Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 577 of 821 FirstFirst ... 77477527567575576577578579587627677 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 12307
  1. #8641
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Generally, but even then most districts also have kids that cant be vaccinated. That isnt really my point though. My point is that if the government is providing a service, I think it has the right to make certain asks of those on the receiving end. Especially when other options are available. If you have to have vaccines to go to public school, no one is forcing a vaccine on anyone. Go to private school, or provide some sort of documentation from a doctor as to why that particular child cannot be vaccinated.
    No, that's insane.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  2. #8642
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,721
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, that's insane.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Well yeah....to an anti-vaxxer, wannabe epidemiologist it is.

  3. #8643
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Generally, but even then most districts also have kids that cant be vaccinated. That isnt really my point though. My point is that if the government is providing a service, I think it has the right to make certain asks of those on the receiving end. Especially when other options are available. If you have to have vaccines to go to public school, no one is forcing a vaccine on anyone. Go to private school, or provide some sort of documentation from a doctor as to why that particular child cannot be vaccinated.
    Do you feel the same about the flu vaccine?

    The initial epidemic stage of covid is nearing its end, in about 2 to 5 months outbreak will no longer be a factor we have to consider. What you're saying makes sense in the setting of an epidemic, not so much for moving forward.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #8644
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,856
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, that's insane.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    A lotta countries already work like that. Thereís a list of vaccines a child must have in order to attend a publicly funded school in Ontario and get this, we have cards that contain that information. If not, they need a doctors note. It canít be for lifestyle, religious, etc reasons. I donít know the whole list, but MMR is on there for sure. This is how you protect those that actually canít get the vaccine. They depend on herd immunity. Those measles outbreaks a couple of years ago were completely avoidable.

  5. #8645
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    A lotta countries already work like that. Thereís a list of vaccines a child must have in order to attend a publicly funded school in Ontario and get this, we have cards that contain that information. If not, they need a doctors note. It canít be for lifestyle, religious, etc reasons. I donít know the whole list, but MMR is on there for sure. This is how you protect those that actually canít get the vaccine. They depend on herd immunity. Those measles outbreaks a couple of years ago were completely avoidable.
    Sure, personally I dont support that either, but yearly vaccines are very different than these vaccines which require 1 to 3 shots in a lifetime.

    Right now flu vaccines aren't mandatory for school, if they were I would definitely oppose that.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  6. #8646
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Do you feel the same about the flu vaccine?

    The initial epidemic stage of covid is nearing its end, in about 2 to 5 months outbreak will no longer be a factor we have to consider. What you're saying makes sense in the setting of an epidemic, not so much for moving forward.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Which vaccine doesnt really matter when we are talking about the governments right to make the ask. That comes into play when I'm making the decision about whether I am making the choice to participate. I get vaccines though, I'm not a conspiracy guy.

  7. #8647
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    38,284
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Thatís not telling at all. Public Schools have to service literally tens of millions of kids, and thereís only so many resources dedicated to them. A well funded private school is naturally going to be of higher quality if it only services a few hundred kids.

    If the public schools were given the resources these private schools are, they wouldnít be worse.
    Public schools keep saying they are as good or better than private schools when the private schools get less money per student too, yet the "best parents" choose private. The arguments conflict with each other. It's part of the argument against charter schools too ... that they get better students and that's not fair to the public schools.

  8. #8648
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    38,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Odd response.

    Imagine that it did have a very direct effect on you. Would you react differently?
    You didn't quote my whole post.

  9. #8649
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    38,284
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Generally, but even then most districts also have kids that cant be vaccinated. That isnt really my point though. My point is that if the government is providing a service, I think it has the right to make certain asks of those on the receiving end. Especially when other options are available. If you have to have vaccines to go to public school, no one is forcing a vaccine on anyone. Go to private school, or provide some sort of documentation from a doctor as to why that particular child cannot be vaccinated.
    So, do you think public services should be able to require those using them be citizens?

    And the government requires that kids are schooled, you can't have NO school, and if you can't afford private and can't home school then you have to go to public school ... and that is force.

    At any rate, I don't think people should be forced to be vaccinated in general. But I also don't think we should have helmet, seatbelt, or anti-smoking in public laws.

  10. #8650
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    38,284
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Do you feel the same about the flu vaccine?

    The initial epidemic stage of covid is nearing its end, in about 2 to 5 months outbreak will no longer be a factor we have to consider. What you're saying makes sense in the setting of an epidemic, not so much for moving forward.
    Just 2-5 months from now this whole thing will be over. Nasty says so.

  11. #8651
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Just 2-5 months from now this whole thing will be over. Nasty says so.
    If nasty says so, it must be true.

  12. #8652
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Public schools keep saying they are as good or better than private schools when the private schools get less money per student too, yet the "best parents" choose private. The arguments conflict with each other. It's part of the argument against charter schools too ... that they get better students and that's not fair to the public schools.
    Well the best parents may be choosing private schools because they are more likely to give them the successful outcome they wish as opposed to the best education. Consider private schools have 3x the grade inflation that public schools do:

    https://www.nea.org/advocating-for-c...-other-experts

    So yeah, the best parents are sending their kids to private schools to guarantee good grades and therefore a good college, regardless of if the kid actually earned those grades.

    This is the danger of for-profit ventures, it always comes down to being about making money. In this case private schools realized theyíre not actually selling education, theyíre selling good enough grades to get their clients into college, so they give those out (for a fee).

    This is the danger of education centered around money (as we can see from even non-profit colleges who are more concerned with profits than education which is created the student loan bubble).
    Last edited by valade16; 02-07-2021 at 05:18 PM.

  13. #8653
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Which vaccine doesnt really matter when we are talking about the governments right to make the ask. That comes into play when I'm making the decision about whether I am making the choice to participate. I get vaccines though, I'm not a conspiracy guy.
    Then why dont you feel this way about the flu vaccine?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  14. #8654
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Just 2-5 months from now this whole thing will be over. Nasty says so.
    Well there's not gonna be a specific date that it's over, but once we hit a threshold of roughly 60-70% immunity then out break is no longer a threat. If outbreak is not a threat, then lockdowns aren't really necessary.

    It will be a slow.process, back to 100% normal could take a while. But in a few months that transition will most likely start, obviously dependent on vaccine distribution.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  15. #8655
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Just 2-5 months from now this whole thing will be over. Nasty says so.
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    If nasty says so, it must be true.
    Covid been here for a year now, how are you guys still this clueless as to what's going on?



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •