Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 564 of 630 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574614 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 9447
    While I am not sure the worldwide numbers are accurate, the point remains that the US has done an outstanding job fubarring its response to the threat.

That said, it looks like western Europe has not done all that well either. The top major countries in terms of the percentage of the population dead are:

Belgium
    Czechia
    UK
    Italy
    USA
    Spain

Caveat: Covid-19 adversely affects older people. These countries may have a much higher number of elderly, and a lager percentage of the population.

Look whose trying to salvage her busted *** reputation. But sorry, that Trump stink is there to stay.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...461426176?s=21

People continue to have problems adjusting to a changing environment even when it has become more deadly. If this new mutation of virus proves to spread faster as well as being more dangerous than the original, we are royally screwed with people not wanting to adapt to the situation.

The government's decision to gut this pandemic out without a stay-at-home order, not saying this is wrong, coupled with the vaccination supply drying up, people inability to adapt, and general distrust of experts by some, it doesn't look so good.

I can't even condemn anymore the Trump raiders, since the court will, or the people who cuss out others for wearing a mask cause people, right or wrong, do crazy things in hard and uncertain times. Look at the horrendous time we had during the Great Depression. Social unrest and failing institutions were the norms then as well. Biden is either going to be a great president or an abysmal one. The stakes are too high and deadly for a "nothing will change leadership". That would be a sign that our leaders don't have the ability to adapt to a changing environment either.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-24-2021 at 11:23 AM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    While I am not sure the worldwide numbers are accurate, the point remains that the US has done an outstanding job fubarring its response to the threat.

That said, it looks like western Europe has not done all that well either. The top major countries in terms of the percentage of the population dead are:

Belgium
    Czechia
    UK
    Italy
    USA
    Spain

Caveat: Covid-19 adversely affects older people. These countries may have a much higher number of elderly, and a lager percentage of the population.
    True, the birth rate has been dropping in Europe, as well.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The fact you canít see family members in the hospital is insane and beyond stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís sucks but I think it is a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Itís sucks but I think it is a good decision.

by now you'd think they could be finding the way to do it...even if not being able to physically touch loved ones directly, being able to talk to them directly
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    by now you'd think they could be finding the way to do it...even if not being able to physically touch loved ones directly, being able to talk to them directly
    What do you mean by ďdirectlyĒ like from the same room? Iím guessing they can do things like video chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    True, the birth rate has been dropping in Europe, as well.
    There were some 80 million baby boomers just here in the US.....the last of them is now reaching retirement age. Back then it wasn't unusual for people to have 6+ kids, now it's highly unusual for people to have more than 2. A caveat there being....because of the baby boomer generation there's more people out there TO have those 2 kids.

Still, if the vast majority of boomers are 65+ and Covid is more fatal to those 65+, simple math tells us a large percentage of overall deaths was inevitably going to be amongst those 65+.........a quite simple reason why people 65+ get pissed when those NOT 65+ have taken this less seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What do you mean by ďdirectlyĒ like from the same room? Iím guessing they can do things like video chat.

I do mean directly like in the same room. It is so impersonal to only see someone via video chat.
    With all the plexiglass that's been used at stores, in cubicles, and everywhere else, surely they can come up with ways for people to be in the same room.

re other discussions.........plexiglass, another way we use oil

This woman is just an all around terrible person.

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/st...541850112?s=21

Bloody diarrhea....oof.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

Belgium
    Czechia
    UK
    Italy
    USA
    Spain

Yup, it's been weird. I expected places like Pakistan to get hit really hard, but they haven't. People are very aware over there. Better informed, somehow,.it doesn't even make sense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

https://www.yahoo.com/news/birx-no-f...150644526.html

Birx throwing Trump under the bus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

First, itís like shooting fish in a barrel.

Second, nothing like all the rats off a sinking ship.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

That ****ing lady praised him during his time and now she has the guts to say what she should of been saying before.