Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 412 of 706 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462512 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 10585
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Can you answer a couple of questions for me?

What was the last bill that became law that didnít have pork in it?
    How much pork did the bill passed by the GOP Senate have?

The only honest answers for those keeping score at home are: never and none because one didnít get passed the senate.
    The bill was full of democratic wish lists that had nothing to do with covid

The GOP wanted to do a smaller bill while they negotiated the rest and Pelosi wouldnít do it because she didnít want the GOP to get a win before the election.

Both sides were for a stimulus check. Both sides wanted to save the airline industry and help with more PPP funds for small businesses.

Why not put together a smaller bill to help people with rent/utilities with a stimulus check and save tons of potential airline jobs and small businesses?

They were fighting over testing and tracing and instead of getting something small done to help people they got nothing done and likely wonít now until at least mid January. Iím glad Pelosi played politics instead of helping people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you answer a couple of questions for me?

What was the last bill that became law that didnít have pork in it?
    How much pork did the bill passed by the GOP Senate have?

The only honest answers for those keeping score at home are: never and none because one didnít get passed the senate.
    no, the honest answer to your first question is "I don't know, I don't follow all the bills that get passed"
    I also don't know how much was in the bill the Senate was proposing.

but what I SAID was the House bill SHOULDN'T have passed as it stood, not that a bill shouldn't have passed

You insist on turning any and everything into a 'it bad, Republicans are to blame, it good, good job Dems' moment and that just isn't good logical thinking because it's not that simple.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The bill was full of democratic wish lists that had nothing to do with covid

The GOP wanted to do a smaller bill while they negotiated the rest and Pelosi wouldnít do it because she didnít want the GOP to get a win before the election.

Both sides were for a stimulus check. Both sides wanted to save the airline industry and help with more PPP funds for small businesses.

Why not put together a smaller bill to help people with rent/utilities with a stimulus check and save tons of potential airline jobs and small businesses?

They were fighting over testing and tracing and instead of getting something small done to help people they got nothing done and likely wonít now until at least mid January. Iím glad Pelosi played politics instead of helping people.

I agree with most of this. I think itís hard to tell whose fault it was. Do you know what else the Democrats were asking for that was rejected?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

North Carolina and Chicago you can only have 10 people or less inside your house or other gatherings. I have way more than 10 people in my extended family

Thanks wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Thanks wisconsin.
    did you intentionally invoke the ending to every episode of That 70s Show? lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    did you intentionally invoke the ending to every episode of That 70s Show? lol
    Well done.

I mean we watched this virus explode in Wisconsin because those geniuses wouldn't be "oppressed" and work it's way south due to the geniuses that were taking day trips to drink up there. Now it's our fault that he CAN get together with his family and run the risk of killing them. Where do you start with this? Meanwhile 1 of 300 people in my county are positive today.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Well done.

I mean we watched this virus explode in Wisconsin because those geniuses wouldn't be "oppressed" and work it's way south due to the geniuses that were taking day trips to drink up there. Now it's our fault that he CAN get together with his family and run the risk of killing them. Where do you start with this? Meanwhile 1 of 300 people in my county are positive today.
    yeah, it's nuts....for months I knew it was bad, but it wasn't bad HERE. While there had been a hot spot due to a meat packing plant an hour from me, for months there was never more than 10 active cases withing 45 miles of me. After the 4th it trickled up, but still no more than 25 near me....despite the fact cases were climbing elsewhere in the state......then came August. As a state we'd gotten under 1,000 active and now we've climbed to over 18,000. And my county is nearing 600 active. I'd assumed it was because schools have all had full in-person learning, but that doesn't at least appear to be the case. Now, finding out some are being tagged as Covid just because someone in their household tests positive throws me off some, but still...the main city in my county is the only one with a mask mandate, and numbers are still climbing (not that I'm seeing people being strictly held to the mandate)

My new favorite meme- I used to prefer to stay away from negative people. Now I stay away from the positive ones.

yeah, it's nuts....for months I knew it was bad, but it wasn't bad HERE. While there had been a hot spot due to a meat packing plant an hour from me, for months there was never more than 10 active cases withing 45 miles of me. After the 4th it trickled up, but still no more than 25 near me....despite the fact cases were climbing elsewhere in the state......then came August. As a state we'd gotten under 1,000 active and now we've climbed to over 18,000. And my county is nearing 600 active. I'd assumed it was because schools have all had full in-person learning, but that doesn't at least appear to be the case. Now, finding out some are being tagged as Covid just because someone in their household tests positive throws me off some, but still...the main city in my county is the only one with a mask mandate, and numbers are still climbing (not that I'm seeing people being strictly held to the mandate)

My new favorite meme- I used to prefer to stay away from negative people. Now I stay away from the positive ones.
    Thats actually surprisingly normal in the medical field. I had Influenza A in February, my wife felt sick a couple of days after I was diagnosed- no test. They just gave there the prescription and moved on.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Thats actually surprisingly normal in the medical field. I had Influenza A in February, my wife felt sick a couple of days after I was diagnosed- no test. They just gave there the prescription and moved on.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Understood....just saying that, as far as the positive numbers we're seeing, from what I know locally, they weren't necessarily doing the same thing in March and April. Doesn't change the fact the numbers aren't good regardless.

no, the honest answer to your first question is "I don't know, I don't follow all the bills that get passed"
    I also don't know how much was in the bill the Senate was proposing.

but what I SAID was the House bill SHOULDN'T have passed as it stood, not that a bill shouldn't have passed

You insist on turning any and everything into a 'it bad, Republicans are to blame, it good, good job Dems' moment and that just isn't good logical thinking because it's not that simple.
    Ok so it sounds like youíre aware that no bull becomes law or gets passed without some pork and yet that bothers you about this particular one. A process that happens in every single bull ever passed someone bothers you in this particular instance. Very strange.

Youíve gotten the outcome you wanted using the same process as has been used to pass every damn bill in recorded history. Until you present me a Senate bill that escapes the established process, all I hear is whining and nothing substantive.

I insist on employing some level of common sense. If that appears to be Republicans bad and Democrats good, I wonít apologize for it.

The phrase ďdonít let great be the enemy of goodĒ comes to mind. Youíre letting some idealized version of politics block you from supporting the right thing. And I choose to take this interpretation rather than you being ok with nothing being done. This is what I believe elected Republicans think. They are perfectly fine with nothing getting done because people who will blame Democrats who passed a bill for the failure rather than Republicans who passed no bill. They rely on your line of reasoning to defend their own.

Ok so it sounds like youíre aware that no bull becomes law or gets passed without some pork and yet that bothers you about this particular one. A process that happens in every single bull ever passed someone bothers you in this particular instance. Very strange.

Youíve gotten the outcome you wanted using the same process as has been used to pass every damn bill in recorded history. Until you present me a Senate bill that escapes the established process, all I hear is whining and nothing substantive.

I insist on employing some level of common sense. If that appears to be Republicans bad and Democrats good, I wonít apologize for it.

The phrase ďdonít let great be the enemy of goodĒ comes to mind. Youíre letting some idealized version of politics block you from supporting the right thing. And I choose to take this interpretation rather than you being ok with nothing being done. This is what I believe elected Republicans think. They are perfectly fine with nothing getting done because people who will blame Democrats who passed a bill for the failure rather than Republicans who passed no bill. They rely on your line of reasoning to defend their own.
    Any idea why Pelosi wouldnít accept a smaller bill where both sides agree? Stimulus check, bailing out airlines and helping small businesses? Seems like a good start and then they can negotiate the rest later on

Any idea why Pelosi wouldnít accept a smaller bill where both sides agree? Stimulus check, bailing out airlines and helping small businesses? Seems like a good start and then they can negotiate the rest later on

Which one was presented? This is such a nebulous statement to be entirely pointless. I suppose if you wanted to be technical, the size of the bill offered by Mitch McConnell was a bit smaller at $0.00.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I like the idea of the line-item veto for just such an instance. The president draws a line through the objectionable item in a bill but signs the rest of it. If the congress decides that the item is important, they can bring it back as a "stand-alone" bill.

Which one was presented? This is such a nebulous statement to be entirely pointless. I suppose if you wanted to be technical, the size of the bill offered by Mitch McConnell was a bit smaller at $0.00.
    McConnell said Tuesday that the new bill would be worth roughly $500 billion, according to the Washington Postís Erica Werner, but itís not clear how much of that total will be new spending and how much repurposed funds.

According to Werner, McConnell said the narrow bill will also have federal supplemental unemployment benefits (though itís not yet clear in what amount) and money for schools and hospitalsóthere was no mention of another round of direct payments.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...eal-again/amp/

Why push against this type of deal?

McConnell said Tuesday that the new bill would be worth roughly $500 billion, according to the Washington Postís Erica Werner, but itís not clear how much of that total will be new spending and how much repurposed funds.

According to Werner, McConnell said the narrow bill will also have federal supplemental unemployment benefits (though itís not yet clear in what amount) and money for schools and hospitalsóthere was no mention of another round of direct payments.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...eal-again/amp/

Why push against this type of deal?

Well gee isn't that a day late and a dollar short...what in the flying **** has he been waiting for? The HEROES Act passed the House on May 15th. It's been 183 days so far since that bill passed the House. Maybe people can take the sanctimonius both sides crap and shove it?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085