Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 536 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 364364865265345355365375385465866361036 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 17227
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    This is a serious question from someone who has never believed in a religion, if you believe what your religion teaches why wouldnít you live the actions it requires?...Iím curious because this is one of the things about religion that has always baffled me. From the outside, this seems common to me but Iíve never heard anyone expressly state it the way you did.
    Earlier I noted the difference between theism and religion. Perhaps that might give a clue. Mind you, this is academic speculation on my part (I neither believe nor participate in organized religious activity).

Theism is internal belief on the part of the individual in a kind of god or gods that maintains some form of relationship with humans.

Religion is external, communal, and organizational ó essentially the administration of the practices, doctrines, and rituals that have evolved in relation to that belief for groups of like-minded theists (some of which I suppose are required ó baptism for Christians ó and some which are not necessarily required, like going to church every week, confession, etc.).

So, one could, I suppose, believe in the basic doctrines but still not practice exactly as the organized church says I ought to do.

So, I guess one can call oneself religious without practicing fully, if at all.
    Last edited by Crovash; 12-26-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I love the outrage you have about laws some 21-year-old-teenager broke in a different country. Itís adorable.
    It is funny how some decide when law and order gets applied.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    This is a serious question from someone who has never believed in a religion, if you believe what your religion teaches why wouldnít you live the actions it requires? Isnít that like knowing youíre going to hell, knowing the path to heaven and choosing the path to hell? Iím curious because this is one of the things about religion that has always baffled me. From the outside, this seems common to me but Iíve never heard anyone expressly state it the way you did.
    This makes no sense.

We also know if we go to school and graduate top of the class and get into ivy league and graduate top of the class it will set us up for a better future. Doesnt mean every action we take in our life is in line with that. Life is tough, we pick and choose what things we want to do and we live with the consequences.

Sometimes I wanna study over the weekend, sometimes i wanna party. Even tho im aware what career benefit can come from studying.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 12-26-2020 at 08:45 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

His time here has shown heís going to pick and choose whateverís convenient for his life at the moment he cares about...whatever.
    Yes obviously. What else would I do? Pick whats inconvenient for me?? lol

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes obviously. What else would I do? Pick whats inconvenient for me?? lol

You could maybe try having some sort of morals, some sort of consistency with your opinions, some sort of intellectual integrity, or even just some sort of guiding principle in life outside of "I'll justify anything if it brings me some sort of pleasure".

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You could maybe try having some sort of morals, some sort of consistency with your opinions, some sort of intellectual integrity, or even just some sort of guiding principle in life outside of "I'll justify anything if it brings me some sort of pleasure".

This.

This.
    Oh good. Was about to make a "I don't mean to speak for debo" post.

Aw how cute [emoji846]

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh good. Was about to make a "I don't mean to speak for debo" post.
    Hell, I donít mean to speak for debo half the time.

The bigger travesty is that pizza.
    That is a crime worthy of losing oneís citizenship.