Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 478 of 1143 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528578978 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 17137
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    So you actually weren't wanting a response from your question? Just purely posturing?

You asked what other businesses fall in the murky category of essential vs nonessential. I named opened businesses that absolutely fall in that category and you follow up by asking me if I thinks malls and churches should be treated the same.

No wonder why this thread has been an absolute cluster **** for the last few days.
    I had asked SiteWolf a question regarding his statement about churches being in a murky category. These categories are used to determine at what capacity they are allowed to operate. You said Kohlís and malls are in that category. Not sure why itís a stretch to think youíre implying they should be treated the same if they are in the same category.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Itís also probably worth noting that malls are not really a business. Theyíre a collection of businesses. They contain restaurants, clothing stores, toy stores, etc. Some of which are essential and others arenít.
    Nope. Individual businesses own malls and lease their space to other business. A mall is absolutely a business.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Best Buy, Kohl's, JC Penny, Macy's, malls. To name a few out of thousands.
    If you're referring to businesses that are undoubtedly non-essential, you are absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I had asked SiteWolf a question regarding his statement about churches being in a murky category. These categories are used to determine at what capacity they are allowed to operate. You said Kohlís and malls are in that category. Not sure why itís a stretch to think youíre implying they should be treated the same if they are in the same category.
    Okay, fair enough. Do you think Best Buy should be open?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    If you're referring to businesses that are undoubtedly non-essential, you are absolutely right.
    But they're open. Without a SC ruling.

Okay, fair enough. Do you think Best Buy should be open?
    I think they should be treated like a non-essential business. Whether that means they only have pick-up or some sort of limited in person shopping depends on where it is and what the recommendations are in that area given their pandemic numbers. I wouldnít go into a Best Buy personally right now.

But they're open. Without a SC ruling.
    Churches were open before the SC ruling too.

Churches were open before the SC ruling too.
    Not with anything near the same capacity though.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Who's on first?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Not with anything near the same capacity though.
    But under the same guidelines as other non-essential businesses.

I think they should be treated like a non-essential business. Whether that means they only have pick-up or some sort of limited in person shopping depends on where it is and what the recommendations are in that area given their pandemic numbers. I wouldnít go into a Best Buy personally right now.
    Well, that's where you and I are on the exact opposite page. Every business should be open at the same capacity. The spread at a grocery store is not somehow less problematic than the spread at a best buy.

If anything, the spread at a grocery store is far worse than the spread at a best but because people are constantly picking up products at a grocery store to look at expiration dates and nutritional value. All the while pushing around a cart that 100 other people pushed around that day.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 12-02-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Who's on first?
    Does that mean that you arenít going to tell us what other businesses are in that murky category?

But under the same guidelines as other non-essential businesses.
    Not in terms of capacity, which is what this conversation was started about.

Does that mean that you arenít going to tell us what other businesses are in that murky category?
    I answered for him.

Well, that's where you and I are on the exact opposite page. Every business should be open at the same capacity. The spread at a grocery store is not somehow less problematic than the spread at a best buy.
    Right. But the benefit for that risk is higher with a grocery store. I havenít been in a Best Buy for years because I donít shop for what they sell very often and can, and already was pre-pandemic buying that stuff on line. I need to buy stuff at the grocery store at least weekly.