Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 471 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571971 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 16273
    Time for reparations for those kids that couldn't go to school by those that could.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    You're so cool. Taking after your hero Donnie and calling it the China virus? Totally owned the libz!

China lied and people died. when Trump said that he was attacked for it, but he was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    If so, he learned nothing because then ďTrump lied and people died.Ē
    Bingo. That doesn't matter to our Special boy though.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    schools need to open right now
    d e r p

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Not in Illinois
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Not all of them.
    What a travesty! Do either of you have school age children?

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Sure, you havenít backed any of this up nor shown how statistics werenít used initially. The arguments against these safety measures have been personal opinion for special treatment clearly not based in science.

We donít force local government and health experts to create plans catering in special manner to one group not based in stats/science is what is being argue. You are the one arguing to ignore the experts based on your opinion mattering more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You haven't shown any stats were used. That's on you, not me.

Of course we cater to diff groups, wtf. You think majority of that $5 trillion stimulus went to the average american?

I'm not saying ignore the experts, I'm saying the experts are people like you and me. Some people like you wouldnt want churches open, some like me would. So that's why I am asking what measures were used to create these lists. With no measures, the lists are simply a matter of opinion.

One list in texas could say strip clubs are essential, one in California could say restaurants aren't. I dont just agree with them because that's what experts came up with, I am curious HOW they came up with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Thatís not science based that is a but what about. Risk factors are different and services are different. The science shows what events are likely to cause more spread, you have actually had issue with it when it points against your opinion and ignored this. Churches are high risk.

You are just choosing something based on your personal opinion and saying but what about. Thatís not remotely science based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Big box stores aren't high risk?

What makes you say this?

You keep reverting back to the list, the list is arbitrary but you act like it's not.

It is. It in of itself doesn't hold much weight. If you can back the methodology behind it, then it does.

So far, you can't.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

If mishandling of the virus is the basis of the name, this is without a doubt the trump virus or america virus, lol, our response has been beyond failure.

China lied and people died. when Trump said that he was attacked for it, but he was right.
    Trump lied and people died.

Trump virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And at issue is what those protocols/restrictions are, how they are established, and by whom.

Whether you (or I for that matter) like it or not; churches, synagogues, mosques, et al were catagorized as non-essential businesses and subject to non-essential business protocols/restrictions established by local authorities, presumably on the advice of public health officials. These protocols/restrictions can differ from location to location, depending upon the extent of the epidemic, and you may or may not agree with those protocols/restrictions

(Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that one mistake you and Nasty keep making is that you apply protocols/restrictions from another locale to your own locale or to all locales ó but I do not think the red zone protocols/restrictions in NY are necessarily applicable to a cathedral in, say, San Francisco, a mosque in Baltimore or a synagogue in Helena).

Clearly, the litigants in the case of New York did not agree with the local protocols/restrictions and sued all the way to the Supreme Court. Ostensibly, you can do the same if you feel your local protocols/restrictions are wrong.

The New York decision said that New Yorkís protocols/restrictions violated the First Amendmentís protection of the free exercise of religion, a victory for religious institutions but one that puts public health officials in a quandary as to whether they can enforce, much less even establish protocols/restrictions for congregations to worship.
    There is no quandary. They can definitely establish protocol and restrictions for congregations to church. People just dont want restaurant to have more leeway than church.

I sound like the grinch for pointing out a reality based in actual data?
    No, because you are using an example of anch7rch not following essential business protocol and pointing at them and saying this is why churches are dangerous and should be closed.

Brother, anyone can point to ANY business not following protocol. That's a separate issue.

If churches have people gathering and singing inside, that is not following essential business protocol. The issue here has nothing to do with being labeled essential or not, it has to do with them not following any protocol.

Last edited by nastynice; 12-01-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Iím a wrestling fan and I believe that it is essential. Who do I whine...I mean complain...to in order to override obvious safety concerns for a communal event?
    If wrestling gave you life and a planet to live on, then people would listen to your complaint.

Did it?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I'm saying the experts are people like you and me. Some people like you wouldnt want churches open, some like me would.
    No they're not. Sure, we're all members of the human race but we're not all public health experts. I mean yeah, you constantly claim to be an expert but baseless, obviously false claims (as funny as they are) mean absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If wrestling gave you life and a planet to live on, then people would listen to your complaint.

Did it?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No they're not. Sure, we're all members of the human race but we're not all public health experts. I mean yeah, you constantly claim to be an expert but baseless, obviously false claims (as funny as they are) mean absolutely nothing.
    Ok. The public health experts did NOTHING for two months.

I said in February we need to get active about this thing and start screening, tracing, and regulating travel and crowds.
    Here we are in december and travel hasn't even been addressed.

So yea, I would say in this case I am clearly better qualified to handle a corona response than our public health experts.