Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 391 of 560 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 8389
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    We stopped talking about it today. So we’re on the right path!

I mean we just set a record for most infections. But it’s over now baby!

Coronavirus: Record 100,000 new Covid cases reported in US

The figure, reported by the Covid Tracking Project, is accompanied by a steep rise in hospital admissions - suggesting that it is not solely due to increased testing.

More than 1,100 deaths linked to coronavirus were recorded on Wednesday.

The Covid crisis is being overshadowed by tensions over vote counting in the fraught aftermath of the US election.

More than 50,000 people across the US are currently in hospital with coronavirus - an increase of about 64% from early October.

Average daily death rates in the country have also been increasing again, although they are still lower than at the start of the pandemic.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54820353

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Coronavirus: Record 100,000 new Covid cases reported in US

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54820353
    Are you saying the issue is the higher positivity rate and not just "us doing more testing"?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Duh.

Here's the type of situation so many seem to not understand, and the words Typhoid Mary come to mind.

I know of a small nursing facility with just over 30 residents. None have left the facility in weeks yet as of yesterday every last one of them tested positive, as have over a dozen staffers. Contact tracing indicated it was all possibly due to 1 staffer going to a live indoor concert. It's fairly solid that's where things originated because none of the other staffers had really left their small town in a couple weeks prior.

It's a continuous pandora's box at this point. 1 becomes 5 becomes 20 becomes 50 and, like the meme I posted, we're all swimming in the same pool even tho some keep heading over to the peeing section.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

A good portion of the nation seems to be okay with a “culling the herd” approach.

— Allow a chunk of the old and the sick to die off.
    — Accept as a kind of collateral damage some long-term effects for the occasional younger person.
    — Get out there; gather together; make and spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    A good portion of the nation seems to be okay with a “culling the herd” approach.

— Allow a chunk of the old and the sick to die off.
    — Accept as a kind of collateral damage some long-term effects for the occasional younger person.
    — Get out there; gather together; make and spend money.
    most definitely, it is truly disheartening to hear so many younger people act like their lives shouldn't be impacted just becasue 'some old farts' may die so it isn't.....forgetting that some of the very people they love and want in their lives (i.e. parents) ARE some of those 'old farts'....AND, that at some point they TOO will BE the 'old farts'.....excessively short sighted, selfish, and heartless

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Here's the type of situation so many seem to not understand, and the words Typhoid Mary come to mind.

I know of a small nursing facility with just over 30 residents. None have left the facility in weeks yet as of yesterday every last one of them tested positive, as have over a dozen staffers. Contact tracing indicated it was all possibly due to 1 staffer going to a live indoor concert. It's fairly solid that's where things originated because none of the other staffers had really left their small town in a couple weeks prior.

It's a continuous pandora's box at this point. 1 becomes 5 becomes 20 becomes 50 and, like the meme I posted, we're all swimming in the same pool even tho some keep heading over to the peeing section.
    Then that one staffer should be fired. No two ways about it.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Then that one staffer should be fired. No two ways about it.
    Fired....for going to a concert? OK
    And btw, while many weren't, they said they DID wear a mask as much as possible.

Fired....for going to a concert? OK
    And btw, while many weren't, they said they DID wear a mask as much as possible.
    Absolutely. Someone working in a nursing home during these times needs to be held to a higher standard.

most definitely, it is truly disheartening to hear so many younger people act like their lives shouldn't be impacted just because 'some old farts' may die so it isn't.....forgetting that some of the very people they love and want in their lives (i.e. parents) ARE some of those 'old farts'....AND, that at some point they TOO will BE the 'old farts'.....excessively short sighted, selfish, and heartless
    This is a recurrent theme with the youth.

Absolutely. Someone working in a nursing home during these times needs to be held to a higher standard.
    Agreed

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

this is like a 17-18 yr old HS senior working as an aide, but OK

this is like a 17-18 yr old HS senior working as an aide, but OK
    Doesn't make it any more excusable. Take your job seriously or **** off and find another one.

Doesn't make it any more excusable. Take your job seriously or **** off and find another one.
    easy for you to say from your mom's basement

I mean, this is a small town, not many job ops, and I'd bet they already feel quite punished just knowing the result.....I only know about any of it because one of my brother's in-laws is a resident