Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 582 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 824825325725805815825835845926326821082 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 17300
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol

Now maybe you can tell me how it's not 5 months but more like 4 and ahalf.

Lets goooo spiffy!
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm not the one that pulls bogus claims out of my *** and then argues until I'm blue in the face about how "right" I am. This ain't about me being some sort of nit-picker either, it's about you constantly being full of **** and not enough of a man to ever admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Sure, if we've reached herd immunity it wouldn't make much sense.
    So if we expect to reach that in a few months, shouldn't our covid response reflect that?

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

So if we expect to reach that in a few months, shouldn't our covid response reflect that?

Do we expect tor reach that in a few months? And I have no idea what you are talking about. I haven't kept up on the day to day on this in months.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Do we expect tor reach that in a few months? And I have no idea what you are talking about. I haven't kept up on the day to day on this in months.
    Mid to late year, probably. Not likely in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Mid to late year, probably. Not likely in the next few months.
    Sounds like september or so, which is on track with the last I've heard.

Love all the amateur epidemiologists on this thread.

We have no stable idea yet what the long-term results of this virus and vaccine are going to be, which makes the discussion about mandatory vaccinations for school problematic at this juncture.

Indeed, I am guessing some officials in some school districts will attempt to make vaccinations mandatory when the vaccines are widely available. Then there will be the inevitable lawsuits, and the cases will climb up the ladder (perhaps as rapidly as it did with places of worship).

As for US herd immunity? Probably ó at least for the most widespread variant we are currently facing. We have learned a lot about this virus in a year; nevertheless, there is a lot more to learn before we can answer with any degree of certainty what permanent public measures are ultimately necessary.

There are, however, possible dark spectres on the horizon: we may be forced to rinse and repeat because of potential mutations ó some we know of, some we may not ó for instance, there is some suggestion that the South African variant is resistant to the vaccine and may well be more deadly to a wider age-range of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

We have no stable idea yet what the long-term results of this virus and vaccine are going to be, which makes the discussion about mandatory vaccinations for school problematic at this juncture.

Indeed, I am guessing some officials in some school districts will attempt to make vaccinations mandatory when the vaccines are widely available. Then there will be the inevitable lawsuits, and the cases will climb up the ladder (perhaps as rapidly as it did with places of worship).

As for US herd immunity? Probably ó at least for the most widespread variant we are currently facing. We have learned a lot about this virus in a year; nevertheless, there is a lot more to learn before we can answer with any degree of certainty what permanent public measures are ultimately necessary.

There are, however, possible dark spectres on the horizon: we may be forced to rinse and repeat because of potential mutations ó some we know of, some we may not ó for instance, there is some suggestion that the South African variant is resistant to the vaccine and may well be more deadly to a wider age-range of the population.
    This whole thing started with nasty proclaiming we would be done with Covid in 2-5 months. And he claims to be an epidemiologist so that's proof

I actually worked in health care and dealt with patients
    No, you didnít. And if you did, you were clearly terrible at the job, probably a CNA, and probably got fired for being high leading to why you started a handiman business in the middle of a global pandemic.

These mutations are another reason to push people who've been resistant to precautions to drop that penchant.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but had we (the world we) done an overall better job of containment, mutations would be less likely to generate. And, if so, more mutations could be in store. Oh joy.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

Iím no amateur *****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    These mutations are another reason to push people who've been resistant to precautions to drop that penchant.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but had we (the world we) done an overall better job of containment, mutations would be less likely to generate. And, if so, more mutations could be in store. Oh joy.
    It stands to reason that the fewer cases there are in total, the less the opportunity for mutation. So, yes, just one more place where we as a country fubarred our response.

But I guess thatís water off a duckísass now.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Iím no amateur *****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you're a professional ***** then?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

We might be able to ditch the masks by late fall.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...late_fall.html

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    This whole thing started with nasty proclaiming we would be done with Covid in 2-5 months. And he claims to be an epidemiologist so that's proof
    Exactly. I'd give my own estimate if anyone cared but so far I've relied on the words of the experts (as one should do in these situations).

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    We might be able to ditch the masks by late fall.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...late_fall.html
    The Administration is saying that after a person has the vaccine that the person still needs to mask and be socially distant. Why in your medical opinion @catman is that a step we need to take?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52