Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 539 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 394394895295375385395405415495896391039 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 17305

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Look, we get its a matter of who is allocated those vaccines but the point is that the FDA gave emergency approval of the Pfizer vaccine on December 12th and the US has administered over 2.3 million doses in that 17 day period. Its not a matter of supply (as they've added the Moderna vaccine in that time as well) that they can't vaccinate more people as we speak either. There's no reason why in 75 years that the logistics of distribution would have taken a step backwards.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-29-2020 at 10:38 PM.

What is it funny? I donít know why it is worse but i think why is a good question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What is it funny? I donít know why it is worse but i think why is a good question

For starters the smallpox vaccine was created 151 years before the said two week period in 1947. Secondly, the smallpox virus was around for a couple hundred years before said two week period in 1947.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Look, we get its a matter of who is allocated those vaccines but the point is that the FDA gave emergency approval of the Pfizer vaccine on December 12th and the US has administered over 2.3 million doses in that 17 day period. Its not a matter of supply (as they've added the Moderna vaccine in that time as well) that they can't vaccinate more people as we speak either. There's no reason why in 75 years that the logistics of distribution would have taken a step backwards.
    Manufacturing and global supply dude.

Manufacturing and global supply dude.
    Pfizer has already produced reportedly close to 50 million doses.

The global administration just passed 5 million doses today.

5 million doses to one city in a weeks time in 1945. 5 million doses to various cities worldwide in 17 days in 2020.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-29-2020 at 10:52 PM.

The global administration just passed 5 million doses today.

5 million doses to one city in a weeks time in 1945. 5 million doses to various cities worldwide in 17 days in 2020.

For starters the smallpox vaccine was created 151 years before the said two week period in 1947. Secondly, the smallpox virus was around for a couple hundred years before said two week period in 1947.
    Why do either of those things make it easier to vaccinate people quickly?

iT's ThE fLu

In the comments people talk about the prioritization of who can get the vaccine right now being a hurdler that make now different. That makes sense but I think there must be other reasons too

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why do either of those things make it easier to vaccinate people quickly?

A prior approved vaccine being manufactured by dozens of companies without going through the trial and regulations process for a virus that has been around for 100s of years. I think you're intelligent enough to connect the dots on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    iT's ThE fLu
    The fluís been around awhile. This is tricky

A prior approved vaccine being manufactured by dozens of companies without going through the trial and regulations process for a virus that has been around for 100s of years. I think you're intelligent enough to connect the dots on this one.
    You do realize that between Pfizer and Moderna 70 million doses for US vaccination have already been procured right? It's not a supply problem.

Actually, although the Smallpox vaccine was invented at that time, it still wasn't widely used and smallpox was still killing roughly 2 million people per year until modern efforts in the 1940's/1950's to eradicate Smallpox.

And that makes sense, because if the vaccine had eradicated smallpox 151 years before then what need was there for 5 million people in NYC to get a vaccine in 1947?

The congressman elect from Louisiana's 5th district, a man in his forties, has died of COVID. It's disappointing but we all know this won't force Republicans to start taking the disease seriously. Even after it hits their own.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085