Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 1056 FirstFirst ... 3456715551055051005 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    For doing their job?
    Members of Congress who still can’t pass a simple bill to fund more money for small businesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Can we all agree on this?

https://twitter.com/claytravis/statu...807508480?s=21

My initial thought is that I certainly wouldn't shed any tears. However, if this had a negative impact on our country's coronavirus response, I'd be against it. Tough to say overall.

Members of Congress who still can’t pass a simple bill to fund more money for small businesses

A simple bill isn’t on the table, and I wouldn’t hold my breath given literally hundreds of bills are stalled due to politicians being politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    My initial thought is that I certainly wouldn't shed any tears. However, if this had a negative impact on our country's coronavirus response, I'd be against it. Tough to say overall.
    My take is that they should reduce their pay like many executives are at companies but still be paid. They are working after all.

Makes sense.

I wish that people would actually follow the precautions they’re supposed to follow. Some people have a lot of hope for being able to “get over” COVID-19.

I work in a grocery store in a town that is very representative of large physical areas of the is (hyper-Christian, hyper-Conservative, very Midwestern with boundaries). Nobody is social distancing. People literally hugging people they haven’t seen in a few weeks because of social distancing measures. People ignoring social distancing to grab whatever item they want on shelves. People moving masks off of their face to talk on the phone or with store associates.

While we’ve finally started to do some of what we’re supposed to, people’s stupidity and ignorance is going to continue to kill people until we shut things down more seriously.

I wish all stores except grocery stores were closed, and grocery stores were closed to the public and would serve as a personal shopper for everyone. You’d get an assigned time to pick up goods once a week or every two weeks. Otherwise, you are locked in the confines of your property. Those kind of measures would truly save lives. And the economic burden would be just a blip in history. We’d recover - we always do.

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I wish that people would actually follow the precautions they’re supposed to follow. Some people have a lot of hope for being able to “get over” COVID-19.

I work in a grocery store in a town that is very representative of large physical areas of the is (hyper-Christian, hyper-Conservative, very Midwestern with boundaries). Nobody is social distancing. People literally hugging people they haven’t seen in a few weeks because of social distancing measures. People ignoring social distancing to grab whatever item they want on shelves. People moving masks off of their face to talk on the phone or with store associates.

While we’ve finally started to do some of what we’re supposed to, people’s stupidity and ignorance is going to continue to kill people until we shut things down more seriously.

I wish all stores except grocery stores were closed, and grocery stores were closed to the public and would serve as a personal shopper for everyone. You’d get an assigned time to pick up goods once a week or every two weeks. Otherwise, you are locked in the confines of your property. Those kind of measures would truly save lives. And the economic burden would be just a blip in history. We’d recover - we always do.
    I don’t think I can argue with much of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Which is exactly why I think it is smart to be over aggressive with these SIP measures: the average person is too stupid to even pretend to properly protect themselves and those around them without there being stringent measures in place. Hell, even with them, people are still being short-sighted af about all of this.

I'm glad we don't have the entrances and exits to our homes being welded shut like happened in China but there has to be a better middle ground than what we are currently seeing.

Supporting public safety measures is their job. Not putting americans back to work right now is their job.

If you want to go ahead and break the bill down we can talk about it, but continue with the parroting.

good post. Why do I will feel that people's stupidity, fuel by the administration's desire to open things up, will just increase with summer coming?

Can we all agree on this?

https://twitter.com/claytravis/statu...807508480?s=21

Of course the “thousands dying no big deal open it up just a flu” guy is posting Clay Travis takes lol

The republicans wanted 250 M added to the fund to help small businesses. A simple bill that is just that money. Pelosi is rejecting that and wants money for hospitals and states added into it.

This was a clean bill just to get more money added in and here’s Pelosi congratulating Schumer on blocking it

https://twitter.com/senategop/status...561463811?s=21

Instead of passing this and then working on the other stuff they are holding small businesses hostage. It’s politics and it’s disgusting

A simple bill isn’t on the table, and I wouldn’t hold my breath given literally hundreds of bills are stalled due to politicians being politicians.
    It was on the table and the democrats rejected it because they want other stuff added to it

This was a clean bill just to get more money added in and here’s Pelosi congratulating Schumer on blocking it

https://twitter.com/senategop/status...561463811?s=21

Instead of passing this and then working on the other stuff they are holding small businesses hostage. It’s politics and it’s disgusting

Lol, so not so clean of bill.