Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 579 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 794795295695775785795805815896296791079 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 17307
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    The vaccine doesnt matter, does the state require it?
    They dont require flu vaccines, obviously...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I certainly think they have the right to.

In that case, poor folks are forced to a lot of things. God bless America.

But we do, and accept that they have the ability to make and enforce those laws whether we, as individuals, agree with them or not.
    Sure, and the police have the ability to beat my *** at will ... because they can is no reason to like it

This quote exists in many different forms and I've seen it attributed to Benjamin Franklin and to Thomas Jefferson but came it to me thinking about this issue "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"

I don't want the government to force medical procedures on anyone and I don't want the government to attack people in my stead and I don't want the government to have registers of criminals who are not in prison so they can "keep track" of them and I don't want speed limits or lines on roads or stop signs or yield signs or all kinds of things that go beyond that line of "your right to swing your fist ends at my nose". But I realize that level of responsibility is too much for people to accept so I let it go. My daughter's school requiring her be vaccinated is one of those. Individually I think it's crappy, but those spikes in my liberty have been eroded.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    They dont require flu vaccines, obviously...

But students are required to get several vaccinations before they can enroll in school. Well unless they use a religious exemption. Because of course the disease doesn't infect them (and others) then.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    But students are required to get several vaccinations before they can enroll in school. Well unless they use a religious exemption. Because of course the disease doesn't infect them (and others) then.
    I know that's not what your think, but par for the course for you being a ridiculous drama queen.

How about all of those antivaxers that claim zero religious affiliation? Were they fooled into their beliefs by us moronic religious folk?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

I understand, the point im making is this whole covid situation is shaping to look much more like the flu than the measles, meaning its most likely going to be something that requires yearly vaccinations, like the flu, as opposed to something which we just vaccinate once or a few times in childhood and get lifelong immunity.

Already we are seeing many mutations of the covid.

Currently flu shots are not required by any state that I know of, and given covids similar behavior pattern as flu, I would expect it to be treated in a similar manner.

I guess an argument could be made that every student should have some.form of exposure at least once, but I dont know, that could be a tough road to go down, there's still a lot of things we dont know.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

You really just can't help yourself, can you.
    It's not enough to just politicize things that aren't political, so you need to find a way to get snarky with religion as well. Are there churches that are anti-vaccinations? Sure...most don't have their own schools.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You really just can't help yourself, can you.
    It's not enough to just politicize things that aren't political, so you need to find a way to get snarky with religion as well. Are there churches that are anti-vaccinations? Sure...most don't have their own schools.
    Then they shouldn't be allowed to attend public school (or private for the matter)

The only valid excuse is when someone can't get a vaccine due to medical reasons.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Sure, and the police have the ability to beat my *** at will ... because they can is no reason to like it

This quote exists in many different forms and I've seen it attributed to Benjamin Franklin and to Thomas Jefferson but came it to me thinking about this issue "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"

I don't want the government to force medical procedures on anyone and I don't want the government to attack people in my stead and I don't want the government to have registers of criminals who are not in prison so they can "keep track" of them and I don't want speed limits or lines on roads or stop signs or yield signs or all kinds of things that go beyond that line of "your right to swing your fist ends at my nose". But I realize that level of responsibility is too much for people to accept so I let it go. My daughter's school requiring her be vaccinated is one of those. Individually I think it's crappy, but those spikes in my liberty have been eroded.
    The spikes in your liberty are being eroded by government, yes. Anarchy allows for much more liberty. No offense, but I'm jumping here because it looks like that's where we are headed.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Then they shouldn't be allowed to attend public school (or private for the matter)

The only valid excuse is when someone can't get a vaccine due to medical reasons.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    You understand the idea of separation of church and state goes both ways, right?

The spikes in your liberty are being eroded by government, yes. Anarchy allows for much more liberty. No offense, but I'm jumping here because it looks like that's where we are headed.
    Anarchy doesn't work because of your fist and my nose. We MUST have rules. The issue I have is that we have too many and most are poorly written or poorly enforced. It would work better if we could enforce the spirit rather than the letter I suppose.

There is actual evidence that speed limits on highways and traffic signs in towns are negatives for safety. But they feel good to people. Also our constitution doesn't allow police to get someone for stupid because that requires judgement from police and we don't allow that.

You understand the idea of separation of church and state goes both ways, right?
    My religious friends who are liberal just roll their eyes at this sort of stuff. The idea that having faith (of any kind) makes you stupid, anti-science, and a bad member of society. I'm not a religious person, but I have faith in people and have seen very smart informed people who choose to have faith in a higher power anyhow. It's not needed to lead a good life but for some people it is key.

Anarchy doesn't work because of your fist and my nose. We MUST have rules. The issue I have is that we have too many and most are poorly written or poorly enforced. It would work better if we could enforce the spirit rather than the letter I suppose.

There is actual evidence that speed limits on highways and traffic signs in towns are negatives for safety. But they feel good to people. Also our constitution doesn't allow police to get someone for stupid because that requires judgement from police and we don't allow that.
    Yeah, and if the rules say that you need to vaccinate your kids to send them to public school in order to protect other students, staff, and their families then you get them vaccinated. I dabbled in the anti-vax nonsense in my early 20's being that I was super counter culture and knew everything. About 3 months later my daughter almost died after she got meningitis. Watching her seize on a table showed me exactly how much smarter I was than anyone else. If your doctor says it's safe, I beg that you have your kids vaccinated.

We agree to rules, some sensible and some non-sensical when we agree to be governed. I'm not sure what else their is to say about that without it concluding in a discussion about whether we have the right be governed at all.

My religious friends who are liberal just roll their eyes at this sort of stuff. The idea that having faith (of any kind) makes you stupid, anti-science, and a bad member of society. I'm not a religious person, but I have faith in people and have seen very smart informed people who choose to have faith in a higher power anyhow. It's not needed to lead a good life but for some people it is key.
    I'm not siding with those groups, I'm simply saying forcing someone to do things against their beliefs goes against some of what this country was founded on. But yes, I AM a religious person who considers himself a smart informed person.

I'm not siding with those groups, I'm simply saying forcing someone to do things against their beliefs goes against some of what this country was founded on. But yes, I AM a religious person who considers himself a smart informed person.
    I wasn't trying to say anything about you specifically. I just don't understand how Democrats heavily court minority groups that have huge religious populations (like the one I'm in) while telling them they are stupid for being religious. Or when a Democrat actually says the party can be inclusive of people with religious beliefs people get upset and say HELL NO!

I think we should appeal to everyone and inform them without being demeaning or dismissive.

I wasn't trying to say anything about you specifically. I just don't understand how Democrats heavily court minority groups that have huge religious populations (like the one I'm in) while telling them they are stupid for being religious. Or when a Democrat actually says the party can be inclusive of people with religious beliefs people get upset and say HELL NO!

I think we should appeal to everyone and inform them without being demeaning or dismissive.
    Which Democrat leader has told potential voters that they are stupid for being religious? Last I checked, a few atheists on a sports forum don't really speak for the Democrat party as a whole.