Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 413 of 707 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 10596
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well gee isn't that a day late and a dollar short...what in the flying **** has he been waiting for? The HEROES Act passed the House on May 15th. It's been 183 days so far since that bill passed the House. Maybe people can take the sanctimonius both sides crap and shove it?
    You are by far the biggest hack on the forum (with Walter)

Itís not even close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    McConnell said Tuesday that the new bill would be worth roughly $500 billion, according to the Washington Postís Erica Werner, but itís not clear how much of that total will be new spending and how much repurposed funds.

According to Werner, McConnell said the narrow bill will also have federal supplemental unemployment benefits (though itís not yet clear in what amount) and money for schools and hospitalsóthere was no mention of another round of direct payments.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...eal-again/amp/

Why push against this type of deal?

There should be multiple rounds of direct payments. Its absolutely absurd that there was one and nothing else.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    There should be multiple rounds of direct payments. Its absolutely absurd that there was one and nothing else.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    And that's on the heels of a $5trillion stimulus [emoji23][emoji23]

Trump keeps feeding corporate america, and people keep insisting he is anti system.

At least you can have a beer with the guy..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

You are by far the biggest hack on the forum (with Walter)

Itís not even close

For pointing out the House has done their job and the Senate has sat on their ***es and done absolutely nothing? Or for pointing out how people (such as yourself) will twist that into Democrats not doing their job and let Republicans off the hook for doing nothing.

Which part makes me a hack exactly?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Ok so it sounds like youíre aware that no bull becomes law or gets passed without some pork and yet that bothers you about this particular one. A process that happens in every single bull ever passed someone bothers you in this particular instance. Very strange.

Youíve gotten the outcome you wanted using the same process as has been used to pass every damn bill in recorded history. Until you present me a Senate bill that escapes the established process, all I hear is whining and nothing substantive.

I insist on employing some level of common sense. If that appears to be Republicans bad and Democrats good, I wonít apologize for it.

The phrase ďdonít let great be the enemy of goodĒ comes to mind. Youíre letting some idealized version of politics block you from supporting the right thing. And I choose to take this interpretation rather than you being ok with nothing being done. This is what I believe elected Republicans think. They are perfectly fine with nothing getting done because people who will blame Democrats who passed a bill for the failure rather than Republicans who passed no bill. They rely on your line of reasoning to defend their own.
    geezuz you like to extrapolate wildly

I said the House bill was never going to pass as is, nor should it. What complaint is involved there?
    You yourself have SAID not all Democrats do is good. Changing that tune?
    Republicans currently control the Senate. Does that mean no Democrat can even author a bill?

Listen, Admiral Agbar is a dolt, no question. He said recently that, because the unemployment rate is going down, we don't need as much of a stimulus package- excessively short sighted. Millions of people are living on less than they were pre-Covid, many less than there were during the extra $600/wk in unemployment days. More businesses are dying slow deaths meaning more become newly unemployed. Some of the reduction on the unemployment rolls are due to people settling for less and/or taking temporary/seasonal jobs. A good friend of mine had 30 years in with his company and is now working for the post office at almost half his prior wage. I am currently furloughed from my job and likely will be at least until January if not longer. So yes, a package has been needed and yes Admiral Agbar has held that process up, but you'd have to show me where I've supported all that. There are like 280 Democrats in Congress and all it takes is one old Kentucky dbag to put a complete halt to everything?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

For pointing out the House has done their job and the Senate has sat on their ***es and done absolutely nothing? Or for pointing out how people (such as yourself) will twist that into Democrats not doing their job and let Republicans off the hook for doing nothing.

Which part makes me a hack exactly?
    The house passed the bill with no republican votes and even had some Dems to vote against it.

When you have a divided govt you have to compromise and negotiate and not pass a bill that has everything you want.

McConnell and Trump admin both came out and said we should pass a smaller bill in the meantime while negotiating the rest

Pelosi said no because they would lose leverage in any bigger deal if they passed something they all agreed on right away. She said this!

Instead of passing something they would all agree to and immediately help millions of people and thousands of businesses she said no because she would lose all leverage in any bigger deal. You donít think thatís wrong? She also didnít want any deal before the election because it would make Trump look good right before the election.

Guess what though? We are in the same spot as before with divided govt. Just pass a smaller deal and get help to millions of Americans who need it. Itís not the time to play politics and stall to try and get everything you want

The bill was full of democratic wish lists that had nothing to do with covid

The GOP wanted to do a smaller bill while they negotiated the rest and Pelosi wouldnít do it because she didnít want the GOP to get a win before the election.

Both sides were for a stimulus check. Both sides wanted to save the airline industry and help with more PPP funds for small businesses.

Why not put together a smaller bill to help people with rent/utilities with a stimulus check and save tons of potential airline jobs and small businesses?

They were fighting over testing and tracing and instead of getting something small done to help people they got nothing done and likely wonít now until at least mid January. Iím glad Pelosi played politics instead of helping people.

Please reference all the "wish lists" that had nothing at all to do with covid and link a credible source for where you're getting your information

Maybe you haven't heard but republicans are known as the great obstructionists. Their job isn't to work on and pass legislation. Perhaps this is the reason why nothing has been done. The democrats created a relief bill and presented it back in june.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 11-14-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Please reference all the "wish lists" that had nothing at all to do with covid and link a credible source for where you're getting your information

Maybe you haven't heard but republicans are known as the great obstructionists. Their job isn't to work on and pass legislation. Perhaps this is the reason why nothing has been done. The democrats created a relief bill and presented it back in june.
    Here you go

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....wish-list/amp/

The house passed the bill with no republican votes and even had some Dems to vote against it.

When you have a divided govt you have to compromise and negotiate and not pass a bill that has everything you want.

McConnell and Trump admin both came out and said we should pass a smaller bill in the meantime while negotiating the rest

Pelosi said no because they would lose leverage in any bigger deal if they passed something they all agreed on right away. She said this!

Instead of passing something they would all agree to and immediately help millions of people and thousands of businesses she said no because she would lose all leverage in any bigger deal. You donít think thatís wrong? She also didnít want any deal before the election because it would make Trump look good right before the election.

Guess what though? We are in the same spot as before with divided govt. Just pass a smaller deal and get help to millions of Americans who need it. Itís not the time to play politics and stall to try and get everything you want

LOL the Republican bill WASN'T passed with the same number of Republican votes...
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

What ****ing morons...

What ****ing morons
    ya know, you can say all the 'listen to the scientists', and 'only Trumptards don't wear masks' and all that
    Disagree with them, fine.
    But you have no justification for thinking of them as morons. You don't live where they live, you haven't heard things they have. There's a LOT of things that go into people having developed the opinions they have.

I just find the namecalling mindset to be ridiculous, but then...well nvm

LOL the Republican bill WASN'T passed with the same number of Republican votes...
    what are you even talking about? a Senate bill would never get as many votes as a House bill...and I don't even see where he said one was....just the Dem House bill that would have needed some changes before it would have ever even been looked at in the Senate

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    ya know, you can say all the 'listen to the scientists', and 'only Trumptards don't wear masks' and all that
    Disagree with them, fine.
    But you have no justification for thinking of them as morons. You don't live where they live, you haven't heard things they have. There's a LOT of things that go into people having developed the opinions they have.

I just find the namecalling mindset to be ridiculous, but then...well nvm
    Is it acceptable to say that their views and statements regarding the wearing of masks are moronic?

Nearly all republicans voted to approve the bill. It was 51-44 vote but it needed 60 to pass and all democrats pretty much voted against it. Nice try though!