Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 565 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 654655155555635645655665675756156651065 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 17181
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://twitter.com/syramadad/status...81830355283969

Let's hope it gets approved next month and they can start streamlining the process.
    Thatís fantastic news.

Iím curious how long it would take to tweak the vaccines to deal with the South African variant as well and if it can be done in one dose or would it require another set of vaccines altogether. Seems like the UK one should be good against all these vaccines still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The fact you canít see family members in the hospital is insane and beyond stupid

No they need to control the environment, I was in the hospital for 18 days in December and the hospital had a covid and non covid wing. I was in the non covid wing. Every lab tech and PA that traveled between the two wings completely cleaned on entry and exit from my room. I was tested 4 times for Covid because they wouldn't do a procedure unless you had been tested and both procedures were delayed at least 5 days because of lack of resources due to covid.

So your family walking in the halls has only downside for everyone else without contact tracing so they know where they have been and who the have been around.

My suitcase /go bag was brought to the hospital and my brother had to empty into plastic bags and take the suitcase home. I received a few Christmas gifts that were rejected ( food) and the people had to take them back.
    We did face time/duo for Christmas eve and Christmas day.

I would have been out of the hospital in 3 days in non covid times and then the second procedure would have been an overnight out patient but out patient was closed and but they didn't want to send me home because if what they thought was cause wasn't they might not have had a bed to let me back in.

Lots of people were using phones and tablets to be with family.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Dang, that's sucks. Glad to see you finally out of there..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    No they need to control the environment, I was in the hospital for 18 days in December and the hospital had a covid and non covid wing. I was in the non covid wing. Every lab tech and PA that traveled between the two wings completely cleaned on entry and exit from my room. I was tested 4 times for Covid because they wouldn't do a procedure unless you had been tested and both procedures were delayed at least 5 days because of lack of resources due to covid.

So your family walking in the halls has only downside for everyone else without contact tracing so they know where they have been and who the have been around.

My suitcase /go bag was brought to the hospital and my brother had to empty into plastic bags and take the suitcase home. I received a few Christmas gifts that were rejected ( food) and the people had to take them back.
    We did face time/duo for Christmas eve and Christmas day.

I would have been out of the hospital in 3 days in non covid times and then the second procedure would have been an overnight out patient but out patient was closed and but they didn't want to send me home because if what they thought was cause wasn't they might not have had a bed to let me back in.

Lots of people were using phones and tablets to be with family.
    He's right that it sucks...but that doesn't mean it's also not 100% necessary to keep people safe.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-prese...221410873.html

Like I said in the other thread about Fox News lying to their viewers everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-prese...221410873.html

Like I said in the other thread about Fox News lying to their viewers everyday.
    The author is right but he engaged in a hit of sensationalism himself because Christmas Day had uncharacteristically low test positivity because of the lack of testing that was done on that particular day.

He should have kept to the 7 day averages he used as well to make a clear point that would have stood on its own merits.

Yankees Farm System

I definitely don't like a lot of what dbroncos has said about Covid. But he sucked it up and got the vaccine. Which I'm happy he did. Even if he's "being hypocritical" we shouldn't mock this imo. We should want everyone to get a vaccine.

if double masking was so effective, why was it not already being said to be done last year when this started. why do doctors and nurses not double mask all the time.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

I wear my mask when I am in a public area where lots of people are around. I wear it in stores, at work, in the bank and at church. I do not wear a mask when I am walking my dog, driving my car or walking around town. I have masks in my coat pockets for use in stores etc.
    I believe that everyone should be vaccinated, as I have had and treated people with this virus and do not want to continue treating them. I do not want to get it again myself again, either. I had a mild case, but I still have some of the post-virus problems. I fatigue easier and get frequent headaches.
    Last edited by catman; 01-26-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if double masking was so effective, why was it not already being said to be done last year when this started. why do doctors and nurses not double mask all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    The author is right but he engaged in a hit of sensationalism himself because Christmas Day had uncharacteristically low test positivity because of the lack of testing that was done on that particular day.

He should have kept to the 7 day averages he used as well to make a clear point that would have stood on its own merits.

Yeah. That's right. Hemmer is a pretty good and informed reporter/host for the network usually. Once again though, what "reports" can one believe about any of these Covid stats? The data itself is inaccurate because the tests themselves and the interpretations reached with bad data as the basis are inaccurate as a result

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    True. Also true is that it is pretty hard to BREATHE with only a single mask on. Imagine if you put two of those things on. Wonder what the stats are for people who pass out or have coronary or other issues because they aren't getting enough oxygen or breathing too much CO2 because of these masks. Then also you have the real problem of your glass lenses fogging up if you are walking or worse driving with the mask on. I know it bothers the hell out of me.

I laugh watching these politicians struggle while trying to talk with these masks on. I especially enjoy Pelosi sucking in and out and struggling to breathe. I really can't say what I hope happens to this person, though

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I wear my mask when I am in a public area where lots of people are around. I wear it in stores, at work, in the bank and at church. I do not wear a mask when I am walking my dog, driving my car or walking around town. I have masks in my coat pockets for use in stores etc.
    I believe that everyone should be vaccinated, as I have had and treated people with this virus and do not want to continue treating them. I do not want to get it again myself again, either. I had a mild case, but I still have some of the post-virus problems. I fatigue easier and get frequent headaches.
    Yeah. I do pretty much the same. I do it basically because I am ordered to do it and because I don't want to make people afraid if I don't wear a mask. But it really is a pain in the *** to me and I do not believe that these masks do a lot of good to stop the virus. SOme good, sure, but as a cure-all nah

Ahh....you poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Yeah. I do pretty much the same. I do it basically because I am ordered to do it and because I don't want to make people afraid if I don't wear a mask. But it really is a pain in the *** to me and I do not believe that these masks do a lot of good to stop the virus. SOme good, sure, but as a cure-all nah
    But a cure 80% is pretty worth it, isnt it?

Leave us 20% to fight which can still be very dangerous, but still easier to deal.with. is it worth difficulty while talking? Obviously yes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train