Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 464 of 697 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514564 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 10445
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    What does this say about you? lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That I have spent way too long debating with someone this ridiculous? I dunno.

Given peoples connection with the church, many feel like it SHOULD carry preferential treatment.

In the context of covid response, I agree with that opinion. I agree because it is not in of itself a public health hazard.

Science, amirite?

It is, lol, you guys are not picking up on the fact that your opinions are being dictated by the atheist agenda.

That's why, in true atheist fashion, you think your opinion is "right".

You keep spouting this "atheist agenda" BS as if it means something here. What was it you said earlier? That it's the agenda of NBC and CNN or some ****? Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

....and seriously: you're going to sit here and call someone out for thinking their opinion is "right" and claim that's a telltale sign of being an atheist?

You constantly try to pass your oddball opinions off as not only unquestionably "right" but straight up "facts" and "science". I swear: anytime there's a long-winded discussion like this that you're heavily involved in, it turns in to this same sort of absolute insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

My opinion is that it doesn't need to be labeled as essential in this context/reality of NY. I have actually been trying to get people to answer specific questions around this but no one would.
    I didnt give you reasons as to why people feel their church to be an essential part of their lives?

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

My opinion is restaurants should be restricted to takeout if you have been reading the thread. What's the inconsistency here?
    The inconsistency is that you see two places operating beyond limits you find acceptable, and one you are willing to bat for while one you're not.

You must be just as outraged with restaurant dining as you are with the church being open. For some reason it doesn't feel like that.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

My personal belief is that my concern is in regards to the gym opening, not the mosque. I jumped in this convo notnbecause I am passionate about it, but because you guys think your opinions are facts. They're not. They're opinions.

Your opinion is that church isnt essential. Many people disagree. But you just assume your opinion to be the correct answer. When given reasons as to why people view church as essential, you dismiss them as if your opinion trumps theirs. It doesn't. My take is who cares about opinions, let's cater to the actual science.

You are showing instances of churches not following essential business guideline as proof that churches cause spread. Yes they do, but that has nothing to do with being labeled essential or not.

Would you approach restaurant the same way. If I can pick out examples of restaurant not following distance guidelines, will you turn agree that the science says all restaurants must close? If not, then why do you do so with churches?

What on ****ing Earth are you smoking, dude?

When we are talking about the terms essential vs. non-essential, we're talking about them in terms of the pandemic related certifications of different businesses; not their dictionary definition or your opinion. Within this context, churches are non-essential.

It is mind-boggling that you're still struggling to comprehend what the hell we are discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    . Within this context, churches are non-essential.

Define the context.

To an ignorant atheist, no, to a follower of religion, yes.

It's like you don't even realize that something being essential or not (within the context of this conversation) has literally nothing to do with one's religious beliefs. It has only to do with public health and safety, y'know....SCIENCE.

What does this say about you? lol

That he sees though your nonsense and knows how to follow a simple conversation?

It's like you don't even realize that something being essential or not (within the context of this conversation) has literally nothing to do with one's religious beliefs. It has only to do with public health and safety, y'know....SCIENCE.

Define the context.

I did! Literally within the very post you quoted. Holy ****.

Seriously, dude. What is your malfunction? It's like you are a visitor from another planet attempting your first conversation with an Earthling or something.

Hey. It's your (inappropriately used) word of the day, not mine. The joke's on you and you're the only one that doesn't get it.

I did! Literally within the very post you quoted. Holy ****.

Seriously, dude. What is your malfunction? It's like you are a visitor from another planet attempting your first conversation with an Earthling or something.
    Bro, define the context meaning give an actual measure of what defines essential vs non essential.

What's the actual criteria that defines any given entity as essential vs non essential.

To an ignorant atheist, no, to a follower of religion, yes.

Which category of essential services do they fall into?

https://www.lawandtheworkplace.com/2...al-businesses/

The closest could be #8 but that would just be the outreach sections not the worship portion.

Bro, define the context meaning give an actual measure of what defines essential vs non essential.

What's the actual criteria that defines any given entity as essential vs non essential.

I'd like to think that you know how to operate a web browser and Google. However, I'll do your work for you since I probably shouldn't assume such things:

https://www.bassberrygovcontrade.com...tial-business/

https://www.businessinsider.com/what...navirus-2020-3

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Which category of essential services do they fall into?

https://www.lawandtheworkplace.com/2...al-businesses/

The closest could be #8 but that would just be the outreach sections not the worship portion.
    Isnt this what the entire argument is about, that religious people want to be classified as essential?

Isn't that what they are trying to do?