Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 474 of 1075 FirstFirst ... 374424464472473474475476484524574974 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 16122
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    With respect to the Supreme Court decision — wrong again. Try getting your facts straight.

Here are the limitations that apply to Red Zones:

Houses of Worship: 25% capacity, with a maximum of 10 people
    Mass Gatherings: Prohibited
    Businesses: Only essential businesses open
    Dining: Takeout only
    Schools: Closed, remote only

Here are the limitations that would apply if an area is declared Orange or "warning" Zone:

Houses of worship: 33% capacity, 25 people maximum
    Mass gatherings: 10 people maximum, indoor and outdoor
    Businesses: Closing high-risk non-essential businesses, such as gyms and personal care
    Dining: Outdoor dining only; four-person maximum per table
    Schools: Closed, remote only

Now it must read “here were the limitations”...

https://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/...-red-zone.html
    This doesn't make sense, how could mass gathering be limited to 10 people, yet outdoor dining doesn't have that restriction?

lol, more leeway, same leeway, you dont get my point?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes, obviously. Wtf?

Ok so you're problem doesn't relate to them being essential or not at all. I was hoping that would be your answer.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Ok so you're problem doesn't relate to them being essential or not at all. I was hoping that would be your answer.
    I am focusing on the stats aspect rather than the "essential" aspect because the former is objevtive, the latter is subjective.

To you church is not essential. To many people it is. For this reason, using the latter to set the guidelines is not a good approach, imo.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

If so, he learned nothing because then “Trump lied and people died.”
    when Trump brought up China, there was push back as if he was lying then. turns out he was right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Donald Trump mishandled it too...

Trump virus???
    nobody should deny Trump has blame, but people should be smart enough to know other people have blame too. Andrew Cuomo in NY certainly deserves some blame.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

This doesn't make sense, how could mass gathering be limited to 10 people, yet outdoor dining doesn't have that restriction?

lol, more leeway, same leeway, you dont get my point?
    Stop deflecting to something else (outdoor gatherings) and go back read your own post that I responded to — you were comparing churches and restaurants.

There is no quandary. They can definitely establish protocol and restrictions for congregations to church. People just dont want restaurant to have more leeway than church.
    My post in reply proved decisively that churches actually had more leeway than restaurants (you of course whined that it was the opposite).

You were wrong — period. Have the gonads to admit you were.
    Last edited by Crovash; 12-01-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Stop deflecting to something else (outdoor gatherings) and go back read your own post that I responded to — you were comparing churches and restaurants. See bolded. In actuality, churches had more leeway than restaurants (you of course whined that it was the opposite).

Next have the balls to admit you were flat out wrong. Period.
    According to your post, restaurants have no limit to outdoor dining, churches have a limit of 10 outdoor gathering.

Stop playing these psd games, I expect it from some people but not you, you're better than that. You know what point I'm making with that post.

According to your post, restaurants have no limit to outdoor dining, churches have a limit of 10 outdoor gathering.

Stop playing these psd games, I expect it from some people but not you, you're better than that. You know what point I'm making with that post.

Restaurants are subject to occupancy restrictions similar to churches. If we can't have an honest discussion, then this is going to continue to go around in circles. Hell the restrictions on restaurants as outlined is actually more severe than on churches.

Red Zone – Cluster Itself

Activity restrictions include:

Houses of worship are subject to a capacity limit of 25% of maximum occupancy or 10 people, whichever is fewer
    Restaurants and taverns must cease serving patrons food or beverage on-premises and may be open for takeout or delivery only

Orange Zone – Warning Zone

Houses of worship are subject to a capacity limit of the lesser of 33% of maximum occupancy or 25 people, whichever is fewer
    Restaurants and taverns must cease serving patrons food or beverage inside on-premises but may provide outdoor service, and may be open for takeout or delivery, provided that any one seated group or party must not exceed 4 people

Yellow Zone – Precautionary Zone

Houses of worship are subject to a capacity limit of 50% of its maximum occupancy and shall adhere to Department of Health guidance
    Restaurants and taverns must limit any one seated group or party size to 4 people
    https://esd.ny.gov/ny-cluster-action...ative-guidance
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Restaurants are subject to occupancy restrictions similar to churches. If we can't have an honest discussion, then this is going to continue to go around in circles. Hell the restrictions on restaurants as outlined is actually more severe than on churches.

https://esd.ny.gov/ny-cluster-action...ative-guidance

The reason I notice this is because at one point my mosque had started gathering outdoors. But according to this, that wouldnt have even been allowed.

Anyways, should we get back to the convo..?

The reason I notice this is because at one point my mosque had started gathering outdoors. But according to this, that wouldnt have even been allowed.
    Talk about cherry-picking....

Talk about cherry-picking....
    Hey man, you started it..

Hey man, you started it..
    No surprise that you, who trades most of the time in sophistry, would read it that way.

No surprise that you, who trades most of the time in sophistry, would read it that way.
    Well if you read my initial post regarding restaurants and churches the way you did, am I not just par for the course?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    So now you're arguing that church service actually is essential during a pandemic?
    I'm arguing what I have always argued...that essential/non-essential isn't as black and white as many seem to want to suggest and that churches fall into a murky category somewhere in between.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The theater has been around for thousands of years. Longer than many religions, shall we deem that essential too? Baseball and other sports have been around for decades and centuries, shall we deem them essential too? Brothels are said to house the longest running profession, shall we deem them essential too?

For a service to be essential, it must provide an essential service. That requires that something it provides me necessary for sustaining human life. Restaurants provide food, fire stations put out fires, churches don't provide something that is essential for human life. I know they are very important to a great many people and I'm not saying they don't. I'm saying they aren't essential and thus shouldn't be allowed to be open the same way that grocery stores, restaurants, or the electric company is.
    lol so we're back to the mindset that people would starve without restaurants...because they provide food?
    Apparently it's essential to eat only within the walls of a public eatery, then? I must be STARVING because I've only done that once in 8 months.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment