Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 583 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 834835335735815825835845855936336831083 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 17303
  1. #8731
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,248
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    No, you didnít. And if you did, you were clearly terrible at the job, probably a CNA, and probably got fired for being high leading to why you started a handiman business in the middle of a global pandemic.
    This guy gets it.

  2. #8732
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    This whole thing started with nasty proclaiming we would be done with Covid in 2-5 months. And he claims to be an epidemiologist so that's proof
    No different than some of the proclamations on here that "its just the flu".

  3. #8733
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Love all the amateur epidemiologists on this thread.

    We have no stable idea yet what the long-term results of this virus and vaccine are going to be, which makes the discussion about mandatory vaccinations for school problematic at this juncture.

    Indeed, I am guessing some officials in some school districts will attempt to make vaccinations mandatory when the vaccines are widely available. Then there will be the inevitable lawsuits, and the cases will climb up the ladder (perhaps as rapidly as it did with places of worship).

    As for US herd immunity? Probably ó at least for the most widespread variant we are currently facing. We have learned a lot about this virus in a year; nevertheless, there is a lot more to learn before we can answer with any degree of certainty what permanent public measures are ultimately necessary.

    There are, however, possible dark spectres on the horizon: we may be forced to rinse and repeat because of potential mutations ó some we know of, some we may not ó for instance, there is some suggestion that the South African variant is resistant to the vaccine and may well be more deadly to a wider age-range of the population.
    Not to play epidemiologist but there is some proof that various vaccines are effective against the South African variant. Not the 90% efficacy of the more traditional virus strain but still nearly 60% for the J&J vaccine and 50% for the Novavax vaccine.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55797312

    The Moderna vaccine has shown to held up well against the South African variant.

    There is talk herd immunity at the earliest wouldn't happen in this country until 2022. That's still a long ways away and by that time, almost all of the people who will want to be vaccinated in this country will be. The hope is obviously that the more people that are vaccinated, the less chance there is at possible mutations in the future.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-09-2021 at 02:59 PM.

  4. #8734
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,571
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    The Administration is saying that after a person has the vaccine that the person still needs to mask and be socially distant. Why in your medical opinion @catman is that a step we need to take?
    Because the vaccine is not 100%

  5. #8735
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    The Administration is saying that after a person has the vaccine that the person still needs to mask and be socially distant. Why in your medical opinion @catman is that a step we need to take?
    You can still get the virus and spread it, even though you might not get sick yourself. They help prevent serious illness, but not contamination.
    I am fully vaccinated, but will continue to wear my mask until I am told it is safe to stop.

  6. #8736
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No different than some of the proclamations on here that "its just the flu".
    lol, oh man.dont buy that. I was just referencing summer, we already a few months in the year, I just threw out a 2-5 months in that context.

    These clowns stay getting smoked, that's why they gotta hold onto things like this, lol

    I've also referenced half a million dead americans when the actual exact count was closer to 450k. I think people ran with that one too, lol!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 02-09-2021 at 04:18 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #8737
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,248
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, oh man.dont buy that. I was just referencing summer, we already a few months in the year, I just threw out a 2-5 months in that context.

    These clowns stay getting smoked, that's why they gotta hold onto things like this, lol

    I've also referenced half a million dead americans when the actual exact count was closer to 450k. I think people ran with that one too, lol!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The clown getting smoked in this scenario is you. Unfortunately you are too much of a clown to either recognize or admit this.

    You threw out bogus figures that were obviously the result of incorrect guesswork, then proceeded to double down and lash out at people when they corrected you. Grow the **** up. No one respects delusional people who constantly spit BS and are incapable of ever admitting that they might be wrong.

  8. #8738
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    The clown getting smoked in this scenario is you. Unfortunately you are too much of a clown to either recognize or admit this.

    You threw out bogus figures that were obviously the result of incorrect guesswork, then proceeded to double down and lash out at people when they corrected you. Grow the **** up. No one respects delusional people who constantly spit BS and are incapable of ever admitting that they might be wrong.
    Whatever helps you, that's fine.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #8739
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,248
    It's not about "helping me". You are the one that is in desperate need of help.

  10. #8740
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,450
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    You can still get the virus and spread it, even though you might not get sick yourself. They help prevent serious illness, but not contamination.
    I am fully vaccinated, but will continue to wear my mask until I am told it is safe to stop.
    Actually very curious on this. Has it been proven one way or another on whether you are just as likely to catch and spread once vaccinated? This would fly in the face of the herd immunity discussion since youíd be just as likely to pass it on.

    My assumption was that while you still could get it (5% or so), youíd get a very mild or asymptomatic case. But most likely you would be shielded from getting and passing it on together. But I could see that they are not ready to declare that without further research into the matter so they are being conservative here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  11. #8741
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    9,931
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Actually very curious on this. Has it been proven one way or another on whether you are just as likely to catch and spread once vaccinated? This would fly in the face of the herd immunity discussion since youíd be just as likely to pass it on.

    My assumption was that while you still could get it (5% or so), youíd get a very mild or asymptomatic case. But most likely you would be shielded from getting and passing it on together. But I could see that they are not ready to declare that without further research into the matter so they are being conservative here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think they are saying that it would be like an asymptomatic person carrying it and passing it on but, because of the vaccination being so new they aren't completely sure until more people get vaccinated and we get further into it.

  12. #8742
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    7,934
    A fully vaccinated friend of mine visited today and was masked. They had been exposed at work and did not wish to spread anything to anyone.
    We are fully vaccinated where I work and are all still wearing full PPE.

  13. #8743
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,450
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    A fully vaccinated friend of mine visited today and was masked. They had been exposed at work and did not wish to spread anything to anyone.
    We are fully vaccinated where I work and are all still wearing full PPE.
    I get that part because we just donít know yet. But I havenít seen anything either to suspect that we are just as likely to spread even if you are vaccinated.

    Itís still good practice to mask when so few are vaccinated even if your chances are slim right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  14. #8744
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,886
    Thank God Gary Glitter and OJ were able to get the vaccination!

  15. #8745
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I get that part because we just donít know yet. But I havenít seen anything either to suspect that we are just as likely to spread even if you are vaccinated.

    Itís still good practice to mask when so few are vaccinated even if your chances are slim right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will continue wearing a mask until I am directed to do otherwise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •