Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 439 of 567 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489539 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 8496
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, you are in the eye of the atheist vortex.

Spliff is only there for the arguing...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yes, please keep repeating the completely baseless claim that only atheists would be countering the weak arguments of Site and yourself (despite the fact that numerous of us have clearly told you that we are not atheists and/or that one's belief in the existence of a higher power has nothing to do with the arguments being made by those opposing you).

I'm here attempting to have an honest conversation with people that are seemingly unwilling to do such a thing. If that bothers you, please learn to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    It is different because not everyplace is allowed to be open right now to the same level even with protocol in place.

The same as what? Literally every businesses out there? Well they all have different standards based on what services they provide and the risk factors involved. That's the entire point, churches fall into a certain category based on this information and you and sitewolf are arguing they should be treated like businesses that differ greatly while ignoring all similar types have the same restrictions set on them.

If you understand that they will have varying levels of restrictions based on what is done there then please give the examples of similar businesses to churches. Please provide these examples. It's been asked for over and over but no one can. You call it an atheist agenda but seem to not be able to give a single example of how this is treating churches differently.

There are reasons to limit in person church services during a pandemic when we are limiting tons and tons of other social gatherings lol. I think you would agree if this wasn't a topic that has you all riled up.
    Exactly. Dude loves pretending that he's some sort of quasi-epidemiologist when he thinks it suits the conversation at hand but as soon as religion comes in to the conversation, that whole facade goes completely out the window.

So what's worth that risk? Pottery barn?bath and body works?

I see them open right now in front of me, but churches need to be regulated? That's a joke ..

Those arenít essential businesses and Iím sure have significant in person restriction. They shouldnít be open at all in my opinion, they both have on line shopping as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    It's like he didn't even consider the extra cost or the fact that not everyone has a credit card to pay with.
    not to mention ,not everyone has the internet necessary to do it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Those services cost money and still require people to go into grocery stores just like take out dining still requires people to show to work together at restaurants. Not without risk but people have to eat and getting food to people requires some interaction. You can be a fully adherent person of faith without leaving your home.

Thatís not the question I asked you. This is about your religious needs. The mental health perspective means everyone who is missing some part of their normal life should be allowed to do those things in the name of mental health. So gyms, bars, movie theaters, concerts should all be open for our mental health because we like those things? Thatís a very different argument.
    Exactly. I love attending baseball games, seeing live music, and dining at restaurants that specialize in things I'm not so well versed in preparing at home. Yet you sure as hell won't see me bending myself in to a pretzel trying to justify why those things should be available to me during a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Personal religious views arenít relevant to the discussion. All youíre doing is playing into nastyniceís stereotype.
    Agreed. Anyone is more than welcome to have an opinion like that but it isn't especially conducive to the conversation at hand.

Atheists arguing religion is like men arguing abortions..? lol, bro ur too lost if you think congregating in person has no effect on people's faith and well being.

So people without those options are incapable of having a strong intact faith? You have no real answer for my argument so youíre trying to exclude me because I donít share your beliefs. I understand community and family and what this is doing to those relationships. No one said this was gonna be easy but if you truly want to get back to your congregation, we need to control this pandemic and that takes an understanding of what is essential and being willing to make sacrifices.

So what's worth that risk? Pottery barn?bath and body works?

I see them open right now in front of me, but churches need to be regulated? That's a joke ..

They're all regulated, genius! Yet the specific type of establishment we are discussing, churches, think they should be held to different standards than their fellow non-essential establishments.

I swear, man. You come bounding in to these conversations with so much confidence and so little actual knowledge on what is being discussed way too often. It's really quite ridiculous.

My mental deficiency? That's good stuff.
    Yeah. Projection at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    not to mention ,not everyone has the internet necessary to do it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Also not to mention: if you close grocery stores, these people that get you your groceries via online services like Instacart won't be able to operate.

After all god can see and know all right? So he would presumably know there's a pandemic and it's safer for his flock to stay home.
    Completely agree. Yet, I've seen numerous instances of pastors telling their congregation that "God doesn't want you to wear a mask" or that "wearing a mask is living in fear". I'm totally good with church, religion, and having a belief in God but I give a hearty "**** you" to any pastor spreading reckless nonsense such as this.

The Supreme Court decision was very limited in scope ó specifically dealing with red and orange zone restrictions in New York ó but it did rule in favor of the religious organizations who were seeking special status (and thus exemption from those restrictions).

Lurking behind the decision are two important signals:

(a) this paves the way for future decisions regarding the status of religious organizations vis a vis public health, which is the crux of the current discussion here.

(b) lends further credence to the notion (championed by one political group and feared by another) that the Supreme Court has tilted and will continue to tilt conservative. Not a surprise, of course, but just more confirmation.

Maybe Iím out of line. But I donít see it being any more essential than ďreligiousĒ fans of (insert favourite social activity here) missing said activity. Itís killing me to not watch sports live and have my 4 year old come with me to hopefully pick up that passion. But I donít for one second believe that itís essential or more important than anyone elseís social needs.

Edit so guess I feel like people are saying their social needs are more important because ďgodĒ.
    Last edited by mike_noodles; 11-29-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    ****. Do these people realize the employees donít make the ****ing rules?