Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 334 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I think there's 2 parts of this "Listening to the experts" take, and you are highlighting just 1 part to help your defense.

While sure the science part of the disease has changed, making many statements made by scientist contradictory in many realms. I believe what many others are referring to was 1 and only 1 simple message coming from the scientist as early as January, which was "THIS IS COMING, PREPARE TO DEAL WITH IT."

That message was pretty well known to be ignored for weeks leading up to the March 16th "15-day plan."
    But Fauci also concurred that it would not be a big deal un the US.

There is plenty pf blame to go around. And you can start with China.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    We can.

Just look at the point we are at and unite on that. Pulling apart everything trump says doesn't help. Going agaunst everything Trump does doesn't help.

Everyone needs to pull together.

Why do almost all the governors/mayors open/do no open points of view seem to fall i strictly on party lines? It's like "don't worry about the economy, just get Trump." And all those people wanting to keep the shut down in effect…they all get paid their top dollar salaries/benefits. They're not losing anything. People are more afraid of their income and future than they are of the virus.

Reps want to re-convene congress, dems do not because of the virus. It was recommended having the congressionals use whatever the quickie test is and the dems come back with they don't want to take the machines away from thew general public. Really…20-30 machines out of the stock pile would have done the job and they come up with that? They don't want to go back. They want this mess to continue because it looks bad for the admin and dem followers are too stupid to figure that out.
    Trump is supposed to be a leader. He’s done nothing but divide his entire public career, long before the presidency. He’s a big part of this.

We need Reagan v Soviet leadership. W after 9/11. For all their flaws, they didn’t come out everyday and attack half the country for not agreeing with them. They called for unity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fauci is 1 person. His words do not excuse any of the actions taken by our administration leading up to March 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah they just “went to the beach”. No big deal bruh

I’m tired of the constant boneheaded ignorance our citizens willfully show in the face of experts. Health officials provided guidance on how to approach this and avoid overloading our healthcare system. “But I want to go to the beach”.

It’s no different than climatologists presenting findings and advice based on decades of research only so some big dumb noncontributor can yell “hoax” in their face.

We are so so dumb.
    But we don't KNOW what the best thing to do is. There are no experts in the whole situation, there are experts in parts of it, and unsurprisingly they don't all agree.

The perfect solution would be, I suppose, to have perfect and instant tests for every person entering the country, and every person in the country having full hazmat suits they can live in from the moment the first person was diagnosed. But those are not PRACTICAL solutions even if they are optimal from the perspective of minimizing deaths. The other extreme is we all get together and cough on each other. There is a LOT of room in between and it's all compromise.

If Trump invented the cure you'd turn into an anti-vaxxer.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    A mutant coronavirus has emerged, even more contagious than the original, study says

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-...ys/ar-BB13CHNP
    Yeah...it emerged in February and infected Europe and NYC.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Until the people who are risking their lives to study this come back and tell us the best way to handle.

I mean I get it. A depression will kill people too. There are enormous ramifications for shutting everything down this long. But if we open too soon then we get another wave, hospitals are overloaded, people with treatable conditions miss out because everyone is shifted to emergency covid care....the directive has to come from researchers and medical professionals, not stockholders.

This feels like a bad cliche sci-fi movie where nobody listens to the scientists and then we all get eaten by zombies.
    If you acknowledge that a depression kills people then you can't just off-hand dismiss it and in the next breath talk about people's health like it's an either/or function.

The reality is that a lot of us have been working the whole time, and the vast majority of people have been careful and following the guidelines. But every time someone who IS suffering complains a bunch of people who are either comfortable or afraid calls them stupid and idiots from their safe perch on the TV or on the internet.

It is reasonable to want people to be safe and not get sick and not die. It is ALSO reasonable to want to live your life the way you want to live it. It's the balance between them that is tricky. But the reality is that we casually accept that every day in countless ways by just not thinking about it too much ... until this, where the panic about it has been inescapable. I'm in no way trying to say Corona is not a problem, but I am saying people can't think rationally about it any more ... either the ones who want everyone sealed in a bubble or the ones who want there to be no restrictions ... rational thought about it is in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I'm talking about protections for people who will be forced to return to work, people that have conditions or illnesses that make them vunerablento theis disease. I know I know they arent forced. They could just quit and starve.

The economic pain isnt going to magically vanish because we re-open. You are going to find a large swath of the population that voluntarily continue stay at home. As hot spots form around the country, some places will have to go back into lockdown. I have yet to see anything that says that this doesnt just prolong the suffering. I have yet to really see any argument short of sacrifice people for the economy or we are really really bored because we cant golf.
    Nobody is going to be forced to go back to work.

The issue is "no one is perfect" is used to deflect criticism and blame while also often denying we should listen to experts/Fauci etc. because they are not perfect. The issue is the levels to which.

Being largely right about this pandemic and changing over time based on new data available and so on is an example of no one is perfect. That is still following science

Making this political to downplay it/it will go away and attacking others while having guidelines then riling people up with his BS tweets against following them etc. is not just an example of no one if perfect. It is a consistent behavior from the POTUS that should not just be ignored and is not still following/based on science. It's based on him/his team winning over and over and over.

Really? What did he say and when?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    He could have nailed it by just telling the truth. Flips is right, he wasted a massive opportunity politically. As sick as it sounds, this is what politicians live for. He could have put his face on mt. Rushmore and bungled it to high holy hell.
    Nah ... there was no "truth" for him to tell. There were times he said things that were false no question, but he didn't have the "true" answers available to him any more than the rest of us back in January and February.

Honestly, he's done enough since he started running for prez that the majority of his non-supporters are not going to accept/follow what he says no matter what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    If Trump invented the cure you'd turn into an anti-vaxxer.
    I hope we find out bc if someone does invent a cure you know Trump will take credit for it

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Anyone who is trying to discourage things like social distancing needs to understand they are culpable in the further spread. If a news network like Fox does that, then they should be legally held accountable.
    Did that actually happen?

I'm not sure what you would charge them with and how you would prove intent unless they were REALLY stupid in the way they said it.

The US handled the thing like the rest of the western world.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I hope we find out bc if someone does invent a cure you know Trump will take credit for it

Hey, still think everyone's in agreement over reopening?