Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 576 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 764765265665745755765775785866266761076 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 17307
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    forced vaccination won't happen....not everyone CAN take it
    Yes and no. Independent of the pandemic my daughter's public school requires she be vaccinated to attend class.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Because he knows its not true. Some employers may force people to get the vaccine to continue employment but no free country is going to force their citizens to get the vaccine.
    ....but I thought Bill Gates was spearheading a new world order?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes and no. Independent of the pandemic my daughter's public school requires she be vaccinated to attend class.
    How do you feel about that?

I think I believe that vaccines should not be mandatory. But I think in order to do certain things -- perhaps like returning to school -- they probably should.

Somehow haven't read much on the issue so I don't really think I've thought about it enough. I'd imagine many people with similar political beliefs to me would argue they should be mandatory, period. But IDK.
    HELLO

They haven't started testing these vaccines on <16 yr olds
    Some people could have severe reactions to some of the ingredients in them.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

I think I believe that vaccines should not be mandatory. But I think in order to do certain things -- perhaps like returning to school -- they probably should.

Somehow haven't read much on the issue so I don't really think I've thought about it enough. I'd imagine many people with similar political beliefs to me would argue they should be mandatory, period. But IDK.
    I think if you want your kids to attend public school that it isnt at all unfair that the government ask that you do certain things in the interest of public health or to do things that protect the other students. We always have the hand over tons of cash private option for those that are interested in putting others at risk for their personal freedoms.

This pandemic has been a plus for anyone under 21..... Just order booze online no ID needed. Man where was this **** when I was in high school

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It’s funny seeing people worried about everything to do with this situation except actual Covid as if the things they’re worried about have killed over 2 million people worldwide and Covid hasn’t.
    True that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I think if you want your kids to attend public school that it isnt at all unfair that the government ask that you do certain things in the interest of public health or to do things that protect the other students. We always have the hand over tons of cash private option for those that are interested in putting others at risk for their personal freedoms.
    I forget the country I but I saw something about not allowing private education. the idea was that doing so ensures everyone’s commitment to funding and supplying quality education. Don’t really have an opinion about it but found it pretty interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

I'm okay with it as far as the direct effect on me is non-existent. I think it's an odd stance in that they are choosing to refuse school to some kids OR forcing a needle into them which I think is clearly wrong.

And this was the rule BEFORE the pandemic. The covid vaccine is certainly not required to go to school at the moment, and I would guess won't be any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    They haven't started testing these vaccines on <16 yr olds
    Some people could have severe reactions to some of the ingredients in them.
    If this is in response to my post, I did say it was independent of the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Aren't the people at risk the ones not vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I forget the country I but I saw something about not allowing private education. the idea was that doing so ensures everyone’s commitment to funding and supplying quality education. Don’t really have an opinion about it but found it pretty interesting

I've seen proposals to disallow private health care in some places with single payer, but it's always just about people on a waiting list for months seeing rich people get their procedure done the same day they are told they need it and I don't know how denying them makes anything better for everyone else.

One of the arguments for denying private schools is that "the best parents" are lost by public schools to private schools which is a pretty telling and sad situation. That public schools can see that they are driving "the best parents" to other solutions that are better but think the solution is not to get better but to get rid of the other solution. My daughters went to a special program K-3 in the public school where 4 teachers worked together and "required" parents to spend a certain amount of volunteer time so they could have additional opportunities. The principal kept trying to kill the program because it took "the best parents" because they saw all these parents volunteering while the regular classes didn't push parents to volunteer at all.

I've seen proposals to disallow private health care in some places with single payer, but it's always just about people on a waiting list for months seeing rich people get their procedure done the same day they are told they need it and I don't know how denying them makes anything better for everyone else.

One of the arguments for denying private schools is that "the best parents" are lost by public schools to private schools which is a pretty telling and sad situation. That public schools can see that they are driving "the best parents" to other solutions that are better but think the solution is not to get better but to get rid of the other solution. My daughters went to a special program K-3 in the public school where 4 teachers worked together and "required" parents to spend a certain amount of volunteer time so they could have additional opportunities. The principal kept trying to kill the program because it took "the best parents" because they saw all these parents volunteering while the regular classes didn't push parents to volunteer at all.
    That’s not telling at all. Public Schools have to service literally tens of millions of kids, and there’s only so many resources dedicated to them. A well funded private school is naturally going to be of higher quality if it only services a few hundred kids.

If the public schools were given the resources these private schools are, they wouldn’t be worse.

I'm okay with it as far as the direct effect on me is non-existent.
    Odd response.

Imagine that it did have a very direct effect on you. Would you react differently?

Aren't the people at risk the ones not vaccinated?
    Generally, but even then most districts also have kids that cant be vaccinated. That isnt really my point though. My point is that if the government is providing a service, I think it has the right to make certain asks of those on the receiving end. Especially when other options are available. If you have to have vaccines to go to public school, no one is forcing a vaccine on anyone. Go to private school, or provide some sort of documentation from a doctor as to why that particular child cannot be vaccinated.