Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 476 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526576976 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,140 of 17305
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sure thing, boss. As long as we skip over the fact that churches are literally designated as non-essential (and for very good reasons).
    this has been one of the longest versions of 'who's on first' in history
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    And what I was saying is that many people consider church to be vastly more essential than restaurants.

But when I made that point you guys started playing games, so I just hopped on board.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You have no point other than that it is your and other religious people's opinion that church is both generally essential and more essential than restaurants. You mindlessly repeat the word "science" over and over, all while favoring your own warped opinions to public health measures created by a team of experts.

Again, the only one playing games here (whether you realize it or not) is you: the guy that refuses to answer basic questions and instead assigns phony arguments to people that never made them.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    my response was in regard to talking like those well spaced out dining options themselves are essential....food is essential, eating it at a table in a restaurant is not
    Kinda like how church is considered essential by many people (though not the public health and safety experts) despite the fact that worshiping within the four walls of a church during a pandemic is not?

Not to mention that we have already established that churches have less restrictions than restaurants. You won't catch me eating inside a restaurant currently but I can still admit that they provide an essential service based on other dining options they provide (mainly takeout and delivery).

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    race has absolutely nothing to do with this.
    Wrong again, genius. The president calling COVID-19 the "China virus" has absolutely stoked racism and violence towards Chinese people. Especially by simple-minded fools that eat up everything your hero Donnie boi says. You might be able to realize and admit this if you weren't so hopelessly caught up in defending the incompetent leader of a country you don't even reside in.

lol so we're back to the mindset that people would starve without restaurants...because they provide food?
    Apparently it's essential to eat only within the walls of a public eatery, then? I must be STARVING because I've only done that once in 8 months.
    Many people donít know how to cook for themselves. Many people are elderly and donít have someone to help them cook. So yes they are part of essential services.

____

BTW this is South Dakota:

But itís people like these morons in every state that are ****ing things up for everyone else. These are the people you need to be upset that the specific churches are in the red zone not us.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Many people donít know how to cook for themselves. Many people are elderly and donít have someone to help them cook. So yes they are part of essential services.
    seriously? lol firstly, from my standpoint inside dining using protocols isn't something I'm fighting, but how did these people feed themselves prior to covid? or during initial lockdowns? they weren't at Applebees for every meal....but again, that was actually an opposite of my point
    ____
    and I'd agree...and it's embarassing this one is coming from my state....didn't see from where, but a guy mentioned a name that tells me this was this week as Rapid City looks to pass a mask mandate out there.....not that it's entirely different here, but out there are a higher percentage of people who are either cowboys or looking to live off the grid
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

No thanks to nasty and you (more so the former).

Wrong again, genius. The president calling COVID-19 the "China virus" has absolutely stoked racism and violence towards Chinese people. Especially by simple-minded fools that eat up everything your hero Donnie boi says. You might be able to realize and admit this if you weren't so hopelessly caught up in defending the incompetent leader of a country you don't even reside in.
    What a preposterous opinion. For decades pandemics have been given names for the country of origin that they came from. The nut jobs who called Trump a racist are hypocrites. Hell, if anything, China has not been blamed enough for the creation of this plague on the world. No question that they created this stuff and deliberately sent it across the world in order to hurt everyone except themselves. Yet, it is no surprise that many Dems and even some wimp Reps, cry foul over the name China being attached to the plague rather than demanding punishment for this worldwide CRIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    What a preposterous opinion. For decades pandemics have been given names for the country of origin that they came from. The nut jobs who called Trump a racist are hypocrites. Hell, if anything, China has not been blamed enough for the creation of this plague on the world. No question that they created this stuff and deliberately sent it across the world in order to hurt everyone except themselves. Yet, it is no surprise that many Dems and even some wimp Reps, cry foul over the name China being attached to the plague rather than demanding punishment for this worldwide CRIME.
    You should PM the user SpecialFNK. I imagine the two of you would get along swimmingly.

Yea, it's very confusing.

According to the arguments laid forth, church is non essential because that's what local offcials in NY initially classified it as, and so it should be officially treated as non essential from here on forth.

According to this reasoning, if local officials in Texas initially deem church essential (and I am almost positive many states/counties in America will do) then they accept it as being treated as essential from here on forth.

According to this reasoning, they would support treating church as non essential in NY and as essential in Texas. That seems contradictory.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

You have no point other than that it is your and other religious people's opinion that church is both generally essential and more essential than restaurants. .
    That IS the point.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Lofl

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yea, it's very confusing.

According to the arguments laid forth, church is non essential because that's what local offcials in NY initially classified it as, and so it should be officially treated as non essential from here on forth.

According to this reasoning, if local officials in Texas initially deem church essential (and I am almost positive many states/counties in America will do) then they accept it as being treated as essential from here on forth.

According to this reasoning, they would support treating church as non essential in NY and as essential in Texas. That seems contradictory.

Tautologically, itís non-essential because it doesnít provide anything that a human needs to function. But also legally it is non-essential because the regulations outline what the government classifies as essential. Their job is to classify essential and non-essential services in determining how the health code will be administered.

No matter how many people say it, people wanting things doesnít make them essential whether itís one person or everyone but one person.

I'm still unsure of where everyone stands on this. Any chance we could start again? Lol