Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 568 of 1153 FirstFirst ... 684685185585665675685695705786186681068 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 17294
  1. #8506
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    More. And people complain but then head right to Walmart and the dollar store and scoop it all up.
    Yep. You got it

  2. #8507
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    7,933
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    More. And people complain but then head right to Walmart and the dollar store and scoop it all up.
    Unfortunately, China has a manufacturing base that is able to produce goods for everyone at a cost that is less than anyone else. The quality may or may not be as good as what we produce here, but the cost is a whole lot lower. Much of our medical PPE is produced in China, but passes all the quality tests.

  3. #8508
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,058
    It's been known for years that if you want to all but shut down Walmart, shut down imports from China.
    It's also been known for years, that if you want to put a hurt on China, shut down Walmart.

    And we forget, don't do the math, or just don't care that it should be ridiculous for items made in China, often using raw materials sent from here, to be cheaper even AFTER shipping than us making it right here......and that's NOW, let alone if Biden's $15/hr minimum wage were to go through.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #8509
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    7,933
    I do not approve of shutting down any business, but we need to try to bring more manufacturing back to the US. I realize that costs of goods will increase if we do, but we will have more of our people working and more control over quality and diversity of the products.
    I appreciate the fact that many American companies have stepped up to make the PPE that we healthcare professionals need, and hope that trend continues.

  5. #8510
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,058
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I do not approve of shutting down any business, but we need to try to bring more manufacturing back to the US. I realize that costs of goods will increase if we do, but we will have more of our people working and more control over quality and diversity of the products.
    I appreciate the fact that many American companies have stepped up to make the PPE that we healthcare professionals need, and hope that trend continues.
    there's been a snowball effect......cost of living keeps going up so people need more money to keep up...increasing wages so people can keep up increases the cost of living and the cycle continues.....with the only thing breaking it or slowing it down being lowering the cost of things people need, which too often has come in the form of imports from China and Korea
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #8511
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    15,030
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Unfortunately, China has a manufacturing base that is able to produce goods for everyone at a cost that is less than anyone else. The quality may or may not be as good as what we produce here, but the cost is a whole lot lower. Much of our medical PPE is produced in China, but passes all the quality tests.
    I understand. I'm guilty too. It cost us less to buy **** at walmart than it does fix any of it too. That's also a problem.

  7. #8512
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,163
    If people are smart, they will stay home for Super Bowl Sunday this year. We are finally making some head way with this virus. It will undoubtedly spike if people decide to gather for what will probably a Chief's rout anyways.

  8. #8513
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,266
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    He's right that it sucks...but that doesn't mean it's also not 100% necessary to keep people safe.
    What if you already had the virus?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #8514
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    What if you already had the virus?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thatís is a good question. I could see exception to the rule being made for this. It would make sense


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #8515
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    7,933
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I understand. I'm guilty too. It cost us less to buy **** at walmart than it does fix any of it too. That's also a problem.
    That is, unfortunately, a fact. Chinese manufacturers can produce and ship them here for a lower cost than we can produce them. What to do about that? An important question that our leaders need to answer.

  11. #8516
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,800
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Thatís is a good question. I could see exception to the rule being made for this. It would make sense


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What happens when your antibodies arenít active and others around you have the virus?

    Like me.

    I donít have the presence of antibodies any longer. I donít know when they dropped off, but it was sometime between 2 weeks after my positive test and 2 weeks ago - about a month span.

    Itís too risky.

  12. #8517
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,896
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Fauci has been the director of the NIAID since 1984. The NIAID is one of many centers under the National Institute of Health. His center did designate 3.75mil to the Wuhan lab, but let's not pretend Fauci personally sent money to it or even that, by himself, he'd be able to get federal money designated for it. Federal monies get designate out via grant proposals that go thru many steps with many eyes on them before money is ever disbursed. Hardly the same thing as a company CEO telling an accountant he employs to cut a check.

    Whatever pay he's gotten take a look at his accomplishments, he's earned it.
    Maybe YOU should read his resume...and not something written by some hack on OAN or wherever you looked.
    This is all very reasonable. Fauci would be making millions upon millions if he retired tomorrow and went to work for some pharmaceutical company.

    If people want to look at money that should be re-evaluated, they should look at the highest paid state government employees in every state.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  13. #8518
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,197
    Protesters Disrupt Dodger Stadium Vaccinations

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/30/w...e-protest.html

  14. #8519
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,819
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    What happens when your antibodies arenít active and others around you have the virus?

    Like me.

    I donít have the presence of antibodies any longer. I donít know when they dropped off, but it was sometime between 2 weeks after my positive test and 2 weeks ago - about a month span.

    Itís too risky.
    False tests. From the latest findings, the antibody is strong and prevalent well with into an 8 maonhth period at a minimum.

    Get the vaccine man. I had covid and got the vaccine. 2nd dose coming up in 2 weeks.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  15. #8520
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,800
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    False tests. From the latest findings, the antibody is strong and prevalent well with into an 8 maonhth period at a minimum.

    Get the vaccine man. I had covid and got the vaccine. 2nd dose coming up in 2 weeks.
    Youíre claiming 8 months as a minimum when thatís not what prevailing studies state, but ok. Thereís emerging evidence to point toward long antibody life, yes. And antibody tests are fickle, yes. That doesnít change the view that itís naive to think you do not need to wear a mask after infection.

    As for the vaccine, I am not able to get it in my area yet. You probably shouldnít have been able to get it, either...unless youíre way older than I think or work in healthcare. Getting a dose yet at all is infuriating having family that are extremely high risk yet youíre frolicking about with a vaccination for something you trivialized).

    Iíll wait in line while those that need it first get it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •