Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 434 of 616 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484534 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 9232
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I guess that's a potential side effect of wearing blinders. Neat how you have still refused to list a single restriction that is only being applied to religious organizations though.
    Again, I know your comprehension skills are better- I DIDN'T CLAIM churches had restrictions other places did, so exactly what example are you expecting?

Every area is different- rhino is saying where he is churches ARE restricted less. That's not my experience. Locally, businesses have been allowed 50% capacity as have churches. When I've gone to a service, which has only been a few times since Covid, mask wearing is encouraged and people are requested to not sit directly behind or in front of other people, so if you were looking from above you'd see a somewhat plaid pattern.

If that's not how it's happening elsewhere, so be it. As I've said, IMO restrictions should be equal.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Again, I know your comprehension skills are better- I DIDN'T CLAIM churches had restrictions other places did, so exactly what example are you expecting?
    Yes you did, as I've already addressed. You claimed you could answer my question related to this but simply chose not to....and then defeatedly mentioned communion as a potential answer (even though it is not at all a legitimate example).

Every area is different- rhino is saying where he is churches ARE restricted less. That's not my experience. Locally, businesses have been allowed 50% capacity as have churches. When I've gone to a service, which has only been a few times since Covid, mask wearing is encouraged and people are requested to not sit directly behind or in front of other people, so if you were looking from above you'd see a somewhat plaid pattern.

If that's not how it's happening elsewhere, so be it. As I've said, IMO restrictions should be equal.
    You've contradicted yourself once again. Businesses require a mask to be worn, churches only encourage it. These two things are not equal, yet you are claiming otherwise.

How about trying to inject a little honesty and/or consistency to your arguments?

the only people I'm seeing incessantly whining...are those trying to argue religious organizations should have restrictions no place else has
    This is factually inaccurate. We support the same restrictions on religious institutions as are on any other institution. Just like we would like them to pay taxes like others.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yes you did, as I've already addressed. You claimed you could answer my question related to this but simply chose not to....and then defeatedly mentioned communion as a potential answer (even though it is not at all a legitimate example).

You've contradicted yourself once again. Businesses require a mask to be worn, churches only encourage it. These two things are not equal, yet you are claiming otherwise.

How about trying to inject a little honesty and/or consistency to your arguments?
    Dude, you asked a question then got pissy when I didn't give an example. So I threw out a couple examples of things people can't do if not at an in-person service but that wasn't good enough for you. You can just keep on asking a question relating to something I never claimed prior to the question and I'll move on to something more productive.

Businesses where require a mask while churches only encourage it? Every place in the country has different protocols and varying levels of policing it. I've told you how things are where I live. As I said, if they're different elsewhere, that's my experience and therefore I'm not 'claiming otherwise' OR contradicting myself.

It is not my fault or problem if you view what I have consistently said...as inconsistent and lacking honesty.

I swear, most of the time you just like to argue...to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This is factually inaccurate. We support the same restrictions on religious institutions as are on any other institution.
    then why are people here complaining that I'm suggesting something else?

Just like we would like them to pay taxes like others.
    that is a complete and totally separate discussion having nothing to do with a pandemic
    and I'm sure the United Way, Salvation Army, and every other non-profit in the country will be awaiting your reasoning with baited breath

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, bottom line is you're a devout atheist.

Anyone can do anything from home, you don't have to leave your home for.groceries in big cities, yet that doesn't mean we shut down all in person grocery stores.

If proper distance protocol is in place, than any place can safely operate. Don't let your devout atheism go overboard.
    Letís not go off the rails here; this is not about theism or atheism. Itís about public health.

Dude, you asked a question then got pissy when I didn't give an example. So I threw out a couple examples of things people can't do if not at an in-person service but that wasn't good enough for you. You can just keep on asking a question relating to something I never claimed prior to the question and I'll move on to something more productive.
    I asked you a very simple question and you replied with a dismissive non-answer, so I very calmly wondered aloud why you couldn't give a single example. From there you claimed that it wasn't that you couldn't give an example but that you simply didn't, and then you went on to shift the goalposts and defeatedly give a single answer to a totally different question that I never posed.

So basically this entire first paragraph of yours I'm responding to is a giant load of nonsense.

Businesses where require a mask while churches only encourage it?
    You very clearly stated that your church only encourages the usage of masks, which seems to also be the case with other churches I've heard about since the pandemic started. Are you now claiming that the local businesses in your area are not requiring a mask to be worn? If so, I don't think that is the norm and sure isn't the case in my neck of the woods.

Every place in the country has different protocols and varying levels of policing it. I've told you how things are where I live. As I said, if they're different elsewhere, that's my experience and therefore I'm not 'claiming otherwise' OR contradicting myself.
    Yes, we all know there are different protocols and varying levels of policing said protocols.

It is not my fault or problem if you view what I have consistently said...as inconsistent and lacking honesty.
    It is entirely your fault actually.

I swear, most of the time you just like to argue...to argue.
    Takes two to tango. If you can't properly support your arguments and don't like it when people provide information that counters your arguments, maybe you should think more about what you are posting before clicking "Submit Reply".

then why are people here complaining that I'm suggesting something else?
    Probably because you keep claiming that churches are facing MORE restrictions than other non-essential businesses, yet aren't really providing any examples other than the claim that they were unfairly being held to attendance capacities that didn't really translate the same to other non-essential businesses.

Believe it or not, I fully agree that both churches and all other non-essential businesses should be held to the same social distancing guidelines during a pandemic. However, the churches in my area are fighting for more than this. Many churches are trying to make the argument that they are indeed essential and should be able to operate under different rules than their fellow non-essential businesses, with "supporting arguments" that include a painfully reckless amount of anti-science nonsense.

I'll post this once again as an example: https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/...atch_permalink

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    What specific actions would you take to control the pandemic and fix the economy at the same time?
    I would have invested in the infrastructure and R&D to make vastly more (and better) tests and all the accompanying reagents/swabs, etc. I would have also made the government the main purchaser/distributor of PPE to minimize shortages and hoarding. We should be testing as much as possible. The virus is successful because we canít determine who is infected and who isnít, yet we do most of our testing on people who seem overtly positive and should be quarantined either way. I get this takes time but we have had time and donít seem any closer to have a minimum level of tests much less an aggressive amount of tests.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I would suggest those are exactly the same situations. Both can be done from home just fine. Both can be done outdoors in secure settings. Just treat them the same.

We can't eat in a restaurant but I could attend a church service if I did that kind of thing. That isn't fair at all.
    What are you talking about? You live in the Denver area. You can eat in a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    What are you talking about? You live in the Denver area. You can eat in a restaurant.
    There is currently no indoor dining allowed in the entire Front Range
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

All the Broncos QB are out because they were exposed to COVID and werenít wearing masks when they should have been. But John Elway will sign himself before bringing Colin Kaepernick.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Can you read ok? Churches have far less restrictions than everyone else. I just showed you that. People would just like it to be the same.

I'm also not an "Athiest," I think everyone should be treated the same and with the same respect. Giving churches extra privileges is against that concept.
    Because gyms were at 10% capacity while church 25%? Really? That's what this is over?

I don't think so.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    If you want to make that argument go ahead, are sporting events and concerts? Youth sports? Going to school?

Why shouldn't all of these be opened up as well as many can argue them as essential to their lives? My question is where do you draw the line because Church in person doesn't seem overly essential at all except to those who prefer that method (just like those preferring concerts and sporting events).

Either way the point remains that you and sitewolf are off base on this, they are singling themselves out as some higher tier than others. They were not singled out by the orders themselves which were restrictions many businesses do have to follow, not just churches. Churches are saying no we are above/more important and shouldn't have to follow them.
    No, saying that there should be guidelines set for everyone to follow, and if followed should be allowed to stay open, and churches should be included as an entity which can attempt to follow to stay open, is the exact opposite of singling anything out.

If people are asking for special treatment me and sitewolf clearly never supported that.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Letís not go off the rails here; this is not about theism or atheism. Itís about public health.
    No, if it were about public health then saying a church should be able to operate with public health protocol intact and enforced would clearly be universally agreed upon. When you want to shut churches down because you don't deem it essential, regardless of effect or public health, then it's about theism or atheism.

See, very much on the rail. [emoji846]