Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 539 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 394394895295375385395405415495896391039 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 17305
  1. #8071
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,883

  2. #8072
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,188
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Look, we get its a matter of who is allocated those vaccines but the point is that the FDA gave emergency approval of the Pfizer vaccine on December 12th and the US has administered over 2.3 million doses in that 17 day period. Its not a matter of supply (as they've added the Moderna vaccine in that time as well) that they can't vaccinate more people as we speak either. There's no reason why in 75 years that the logistics of distribution would have taken a step backwards.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-29-2020 at 10:38 PM.

  3. #8073
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,121
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    What is it funny? I donít know why it is worse but i think why is a good question


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #8074
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,883
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What is it funny? I donít know why it is worse but i think why is a good question


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For starters the smallpox vaccine was created 151 years before the said two week period in 1947. Secondly, the smallpox virus was around for a couple hundred years before said two week period in 1947.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  5. #8075
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,883
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Look, we get its a matter of who is allocated those vaccines but the point is that the FDA gave emergency approval of the Pfizer vaccine on December 12th and the US has administered over 2.3 million doses in that 17 day period. Its not a matter of supply (as they've added the Moderna vaccine in that time as well) that they can't vaccinate more people as we speak either. There's no reason why in 75 years that the logistics of distribution would have taken a step backwards.
    Manufacturing and global supply dude.

  6. #8076
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,188
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Manufacturing and global supply dude.
    Pfizer has already produced reportedly close to 50 million doses.

    The global administration just passed 5 million doses today.

    5 million doses to one city in a weeks time in 1945. 5 million doses to various cities worldwide in 17 days in 2020.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-29-2020 at 10:52 PM.

  7. #8077
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,883
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The global administration just passed 5 million doses today.

    5 million doses to one city in a weeks time in 1945. 5 million doses to various cities worldwide in 17 days in 2020.

  8. #8078
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,121
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    For starters the smallpox vaccine was created 151 years before the said two week period in 1947. Secondly, the smallpox virus was around for a couple hundred years before said two week period in 1947.
    Why do either of those things make it easier to vaccinate people quickly?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #8079
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,274
    iT's ThE fLu

  10. #8080
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,121
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Look, we get its a matter of who is allocated those vaccines but the point is that the FDA gave emergency approval of the Pfizer vaccine on December 12th and the US has administered over 2.3 million doses in that 17 day period. Its not a matter of supply (as they've added the Moderna vaccine in that time as well) that they can't vaccinate more people as we speak either. There's no reason why in 75 years that the logistics of distribution would have taken a step backwards.
    In the comments people talk about the prioritization of who can get the vaccine right now being a hurdler that make now different. That makes sense but I think there must be other reasons too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #8081
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,883
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why do either of those things make it easier to vaccinate people quickly?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A prior approved vaccine being manufactured by dozens of companies without going through the trial and regulations process for a virus that has been around for 100s of years. I think you're intelligent enough to connect the dots on this one.

  12. #8082
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,121
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    iT's ThE fLu
    The fluís been around awhile. This is tricky


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #8083
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,188
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    A prior approved vaccine being manufactured by dozens of companies without going through the trial and regulations process for a virus that has been around for 100s of years. I think you're intelligent enough to connect the dots on this one.
    You do realize that between Pfizer and Moderna 70 million doses for US vaccination have already been procured right? It's not a supply problem.

  14. #8084
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,879
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    For starters the smallpox vaccine was created 151 years before the said two week period in 1947. Secondly, the smallpox virus was around for a couple hundred years before said two week period in 1947.
    Actually, although the Smallpox vaccine was invented at that time, it still wasn't widely used and smallpox was still killing roughly 2 million people per year until modern efforts in the 1940's/1950's to eradicate Smallpox.

    And that makes sense, because if the vaccine had eradicated smallpox 151 years before then what need was there for 5 million people in NYC to get a vaccine in 1947?

  15. #8085
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,965
    The congressman elect from Louisiana's 5th district, a man in his forties, has died of COVID. It's disappointing but we all know this won't force Republicans to start taking the disease seriously. Even after it hits their own.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •