Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 486 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 386436476484485486487488496536586986 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 17305
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Really good post.

Church isn't essential to me, but neither is the liquor store, the drug store, the library, and on and on ... but I understand that those things ARE essential to some people.
    Too bad for you that the “really good post” is completely misleading and does not come close to articulating the discussion as it unfolded (except in this particular poster’s mind).

As I pointed out, for example, the opening line of his recap is totally false — in point of fact my very first mention of churches as essential is roughly 55 posts into the discussion, and it was only in response to his prior claim that they were “for many people”.

Not surprisingly, the rest of his recap pretty much followed this erronous path.
    Last edited by Crovash; 12-03-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    and shove it back where the sun don’t shine.
    Did you give him your address?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Speak on that. I'm curious.

I don't see how those two things are really at all alike.
    Whether anyone believes they are or not, it really doesn't matter. Because those particular churches are red zone because they are the location of an infection cluster. But I've pretty much given up on the fact that people are going to do what we should to keep ourselves safe. It sure seems that people in this country are going to every damn thing they can to make sure that they are higher and higher risk. We have the amount of infections and deaths skyrocketing and people think that we need to loosen restrictions.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Speaking of doing everything that we can to make things higher risk...Lou Holtz is ****ing 83 years old and there isn't a ****ing mask on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You did enter with a hard stance, wild accusations on atheism, making up arguments for other people etc. and that was the real issue.
    As far as all this, I stand by what I said. I guess I was kinda a *** hole how I said it, but I do mean what I said.

I understand this propaganda system VERY WELL. Good enough to call out this obvious ****. It's clear as day man, it honestly doesn't even require much nuance. Its clear as ****in day brother.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 12-03-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

The first references to the SC case with regards the status of institutions like churches as “essential” or “non-essential” are in post 6422 (not mine), 6426 (also not mine), 6427 (also not mine), 6431 (also not mine), 6432 (yawn...not mine), 6433 (yup, you guessed it), and 6438 (not only is it not mine, it’s yours!).

So, take this opening line of your recap,

and shove it back where the sun don’t shine.
    lmao, ok so someone else initially brought up the SC.

Geez, my bad.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I think there hasn't been enough discussion from officials and scientists about the deaths of despair and the effect of each individual restriction has. I saw somewhere that suicide rates for -18yo males and 55+ males is up 287% from before the first lockdown, and as the economic impact gets worse the despair gets deeper.

My wife is immune compromised but is also claustrophobic so wearing a mask makes her dizzy and panic, but being stuck at home day after day also makes her anxious. This has been brutal for her and she has seriously talked about suicide for months.

The science to save 1 more life from corona is not just about that 1 more person not getting sick because other people are paying, maybe too dearly, for that 1 person's health.

That said, I don't have any easy answers, I just know that what a scientist says about what they are an expert in may be true, but that doesn't mean it's the best solution for society as a whole.
    And that's why I've always talked about striking a balance. I'm not talking about how many lives I'd trade to keep people's sanity kind of balance or even how many lives I'd trade to keep more people employed or businesses open kind of balance, even though in the end that may be part of it. We were never going to be a country that was going to do well under martial law, but I've also brought up the economic law of diminishing returns where, in this case, at what point do the risk factors of increasing restrictions drop low enough the restrictions create more negative impact than the risk they create by not having them.....and that's the ongoing battle and debate.

Easy for me to say, not being claustrophobic but currently spending a lot of time not just at home, but home alone, but one thing that helps me deal with it is to do not just phone calls, but video calls with friends and family once in awhile- just a way to interact without risk. I've even known people to stand in their front yards and have conversations with neighbors who are also standing in their front yards, just as a way to add social interaction with very little risk involved.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Don’t bother.
    I can only assume he's looking for some chuckle fuel....or a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Listen, I know and have seen the video of some churches completely ignoring both capacity and mask protocols and I know the average church is more likely to contain a higher percentage of conservatives than other gatherings, so I get the concerns. But I also know, from first hand local experience and talking to various friends and family, that what you're seeing on TV is more of an exception than a rule. When I last went to a service back in October, it was like it had been when I went in May- most people wearing masks for most of the service, people encouraged and largely adhering to not sitting directly in front or behind people, using sanitizer going in and coming out. Perfect? No. Essential? Obviously debatable or, for some, not.
    Despite your personal experiences and those of your inner circle, you do not know that "what you're seeing on TV is more of an exception than a rule".

Really good post.

Church isn't essential to me, but neither is the liquor store, the drug store, the library, and on and on ... but I understand that those things ARE essential to some people.
    Lofl

My wife is immune compromised but is also claustrophobic so wearing a mask makes her dizzy and panic
    That sucks for her but there must be something else going on and/or she's really letting that claustrophobia take control of her. I'm immune compromised and claustrophobic as well, yet get neither of those side effects from wearing a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Disagreeing about what constitutes special treatment is not the same thing as not answering your questions.
    I don't know, did either of us suggest atheists had some sort of agenda? For my part, I simply alluded to the fact that it was all, from what I know, posters who've said they're not religious that were making the argument against, people who, then, would have less experience even knowing what goes on at a church.

There's always some cherry picking...from both sides...like someone posting about a NC church who observed no protocols whatsoever like that's just what goes on at every religious service across the country.
    I agree that’s not the same thing which is why I never said it was. I have multiple posts responding to you that you did not answer that questioned aspects of the discussion, that is not answering.

If you need me to quote just how many times this was brought up by nasty I will. You just not have been paying attention to the thread.

Pointing to other posters also cherry picking isn’t a great example when it’s not related to my issued. Churches having high risk is relevant though. Cherry picking a standard you disagree with on one business compared to another as if that’s the final say is the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Despite your personal experiences and those of your inner circle, you do not know that "what you're seeing on TV is more of an exception than a rule".
    and you don't know it isn't
    but OK, I should have said 'from what I know'
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    As far as all this, I stand by what I said. I guess I was kinda a *** hole how I said it, but I do mean what I said.

I understand this propaganda system VERY WELL. Good enough to call out this obvious ****. It's clear as day man, it honestly doesn't even require much nuance. Its clear as ****in day brother.

I agree, your bias on this situation was shown from the start when you came in ranting without even understanding the discussion/issues people had.

Clear as day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

My ****ing goodness. The issue people have is not that you've been an *******, it's that you have displayed stunning levels of ignorance, avoided simple questions, and seemingly aren't even aware of what this conversation is about.

In terms of propaganda? You've already proven that you are ill-equipped to speak on that subject, Mr. CGTN.