Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 578 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 784785285685765775785795805886286781078 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 17188
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Covid been here for a year now, how are you guys still this clueless as to what's going on?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I love it when someone tries to cover up their own inadequacies and insecurities by lashing out at others.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I love it when someone tries to cover up their own inadequacies and insecurities by lashing out at others. [emoji23]
    My explanation is 3 posts above, lol, its just legit dumbfounding that ur still this clueless as to what an epidemic actually is.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

My explanation is 3 posts above, lol, its just legit dumbfounding that ur still this clueless as to what an epidemic actually is.

Your explanation doesn't change my initial reaction one bit. Especially seeing as how the figures you provided aren't even true. Experts still aren't sure what percentage of the population needs to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity. 60-70% was the initial thought but now they think it is actually going to be significantly higher than that (somewhere in the 70-95% range).

What's truly dumbfounding is that you continue to think that you're the smartest person in every conversation you enter, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Your explanation doesn't change my initial reaction one bit. Especially seeing as how the figures you provided aren't even true. Experts still aren't sure what percentage of the population needs to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity. 60-70% was the initial thought but now they think it is actually going to be significantly higher than that (somewhere in the 70-95% range).

What's truly dumbfounding is that you continue to think that you're the smartest person in every conversation you enter, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. [emoji23]
    lol, obviously we dont know the exact specific number for this specific virus, but based on past epidemics and past studies on herd immunity we know at what ranges we can expect things. Notice I said 2 to 5 months, that's quite a range there, but im saying it because these are all generalities. It could be way longer. There's so much we dont know about covid specifically.

It's like throwing out a general number like 80% reduction in spread with mask compliance. Opposers of mask wearing might say we dont KNOW that, it's not been demonstrated and verified yet, but that doesnt mean we ignore all past science and dont even attempt to estimate things.

You really stay reaching without realizing it. Obviously I could be wrong, we dont know, we dont even know for a fact how long vaccine immunity will last, that doesnt mean we just scrap and abandon the vaccine plan. We still maneuver based on estimates and trends.

Last edited by nastynice; 02-07-2021 at 06:35 PM.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

lol, obviously we dont know the exact specific number for this specific virus, but based on past epidemics and past studies on herd immunity we know at what ranges we can expect things. Notice I said 2 to 5 months, that's quite a range there, but im saying it because these are all generalities. It could be way longer. There's so much we dont know about covid specifically.

It's like throwing out a general number like 80% reduction in spread with mask compliance. Opposers of mask wearing might say we dont KNOW that, it's not been demonstrated and verified yet, but that doesnt mean we ignore all past science and dont even attempt to estimate things.

You really stay reaching without realizing it. Obviously I could be wrong, we dont know, we dont even know for a fact how long vaccine immunity will last, that doesnt mean we just scrap and abandon the vaccine plan. We still maneuver based on estimates and trends.

What you don't seem to get is that Scoots and I were merely expressing (in a sarcastic manner) how confident, yet full of it you generally are. Your claims mean very little to those most familiar with you....and for very good reasons that have nothing to do with some sort of personal grudge, as you so desperately try to frame it. Neither of us made any sort of inference that we should just "ignore all past science and dont even attempt to estimate things" or "scrap and abandon the vaccine plan".

Have fun continuing to pretend to be some sort of an expert on this topic while spitting the most basic of related information though. I'm sure you're really impressing someone out there.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well the best parents may be choosing private schools because they are more likely to give them the successful outcome they wish as opposed to the best education. Consider private schools have 3x the grade inflation that public schools do:

https://www.nea.org/advocating-for-c...-other-experts

So yeah, the best parents are sending their kids to private schools to guarantee good grades and therefore a good college, regardless of if the kid actually earned those grades.

This is the danger of for-profit ventures, it always comes down to being about making money. In this case private schools realized they’re not actually selling education, they’re selling good enough grades to get their clients into college, so they give those out (for a fee).

This is the danger of education centered around money (as we can see from even non-profit colleges who are more concerned with profits than education which is created the student loan bubble).
    When the educators were talking about "best parents" they meant parents who were very engaged in their children's education at home and in the school, not just parents who wanted to pay for "higher grades".

And the same complaint was leveled against "specialized" public schools like schools of science or art ... that if only those public schools didn't exist the regular public schools would be better.
    Last edited by Scoots; 02-07-2021 at 07:18 PM.

What you don't seem to get is that Scoots and I were merely expressing (in a sarcastic manner) how confident, yet full of it you generally are. Your claims mean very little to those most familiar with you....and for very good reasons that have nothing to do with some sort of personal grudge, as you so desperately try to frame it. Neither of us made any sort of inference that we should just "ignore all past science and dont even attempt to estimate things" or "scrap and abandon the vaccine plan".

Have fun continuing to pretend to be some sort of an expert on this topic while spitting the most basic of related information though. I'm sure you're really impressing someone out there.
    They've been expecting to hit herd immunity somewhere by the end of summer ever since the vaccine came out, me saying 2-5 months is just in line with that, nothing special.

Best case scenario is that herd immunity is reached by sometime within the summer of '21, yet you claim it could happen by the first week of April (spoiler alert: summer doesn't begin until a whole two and a half months after that). If only it wasn't so hard for you to ever admit you were wrong, there might be a reason to talk with you beyond general comedy and pointing out how ridiculous your stances tend to be.

lol, yea, keep holding onto that one...

Its cute watching you guys tryina play gotcha..

You'll get me, dont worry [emoji846]

lmao, you even did it once when I was mentioning half a million covid deaths

lol, yea, keep holding onto that one...

Its cute watching you guys tryina play gotcha..

You'll get me, dont worry [emoji846]

You "get" yourself without anyone's assistance on a daily basis. Unfortunately, you are far too ignorant and egotistical to ever realize or admit as much.

Then why dont you feel this way about the flu vaccine?

Are you following the conversation? I've never said anything about a flu vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Are you following the conversation? I've never said anything about a flu vaccine.
    You said which vaccine doesn't matter, you support only allowing vaccinated kids go to school. But do you support that regarding flu vaccine? So every year kids going from preschool to 12th grade should have to get flu shots if they want to go to school?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So, do you think public services should be able to require those using them be citizens?

And the government requires that kids are schooled, you can't have NO school, and if you can't afford private and can't home school then you have to go to public school ... and that is force.

At any rate, I don't think people should be forced to be vaccinated in general. But I also don't think we should have helmet, seatbelt, or anti-smoking in public laws.
    I certainly think they have the right to.

In that case, poor folks are forced to a lot of things. God bless America.

But we do, and accept that they have the ability to make and enforce those laws whether we, as individuals, agree with them or not.

You said which vaccine doesn't matter, you support only allowing vaccinated kids go to school. But do you support that regarding flu vaccine? So every year kids going from preschool to 12th grade should have to get flu shots if they want to go to school?

The vaccine doesnt matter, does the state require it?