Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 516 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 164164665065145155165175185265666161016 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 17065
  1. #7726
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Not really.

    The three states in question are comparable in population and demographics (mostly rural in fact, the Dakotas, by virtue of being even less dense, should be safer).

    In predominantly rural states under 1,500,000 population, here are the Covid-19 deaths per 1 million population.

    Vermont: 138
    Maine: 183
    Alaska: 204
    New Hampshire: 419
    Wyoming: 517
    South Dakota: 1297
    North Dakota: 1417
    And why exactly are we worried like hell about those number of deaths? Especially since all of the comingling of the causes of death has happened. I have talked with several hospital ER and other nursing personnel and virtually all causes of death reported by their hospitals names COVID as the cause of death despite evidence of heart disease, cancer, car accidents, seizures, strokes, etc. Its all because the hospitals are getting big time money from the government by responding with their data in this way. Its all ******** statistics.

  2. #7727
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Future generations will look at the staggering amount of daily dead and wonder "how could people have thought it was OK to do nothing?". Imagine how ridiculous the answer "because we didn't think it was that big a deal" will look then.
    Yeah. All of the those people who died of "covid" and how few died of heart attacks, cancer, flu, diabetes, car accidents, gun shots, lung disease, liver failure, renal failure, et al. Amazing how the world could reduce all of those other deaths by so much while covid was just a nut that couldn't be cracked, huh?

  3. #7728
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,110
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Future generations will look at the staggering amount of daily dead and wonder "how could people have thought it was OK to do nothing?". Imagine how ridiculous the answer "because we didn't think it was that big a deal" will look then.
    Gives one hope if/when the full force of climate change comes. Our esteem politicians will probable make that a political football as well. "It's my personal right to stay in my beachfront home as it floods" will be their rallying cry.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  4. #7729
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Yeah. All of the those people who died of "covid" and how few died of heart attacks, cancer, flu, diabetes, car accidents, gun shots, lung disease, liver failure, renal failure, et al. Amazing how the world could reduce all of those other deaths by so much while covid was just a nut that couldn't be cracked, huh?
    Actually a comparison of the average number of deaths in all those areas shows that the total number of people in the US who have died this past year has exceeded the normal yearly average of deaths in the US by essentially the amount of people who have died of covid.

    It's actually one of the strongest pieces of evidence regarding the number of covid deaths in the US.

    For example, from January 2019 to June 2019 roughly 1,443,000 people died in the US. From January to June 2020 the number of people who died was 1,626,000. So 183,000 more people died in the first half of 2020 than did the first half of 2019. The number of Covid dead in June 2020 in the US was 120,000.

    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/p...nal-tables.htm

    So if anything, even more people have died of Covid than our official count.

  5. #7730
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,758
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So you think if we didnt have a flu vacvine,3,500 people would be dying from it every day?

    Wager?

    We gotta bet on something man, I need a crack at that $15k.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'll take you up on that in a heartbeat. But to be fair, I hope you know you will lose the bet the second it is a contract. We already have evidence that the flu without a vaccine can kill much more than 3500/day.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  6. #7731
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I'll take you up on that in a heartbeat. But to be fair, I hope you know you will lose the bet the second it is a contract. We already have evidence that the flu without a vaccine can kill much more than 3500/day.
    Before I start explaining to you how you're wrong, let's get the wager in..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #7732
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Gives one hope if/when the full force of climate change comes. Our esteem politicians will probable make that a political football as well. "It's my personal right to stay in my beachfront home as it floods" will be their rallying cry.
    I remember fat Al Gore, the inventor of the internet(sic), waxing poetic about how the west coast of California disappearing into Arizona when the world's ice caps all melt in ten years. That was what, 25 or so years ago now? Didn't stop Fat Al, though, from divorcing is wifey, marrying a younger bimbo and buying a multi-million dollar home in I think Malibu

  8. #7733
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,758
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Before I start explaining to you how you're wrong, let's get the wager in..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Fair enough. I'll PM you the third party information tomorrow.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  9. #7734
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Somehow I envision people doing a load of very physical work requiring close contact with others doing the same as having a higher incidence of getting ill than compared to some geriatric former bank executives and government officials whose hardest part of their work day is getting off of the couch and picking a few apples off of the ground.
    Have you ever been to New Hampshire, Vermont or Maine? It's a lot more like South Dakota and Wyoming than you think. Plenty of blue collar nose to the grindstone people living there. Its an ideological choice that has caused the great disparity in cases and deaths. Its pretty obvious too when you have that idiot Kristi Noem (the ardent supporter of Trump and idiot governor of SD) saying that Covid is not a respiratory illness when it clearly is.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-11-2020 at 03:14 AM.

  10. #7735
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Fair enough. I'll PM you the third party information tomorrow.
    Omg I'm so excited!

    I gotta go drop a deuce real quick..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #7736
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,032

  12. #7737
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,016
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Have you ever been to New Hampshire, Vermont or Maine? It's a lot more like South Dakota and Wyoming than you think. Plenty of blue collar nose to the grindstone people living there. Its an ideological choice that has caused the great disparity in cases and deaths. Its pretty obvious too when you have that idiot Kristi Noem (the ardent supporter of Trump and idiot governor of SD) saying that Covid is not a respiratory illness when it clearly is.
    I started, early on, defending Noem's response- basically letting communities choose how to handle things, which most did well this spring....but she has become more and more Trumpish as this year has gone on. My 'favorite' was just a couple weeks or so ago when she said 'We should not disrespect people who choose not to wear a mask'.

    Her grandmother died in a nursing home a few weeks ago. Not a surprise, she was 98. But Noem made a point of saying she hadn't tested positive for Covid. OK..but she was one of now nearly 20 having died in a nursing home with only about 50 in it, a nursing home that had had 0 positives until a few weeks ago. What are the chances grandma wasn't infected?

    Not Covid, but Noem-related, too...she has joined in the lawsuit regarding the election and, another favorite, has earmarked taxpayers money to pursue a lawsuit to call an amendment unconstitutional that voters just passed legalizing marijuana.

    My mother never liked her years ago, I had grown to think maybe she was alright...until this summer. Mother Knows Best.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #7738
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Have you ever been to New Hampshire, Vermont or Maine? It's a lot more like South Dakota and Wyoming than you think. Plenty of blue collar nose to the grindstone people living there. Its an ideological choice that has caused the great disparity in cases and deaths. Its pretty obvious too when you have that idiot Kristi Noem (the ardent supporter of Trump and idiot governor of SD) saying that Covid is not a respiratory illness when it clearly is.
    Come-on man. Be serious. Vermont is nothing like South Dakota and Wyoming. South Dakota and Wyoming are the epitome of large scale heavy work like oil drilling, fracking, large scale farming, cattle ranching, meat packing, etc. Vermont is the home of the Vermont "Teddy Bears", apple picking, bucolic settings where people play rural farmers,e tc. Its a very "nice" state. Never find a cowboy in Vermont.

  14. #7739
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,162
    Last edited by Crovash; 12-11-2020 at 02:44 PM.

  15. #7740
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Come-on man. Be serious. Vermont is nothing like South Dakota and Wyoming. South Dakota and Wyoming are the epitome of large scale heavy work like oil drilling, fracking, large scale farming, cattle ranching, meat packing, etc. Vermont is the home of the Vermont "Teddy Bears", apple picking, bucolic settings where people play rural farmers,e tc. Its a very "nice" state. Never find a cowboy in Vermont.
    They don't play rural farmers and there is a lot of hard blue collar work done in those areas. That's how many of those people survive because there are few populated cities. Clearly, you've never been the Northeast United States. It's not that it matters. The reason why the numbers are much lower in those states is because they respect the virus and how it spreads. That's not the case in Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota. There is no reason why those states should have a COVID problem. Their populations are sparse and Wyoming for example is 98,000 square miles in total area. You have to be intentionally not taking the proper precautions to have that type of spread.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-11-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •