Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 518 of 734 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520528568618 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 11004
  1. #7756
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Gee. My best friend and his wife and youngest son got covid last week and are still suffering with it. All three were hospitalized. They all did the precautions, my friend most of all because he had heart issues and high blood sugar to worry about also. THEY DID EVERYTHING they told them to do and they ALL GOT SICK. Guess what? Rachel and their son had to WORK in real jobs. They couldn't just STAY AT HOME and HIDE UNDER A respirator hoping that the boogeyman didn't get them!!
    This is fundamentally where you clearly donít understand this topic. This is a public health problem not a personal responsibility problem. If you have Covid, you are randomly firing this virus into your surroundings like a blind drunk person with a gun without knowing it and without the people around you knowing it. You are potentially hurting other people with your choice not to holster your virus gun. Masks arenít virus bullet proof vests, they are virus holsters. Your friends got sick not because they didnít do the right thing, they got sick because other people didnít do the right thing. Choosing to wear a mask or not wear a mask isnít making decisions about your health, itís making decisions about other peopleís health. Itís not a question of your freedoms itís about other peopleís health. And the reason why mask mandates havenít worked is because people are too selfish or emotionally fragile to follow the mandate even though their choices are most likely to hurt other people.
    Last edited by GasMan; 12-12-2020 at 09:32 AM.

  2. #7757
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,741
    Eating a good balanced diet can prevent a lot of disease, but not all of it.

    Masks are similar- a method of preventing disease that won't prevent all of it.
    A friend of mine had been very diligent- worked from home, washed his hands, wore a mask at the store...got Covid anyway. When they did contact tracing they talked to someone who had seen him and remembered seeing him rub his eyes a few times. So, as diligent as he was he hadn't realized he'd done that...apparently after touching something on the shelf a positive person had just touched.

    But just because masks aren't the end all in prevention doesn't mean they're not a substantial step in that direction.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #7758
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    How do you know what the people in Wyoming or South Dakota are doing or how they think compared to a state like Vermont and whether what Vermont does in dealing with the virus is somehow better than the other states? What proof do you have? Thats the problem with all of the generalization crap.
    But this here deranged old assclump from Southern California knows.

    No doubt Iíll take his word over anyone elses.

  4. #7759
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    This is fundamentally where you clearly donít understand this topic. This is a public health problem not a personal responsibility problem. If you have Covid, you are randomly firing this virus into your surroundings like a blind drunk person with a gun without knowing it and without the people around you knowing it. You are potentially hurting other people with your choice not to holster your virus gun. Masks arenít virus bullet proof vests, they are virus holsters. Your friends got sick not because they didnít do the right thing, they got sick because other people didnít do the right thing. Choosing to wear a mask or not wear a mask isnít making decisions about your health, itís making decisions about other peopleís health. Itís not a question of your freedoms itís about other peopleís health. And the reason why mask mandates havenít worked is because people are too selfish or emotionally fragile to follow the mandate even though their choices are most likely to hurt other people.
    That's pretty ignorant really. This entire state has been under strict scrutiny of following mask rules, social distancing, closing businesses down,e tc. To say that the people are getting ill because others are "doing the right thing" is ********. You don't know that. Hell no you don't know that. You say it because that is what jerks like Cuomo and the idiot governors of Illinois and California tell you with their pompous elite my **** doesn't stink attitudes.

    People have worn these stupid masks and the virus has spread like **** through a goose. The virus spreads and will not be stopped until a vaccine or medicine stops it. In the meantime a small number of people will be killed. Big wow.

  5. #7760
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    But this here deranged old assclump from Southern California knows.

    No doubt Iíll take his word over anyone elses.
    Still waiting on what these everso quirky people in Vermont do to protect themselves than the cowboy in Wyoming does. Do you think that the Laramie Kid riding herd and roping doggies needs to wear the same mask that the apple cobler in Vermont does? Or does the cowpoke need mask Trigger too before loping into town to have a sassperilla

  6. #7761
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Still waiting on what these everso quirky people in Vermont do to protect themselves than the cowboy in Wyoming does. Do you think that the Laramie Kid riding herd and roping doggies needs to wear the same mask that the apple cobler in Vermont does? Or does the cowpoke need mask Trigger too before loping into town to have a sassperilla
    Failed as a Hollywood screenwriter, eh?

  7. #7762
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    That's pretty ignorant really. This entire state has been under strict scrutiny of following mask rules, social distancing, closing businesses down,e tc. To say that the people are getting ill because others are "doing the right thing" is ********. You don't know that. Hell no you don't know that. You say it because that is what jerks like Cuomo and the idiot governors of Illinois and California tell you with their pompous elite my **** doesn't stink attitudes.

    People have worn these stupid masks and the virus has spread like **** through a goose. The virus spreads and will not be stopped until a vaccine or medicine stops it. In the meantime a small number of people will be killed. Big wow.
    Most people are wearing masks and its still spreading. Can you imagine how fast it would spread without masks?

    Actually, you dont have to. In late march that's exactly what happened, and the cases and deaths had a double time of about 3 days.

    Meaning if today 3,000 people died, in 3 days 6,000 will, in another 3 days 12,000 will. How do we know this? Because we have graphs from march and april which show this trend.

    So the masks are currently working extremely effectively. Our growth rate is nowhere near what it would be with no masks.

    You are extremely ignorant, you have to educate yourself a little bit on this topic, you are currently just too ignorant to understand what is actually going on right now. Just like President Trump. He is too ignorant to understand he was the number one factor in hurting his economy by pushing this idiotic anti mask agenda.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #7763
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,758
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Most people are wearing masks and its still spreading. Can you imagine how fast it would spread without masks?

    Actually, you dont have to. In late march that's exactly what happened, and the cases and deaths had a double time of about 3 days.

    Meaning if today 3,000 people died, in 3 days 6,000 will, in another 3 days 12,000 will. How do we know this? Because we have graphs from march and april which show this trend.

    So the masks are currently working extremely effectively. Our growth rate is nowhere near what it would be with no masks.

    You are extremely ignorant, you have to educate yourself a little bit on this topic, you are currently just too ignorant to understand what is actually going on right now. Just like President Trump. He is too ignorant to understand he was the number one factor in hurting his economy by pushing this idiotic anti mask agenda.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The disease is spreading because the ****ing idiots out there that think they shouldnít have to wear a mask so theyíre either refusing to cooperate or are doing the ďcovering my mouth but leaving my nose exposedĒ bull****. The people who are refusing to follow the rules are screwing things up for everyone else. The ones who mistake slight regulation for government tyranny are to blame.

  9. #7764
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The disease is spreading because the ****ing idiots out there that think they shouldnít have to wear a mask so theyíre either refusing to cooperate or are doing the ďcovering my mouth but leaving my nose exposedĒ bull****. The people who are refusing to follow the rules are screwing things up for everyone else. The ones who mistake slight regulation for government tyranny are to blame.
    Everything is a risk. Wearing masks lowers that risk significantly, but it doesn't prevent anything. Even with 100% compliance this thing would not be eradicated. However, with higher compliance the economy can stay more open.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #7765
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    That's pretty ignorant really. This entire state has been under strict scrutiny of following mask rules, social distancing, closing businesses down,e tc. To say that the people are getting ill because others are "doing the right thing" is ********. You don't know that. Hell no you don't know that. You say it because that is what jerks like Cuomo and the idiot governors of Illinois and California tell you with their pompous elite my **** doesn't stink attitudes.

    People have worn these stupid masks and the virus has spread like **** through a goose. The virus spreads and will not be stopped until a vaccine or medicine stops it. In the meantime a small number of people will be killed. Big wow.
    I never thought I would be defending the mayor of Chicago and our governor but they are doing a damn good job with this pandemic. We aren't experiencing the deadly uptick, as in setting new records for inflection or deaths, that other states are experiencing.

    Your wish for a revolution from another thread is crazy because you would kiss our dominance in the world goodbye as well as your standard of living that you enjoy now.

    You are so nutty to wish for something that won't be pretty. Think of the civil war casualties before you start wishing for it to happen again. Silly, irrational person.
    Last edited by WES445; 12-12-2020 at 02:24 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  11. #7766
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,054
    Sweet Lord in Heaven, how many fools are out there who want a civil war while staring at their weapon cabinets?
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  12. #7767
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,741
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Sweet Lord in Heaven, how many fools are out there who want a civil war while staring at their weapon cabinets?
    there aren't enough guns to shoot 'em all

    ....wait...

    Never understood the term- there is nothing civil about a war
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #7768
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Still waiting on what these everso quirky people in Vermont do to protect themselves than the cowboy in Wyoming does. Do you think that the Laramie Kid riding herd and roping doggies needs to wear the same mask that the apple cobler in Vermont does? Or does the cowpoke need mask Trigger too before loping into town to have a sassperilla
    You have a very cartoonish impression of this country. People in Vermont are following the rules, people in Wyoming not so much.

  14. #7769
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    That's pretty ignorant really. This entire state has been under strict scrutiny of following mask rules, social distancing, closing businesses down,e tc. To say that the people are getting ill because others are "doing the right thing" is ********. You don't know that. Hell no you don't know that. You say it because that is what jerks like Cuomo and the idiot governors of Illinois and California tell you with their pompous elite my **** doesn't stink attitudes.

    People have worn these stupid masks and the virus has spread like **** through a goose. The virus spreads and will not be stopped until a vaccine or medicine stops it. In the meantime a small number of people will be killed. Big wow.
    300,000 is what you consider to be a small number?

  15. #7770
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,442

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •