Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 596 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 964965465865945955965975986066466961096 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 17305
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes, obviously. People die in ways other than being murdered, doesnt mean we should legalize murder..

Again, its stats. When 50% of the country (both dems and Republicans) has family gatherings over 1 weekend, it's going to reflect in the stats.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Honest question, have you had dinner with a friend or family member over let's say... the past year?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Honest question, have you had dinner with a friend or family member over let's say... the past year?
    Yes, we've even gone out to dinner.

I'm one person. One person doesnt change national stats. One holiday does.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Said like a true California representative. ***** about people getting together for the holiday meanwhile they've been gathering throughout the pandemic.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Why are you arguing with this dude? He's clearly a COVID denier or at the very least skipped biology in elementary school. The fact that he can't understand why more people gathered together and millions of people traveling has an effect on overall virus spread is mind boggling.

Said like a true California representative. ***** about people getting together for the holiday meanwhile they've been gathering throughout the pandemic.
    You dont seem to have a grip on stats.

Gathering for a holiday causes a spike in numbers because of the number of gatherings taking place over one weekend.

You really shouldn't need this to be explained to you...

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Why are you arguing with this dude? He's clearly a COVID denier or at the very least skipped biology in elementary school. The fact that he can't understand why more people gathered together and millions of people traveling has an effect on overall virus spread is mind boggling.
    I was the only person in this forum that predicted this thing accurately 11 months ago. Said it was virtually unstoppable and that you guys would keep extending the timeline. Back 9 or 10 months ago most of you were even saying that a 2 or 3 month lockdown sounded excessive.

It's about to be a year. Most of you claimed you weren't hiding out until the vaccine - you did.

Now we can all enjoy the economic fallout together. You guys can promise the newly homeless free money in the upcoming election.

Here’s what’s happening Tuesday with the coronavirus pandemic in the U.S.:

THREE THINGS TO KNOW TODAY

— President Joe Biden is extending a ban on housing foreclosures to June 30 to help homeowners struggling during the coronavirus pandemic. The moratorium on foreclosures of federally guaranteed mortgages had been set to expire March 31. Census Bureau figures show that almost 12% of homeowners with mortgages were late on their payments. The White House says the coordinated actions announced Tuesday by the Departments of Housing and Urban Development, Veterans Affairs and Agriculture also will extend to June 30 the enrollment window for borrowers who want to request pauses or reductions in mortgage payments.
    Just keep pushing back that date. Everything's gonna be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Pretty much all of New England.
    You might want to revisit your US geography or maybe update your covid-stats.

Vermont has the lowest per capita covid-19 mortality rate in the lower 48 states; Maine 2nd lowest; and New Hampshire is 7th lowest.

The other three states in New England...admittedly, not so good

EDIT (but as I noted several times before — which some posters here have conveniently ignored — a majority of those covid-related deaths came in the first month and a half, when our understanding of the virus was far more limited).
    Last edited by Crovash; 02-16-2021 at 05:15 PM.

I was the only person in this forum that predicted this thing accurately 11 months ago. Said it was virtually unstoppable and that you guys would keep extending the timeline. Back 9 or 10 months ago most of you were even saying that a 2 or 3 month lockdown sounded excessive.

It's about to be a year. Most of you claimed you weren't hiding out until the vaccine - you did.

Now we can all enjoy the economic fallout together. You guys can promise the newly homeless free money in the upcoming election.
    When this thing started it was known that things wouldnt normalize until herd immunity is reached. Just like the flu in 1918.

What the hell are you talking about?? lol

The lockdowns have been very effective, the only outbreak we experienced in the US was in NY in march april.

The daily numbers continue to look the way they've looked for several months. Let me tell you I'm completely shocked that when we started to open more things up people started screaming for another quarantine.
    There are people that never wanted the lockdown lifted to begin with, lol. And many states including the one I'm in have barely budged an inch on reopening.

Before you pat yourself on the back for your powers of foresight here’s some posts from you in June talking about how Florida opened and the numbers were the same. Immediately after those posts Florida had a massive spike in cases and the most per day deaths they’ve ever had.

So maybe you weren’t as great at predicting things as you thought...

Not all gatherings are equal last I checked. I've taken part in plenty of local social gatherings but they've been small and outside, with people wearing masks when they weren't consuming something. This is not the same as your typical winter holiday get together where 15-20 people travel via airplane from all over the country to gather indoors for a large portion of the day.

This is all very simple stuff, yet I feel that you probably need it explained nice and slowly.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 02-16-2021 at 05:34 PM.

You didn't predict ****, you simply parroted your favorite conservative talking points (as you continue to do).

Wearing a mask when around other people and respecting the fact that there's a worldwide pandemic in effect is not interchangeable with "hiding out". I know you cats love your basement jokes but the vast majority of people that you find to be so willingly oppressed aren't in an underground bunker, cowering in fear (when they're not rushing upstairs to paranoidly peek out their blinds every five minutes).

I'm sure you care so much about those struggling to make ends meet, as opposed to the tyranny that is restrictions on indoor dining and clubbing.

I've driven through it a few times.
    I thought you were from Staten Island?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

You dont seem to have a grip on stats.

Gathering for a holiday causes a spike in numbers because of the number of gatherings taking place over one weekend.

You really shouldn't need this to be explained to you...

Sorry wrong post

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You took bio in elementary school!

^^ this is what elitism should look like