving the mask requirements to municipalities and businesses.
    Yes, I dont see why he would do that. I dont see the upside to it.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Washington. They are “on the list” so they’ll get it before the end of the month.

And my Uncle just got over Covid and he lives in Texas. So between that and their re-opening, I think they’ll avoid Texas for now.
    My grandfather in texas is 97. He is the only one of his dozen or sofriends that are all 95+ who has been able to get a vaccine. And that was only because my dad is a doctor and was able to get him in.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    First time here?
    I think I was in awe of fingerbang. He made Brewers look reasonable for a moment.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Yes, I dont see why he would do that. I dont see the upside to it.
    You don't see any upside to local control?

You don't see any upside to local control?
    I dont see any upside to locally controlled mask mandates.

I dont see any upside to locally controlled mask mandates.
    Biden didn't enact a national mask mandate so apparently some people see the upside of more local control of mask mandates.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I can't get it anytime soon for my 75 year old father, my cousin who is diabetic, and my uncle who had heart surgery two years ago and is 70 years old. The earliest appointments are in April. Its not as accessible as he wants you to think it is.
    Every state is different and while they're all going by CDC guidelines there are still different versions.

South Dakota is above average in distribution. Supposedly they've basically finished everyone 65+ (besides all the healthcare workers, etc) and tomorrow, officially, they start the remaining people with underlying conditions.

My pharmacy was to call if they had an extra dose today, only I was driving to the pharmacy when they called and didn't know until after I left that they'd called....so I called back and they said they'd call if they had an extra dose...didn't happen. But, I should still get it this week.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment