Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 595 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 954955455855935945955965976056456951095 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 17060
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Pretty much all of New England. I must confess I did not like NYC when I visited, too crowded and noisy. I did enjoy Tampa when I visited.
    NYC is ****ed. Commercial real estate is ****ed and businesses are leaving. I have the NHL package so I get to watch the local commercials. There's a doom and gloom one about how much tax revenue they lost because of all the people leaving. I get a kick out of it every time it plays.

Wall Street is flocking to Florida

While California's tech elite are packing up their bags for the Lone Star State, New York's financiers are trading in skyscrapers for sunshine in Florida.

Hedge fund Elliott Management is moving its headquarters to West Palm Beach. Its cochief investment officer, Jon Pollock, has reportedly been living in his West Palm Beach home during the pandemic. Charles Schwab, founder of the eponymous brokerage and asset-management giant, also relocated to Palm Beach this year, voting-registration records show.

Blackstone, the world's largest private-equity firm, headquartered on Park Avenue in Manhattan, is opening an office in Miami with plans to bring as many as 215 technology-focused jobs there. More recently, Goldman Sachs has been considering plans to shift asset-management operations out of New York, Bloomberg first reported.

Business Insider recently spoke with 13 finance and real-estate professionals about Florida's ascendant appeal amid the pandemic, many of whom described an uptick in bigger and longer office-space leases by out-of-state firms and high-end real estate inventory running low as Big Apple financiers flood the area.

Stephen Rutchik, Colliers' executive managing director of office services for the South Florida region, had told Business Insider during these talks that low taxes, warmer weather, and a low-key vibe had lured financial services firms in recent years.

But interest really popped off in July, he said, when the industry had become more comfortable with remote work. Rutchik said his team is seeing unprecedented interest, with the call volume from prospective tenants increasing "overnight" to "torrential" levels.

"We're touring hedge funds on our agency side one to three times a day," he added.
    And Cuomo still killed all the old people anyway. Great job. Give that man an award.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

It's just bizarre that you think lockdowns have no effect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I'm still all about Sweden... and Florida. Best place to be in the world right now.

Honest question, they letting you eat indoors in San Fran right now?
    Doesn’t matter where you go you’re Staten Island all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Doesn’t matter where you go you’re Staten Island all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've driven through it a few times.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

You loved that ****...

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It's just bizarre that you think lockdowns have no effect.

They have some degree of effectiveness I'm sure. Whether it actually justifies the economic disaster is another story.

You're a Cali guy right? You've been locked down for months and months and months and you finally got your big covid spike in late January.

Next you'll say the same sorry *** line about Xmas dinner as if its the only time people have eaten dinner with a few family members over the past 11 months.

They have some degree of effectiveness I'm sure. Whether it actually justifies the economic disaster is another story.

You're a Cali guy right? You've been locked down for months and months and months and you finally got your big covid spike in late January.

Next you'll say the same sorry *** line about Xmas dinner as if its the only time people have eaten dinner with a few family members over the past 11 months.
    How many prevented deaths would justify it in your mind?

NYC is ****ed. Commercial real estate is ****ed and businesses are leaving. I have the NHL package so I get to watch the local commercials. There's a doom and gloom one about how much tax revenue they lost because of all the people leaving. I get a kick out of it every time it plays.

And Cuomo still killed all the old people anyway. Great job. Give that man an award.
    I think this pandemic has accelerated the erosion of traditional job paradigms such as working 9 to 5 and having to go to the office. In the age of technology, it's becoming more apparent that people don't need to be confined to specific work hours or a specific place.

I think this will create a lot of movement from northern areas to areas with better weather.

The entire country got its biggest covid spike in january because the entire country experienced a christmas spike on top of the thanksgiving spike. I dont see what's funny about that, it's just stats. The state closed down in mid novemebr because the spikes were easily predictable and the shut down saved tens of thousands of lives.

How many prevented deaths would justify it in your mind?
    You keep saying that like it's even quantifiable. I remember months back when the politicians (both parties) were using some bs study about prevented deaths so they could pat themselves on the back for all the lives they "saved".

The entire country got its biggest covid spike in january because the entire country experienced a christmas spike on top of the thanksgiving spike. I dont see what's funny about that, it's just stats. The state closed down in mid novemebr because the spikes were easily predictable and the shut down saved tens of thousands of lives.
    California, Texas, and Florida all have nearly identical covid rates of infection per 1 million people (Texas and California 88,000 and Florida 85,000), however Florida and Texas have higher rates of death per 1 million (Texas 1,400, Florida 1,350, California 1,200).

If Florida had California's death rate, they'd have 4,000 less dead. So I guess this is a roundabout way of saying that whatever California did seems to have been more effective than whatever Texas and Florida did.

I hate to break it to you but it spreads in ways other than dinner.

Maybe. Lotta of restricted states with some pretty horrific numbers.
    And they would be significantly more horrific numbers without restrictions.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

California, Texas, and Florida all have nearly identical covid rates of infection per 1 million people (Texas and California 88,000 and Florida 85,000), however Florida and Texas have higher rates of death per 1 million (Texas 1,400, Florida 1,350, California 1,200).

If Florida had California's death rate, they'd have 4,000 less dead. So I guess this is a roundabout way of saying that whatever California did seems to have been more effective than whatever Texas and Florida did.
    We all shoulda done it the NY way. Cuomo got an Emmy.

I hate to break it to you but it spreads in ways other than dinner.
    Yes, obviously. People die in ways other than being murdered, doesnt mean we should legalize murder..

Again, its stats. When 50% of the country (both dems and Republicans) has family gatherings over 1 weekend, it's going to reflect in the stats.